3 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:54 AM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

I know that there are lots of you out there with expertise in the kitchen so I have a question for you.

I absolutely love the flavour of garlic, but like so many people suffer with the unpleasant smelly after effects. blink.gif ph34r.gif

My neighbours here tell me that if you slice the garlic clove down the middle and take out the green inner core then the smell on the breath dissapears.

Has anyone heard this before and does it work?

Looking forward to your replies.

Caroline

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

Hi Caroline smile.gif

Never heard of taking the middle green core out, but eating raw parsley after the garlic works....hope you like parsley tongue.gif

Regards.....Margaret...... laugh.gif

#3 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:17 PM

I've never heard of taking the middle part out.

I love garlic. To get the smell out, I brush my teeth and scrape my tongue. Tongue scraping is the important part because bad breath lingers on the tongue. If I won't be home for awhile, I try to eat something sour (vinegar or lemon based foods) or a couple of Altoid mints.

I hear mint leaves are good. Mint tea (using real leaves) seems like a good alternative. The only place I remember having any is the Moroccan restaruant I visited 3x.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:43 PM

If you find a green shoot in the middle of a garlic clove it may be a sign the garilc is old and starting to grow. This shoot in the center can be removed as it is bitter to the taste but best bet is to get some fresh garlic.

Parsley and breath mints are your best bet as well as the cleaning of the mouth like greyhound described!

I have a fantastically delicious recipe for cream of garlic soup if anyone is interested. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users