• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:06 PM

[I]What I meant to say is that as my pigs which do not have the discolouration are the ones with the gold trim and those in the photograph which have discoloured have the silver trim, could it be that only the silver trim pigs have turned that colour and the gold trim pigs have remained as pink.

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

No, because both my pigs have silver trim and one is perfect.

I really think there are a lot of factors that have to do with the discoloration one of the biggest in my opinion is light, either sunlight or artifical light.

#18 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

Thanks, Jacky. biggrin.gif

I notice that Lisa's pigs are both silver, yet only one has turned brown. Am wondering why this is. Lisa, has your pink pig been boxed up? My pig has been displayed in a curio cabinet with lots of light, but no direct sunlight. I would be interested to know what everyone thinks.

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

Martha,

The pig that "turned" is displayed in a table top curio that sits in front of a window. Although I keep the blinds shut at all times the FL sun is so strong that I am sure some sun gets to the solids.

My extra pig is in a darker room with no real sunlight exposure.

I wonder what the effects of keeping the solid in its box would be like- will the fumes from the perfume add to the discoloring since it is all closed up?

We need to hear from the collectors who keep 1 solid on display and 1 solid boxed up.

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

I have a bunch of piggies and some have turned and some have not. The ones put away also turned so I don't think it is from sunlight. Have one that has been "out in public" since it first came out and it is fine and full of perfume. Have some that never had perfume in them and they have turned.

Some only one part has turned( back or front), kind of like the slot machine. They don't look so good, better if the whole pig turns. I just wonder if maybe a batch of not so good enamel was made and some piggies were put together with a different batch on front and a better batch on the back since they are made in two pieces.

I think I remember when they came out you had to look at them in the store to make sure you got a"good " one.

The only ones that have not turned is the international standing pig and that may be due to the enamel is different on it.

Ann

#21 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we have this same conversation last year? I know I have CRS but didn't think it was that bad, LOL. The ice cubes in my wine bucket have changed a little but I don't see changes in any others. Must be a chemical reaction or something. Mine are in a case with overhead light but no direct sunlight, Lainey

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

Lainey,

Yup, we did discuss it before but I just noticed the teddies in the toy wagon discolored too- also one of my bubbly's is getting worse!

#23 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

I just went and re checked mine and my standing pig looks a little less pink and a little more brownish to me. I never noticed it before but it does seem to be changing. Do the bubbles in the Dog bath have a pink cast or are they changing too? Also are there 2 different color green Rhinestones on the Palm Trees Fronds? Very discouraging when these are so expensive.

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

Lainey,

Yes, there are two different color crystals in the palm fronds- a dark and lighter green.

And yes, the Puppy in a tub has also discolored, turning pinkish.

user posted image

#25 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

The coloration on the puppies look nicer than the pigs, slot machine, etc.

I had the gold pig before. I remember the front was pink and the back turned brownish. Stored it in the box.

#26 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Good eye for detail, Lisa. I have my teacup and petit fours here on my desk. One of the things I love the most are the tiny roses on them.
I see your teacup has pink sparkles on it. My puppy tub is still white and the teddy wagon is good. The ice bucket is a little yellow. These are on the desk in front of the window with northern sun. So I guess it's not the sunshine that gets 'em.
Good topic always interesting.
KK biggrin.gif

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:45 AM

The Pigs with the silver trim were released in a different year to those of the gold trim?? So perhaps if all the Gold Trim Pigs write in whether they have discoloured, and all the Silver Trim Pigs write in whether they have discoloured.

MINE.

STANDING PIG BOXED, GOLD TRIM: NO DISCOLOURATION

SITTING PIG, UNBOXED, GOLD TRIM: NO DISCOLOURATION

huh.gif

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:29 AM

Ever notice that the back of this solid is a heart?
user posted image

#29 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

I've checked my snails and I noticed that the international version (which is exactly the same as the US one) has the label with "snail" written on it.

ONE OF MY STANDING PIGS
user posted image

#30 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

WoW! Brigitte,

Never knew it was that bad!! I really am shocked to see such a difference in the color.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users