• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

Brigitte, when you put the sitting pig with gold next to your standing pig is the pink totally different or the same?

My standing pigs(3) are a very different pink more like the color in your photo and the other pigs are a kind of peachy pink. They came that way and I always thought
they were very different. There is not much marbling in my standing pigs and I can only see it under a loop. Your photo shows the marbling very well.

As a side note--- If EL had stuck to the Bling Bling solids instead of all this enamel in recent years we would not be having this problem. biggrin.gif
No wonder their sales are way down( according to recent business news magazines) and they have to bring in Mr. Ford when all they had to do is listen to their customers.

#32 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

Ever notice mistakes in any of your solids?
Here is an example of one of mine, see the spot where the enamel should have been. Guess this one slipped past quality control. My jester is not a reject solid as it has box, label and perfume. sad.gif

user posted image

#33 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

Brigitte, if anyone comments on your pig, you tell them he's just wearing a pair of britches. laugh.gif

#34 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

laugh.gif Yeah - I think Brigitte's pig has recently been playing in the mud!! laugh.gif

(At least the brown discolouring could be considered as appropriate for the pig!) sad.gif

#35 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

Ann,

my standing pig is much pinker than the sitting pig and it looks like each one is a little different in color

Brigitte

#36 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

Lisa, I just noticed something interesting about your Jester. The baton on my Jester (and also the one in the data base) is centered. Your Jester (and also the one in Roselyn's book) is not centered. blink.gif

#37 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

Martha,

Wow, we are getting good at this!! wink.gif

The baton on my jester slides so I can make it however I want. I don't think the baton was meant to move but mine sure does. rolleyes.gif

#38 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

I purchased two oysters. To display one open (to show the pearl). When I placed them side by side, one has a pink tinge the other greenish tinge. blink.gif
Lorraine

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Nooooo... say it isn't so!

Someone at EL is really going to have to do something about this.

Anyone else notice this? I don't yet have the oyster but am waiting on it.

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

Ever notice different color labels other than clear or gold?
Here is a white White Linen label and a black Knowing label.

user posted image

#41 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

Did you ever notice the color variations in these two solids?user posted image

#42 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

Did you ever notice that the faces of both theses cameos are the exact same and that the woman is wearing a grapevine in her hair?
user posted image

#43 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

WOW!! I have really enjoyed this topic and have learned a lot. I never cared much for the Piggies....but they are lovely! Good photography everyone!

Mimi wub.gif

#44 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Have you ever noticed the intricate detail on the back of the Victorian Dollhouse? There are 5 rooms completely furnished:

In the Foyer, is an entrance rug (oriental, I'm sure), side table with mirror.
The Living Room has a sofa, coffee table, TV, and picture (probably an original oil painting) hanging on the wall.
The Master Bedroom upstairs has a bed with frame, dresser and lamp.
The Nursery has a crib, table and arm chair.
The Attic has an arm chair (probably worn, that's why it's in the attic). biggrin.gif

This really is a beautifully detailed solid with the roof tiled in pink crystals and the shutters enameled a deeper shade of pink (maybe mauve?).

wub.gif Love this solid.

#45 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:12 PM

I never noticed the grapevine in the Cameo hair. It's very elegant.
I had to get out my Victorian Doll House and look. I never noticed that! It's so sweet and well done.
I like this topic!
KK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users