Photo

*photos* 2005 General Distribution Solids

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: From the photos which one do you like the best?

From the photos which one do you like the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:16 PM

Here are the photos of the new 2005 General Distribution solids $80:
user posted imageIntuition Sparkling Snowflake
user posted imageBeautiful Glistening Owl
user posted imageYouth Dew Cameo
user posted imagePleasures Prancing Reindeer
user posted imageBeyond Paradise Golden Gift

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:27 PM

WOW, great year for GD solids this year, I happen to love the Cameo followed by the snowflake. The Reindeer and Owl are also nice solids but I could live without the golden gift.

What are your thoughts?

#3 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Is the snowflake a necklace?

I guess I know what my mother in law will get....the owl solid. She collects owls.

#4 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the photos, Lisa. I like these better than Last years GD solids. I love the Owl! I also really like the Cameo. I'm sure I will also buy the Snowflake and Reindeer. I share your opinion on the Golden Gift.
Joni

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

The snowflake is not a necklace. I like this solid and am hoping it doesn't look "cheesy" in person. tongue.gif

#6 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Thanks Lisa for a beautiful surprise. I believe that Owl and the Cameo would be the most advertising 2005 solids that will get further value in the years.
Thanks again,

#7 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

Thanks, Lisa, for these photos. You are amazing! I, too, like the Cameo, Snowfalke and Owl. The Gift Box might look better in person, it's kind of hard to tell. The Reindeer, though, looks like he might have gotten into Mrs. Claus' cookie jar. rolleyes.gif

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

Yeah - the reindeer has suddenly lost it's appeal for me . . . . not what I expected a 'prancing' reindeer to look like . . . . a little 'un Christmassy' to me, though he might grow on me later . . . . his antlers look a bit heavy for him . . . if it's a him!! unsure.gif

The Owl looks good - better than expected. Classy, in fact. smile.gif

#9 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

Judging from the photos, I like the snowflake the best. Looks interesting and different than previous solids. Could change though! Seems as if it will be too plasticy.

2nd fav is the reindeer. I somehow knew it wouldn't be as spectacular as I dreamed. Could use more bling and different colored horns.

Owl - undecided

Giftbox - not going to buy it

Least favorite - I feel like I'm in the minority, but I don't like the cameo. Actually, it's my least favorite theme of all time. Most of them look exactly the same with different color backgrounds once in a while. ph34r.gif I only bought one cameo ever and it was the anniversary edition. Hey, I figured anniversary = special. biggrin.gif

#10 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

FOR ME THE SNOWFLAKE LOOKS ABOUT THE BEST dry.gif
BUT I DONT THINK THAT I WILL BUY IT.

SAVING MY MONEY FOR THE CHINESE THEME ONES, THEY ARE SO NICE wub.gif

REGARDS......MARGARET.....

#11 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

I think the owl would have been nice with another colour enamel in addition to the white, maybe a bit of black or brown. I'm unsure of the rest at this stage.

Don't think there will be any future show stoppers in this lot! laugh.gif

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

I think the cameo may be a pin. I really like that it is not a traditional cameo and also love the dark background.

I like that the reindeer is big and beefy- he needs to be big to bring all my presents this year! laugh.gif I don't think the prancing name fits him/her though. It should have been called Pleasures Pissed off Reindeer because his eyes have a mean look to them. I do like this one though. smile.gif

I think a different color enamel on the owl would have been nice too, at least black crystal eyes. At first look I though the owl was sitting on his dinner- an egg he cracked open. Yuck!

#13 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:34 AM

smile.gif These general release perfume solids are alot more appealing to me than the Jay Strongwater ones, I should have seen these first, then I might not have been so down on the others.
I love the "Sparkling Snowflake" and "Cameo."
Oh My! Can't wait for these to be released.
Thanks Lisa for the photos and the chuckle about the Prancing Reindeer!
laugh.gif

#14 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:37 PM

I really like the reindeer, but they could have done so much more with it! the owl is great. I will probably buy them all.

Woody

#15 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'm with the majority. I like the Snowflake best. I also think the Reindeer should have had a sparkly red nose and more bling on his antlers. (Females don't have antlers.) Also, how about black, like the top hat, for his hooves?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users