#61 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

Wow!! Great price tag, Lisa! laugh.gif

Hope you didn't pay too much above that !! laugh.gif

Whatever, I think you got a 'goody'. On ya!! (short for "Good on ya!") biggrin.gif

#62 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:49 PM

Congratulations Lisa! Well done. That is a great piece for any solid collection. So happy for you.

Gigi

#63 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

So did anyone else get a solid they were excited about?

#64 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

Wow! Lisa, that's an oldie but goodie. I haven't seen on of these. Congratulations! It's a beauty.

Edited by KK, 22 July 2005 - 12:01 AM.

#65 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

I just purchased some solids from Pam on this site - they haven't arrived yet but I'm just as excited! I bought some cameos from her and the yorkie & scottie dogs & the top hat. I can't wait to add them to my display!

Congrats on the snow pear, Lisa, good going! I hope you bought it from one of the members here - so far for me, this is the best place to get solids. biggrin.gif

#66 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:36 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL ACQUISITION!!! smile.gif

SEE - YOU STILL GET EXCITED ABOUT COLLECTING.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PHOTO.

ENJOY! ENJOY! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PHYLLIS

#67 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:06 AM

It finally arrived in the post yesterday!!! My little JESTER!!!! wub.gif

Lisa, just love your snow pear!!

#68 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

I just got back from Nieman Marcus in Ft. Worth with my four new solids. I brought home the Intuition Lucky Lantern (the orange one with the gold stand), the Beautiful Elephant, the Beyond Paradise Royal Parasol, and of course the Beautiful Lucky Dragon, which is my favorite. I was going to get both lanterns, but the Pleasures Lantern just wasn't as nice, and it is held together by two magnets....no hinge. It's different, in that respect, to the Intuition Lantern. They are both large. I think the dragon is going to be a hit!

Catherine

#69 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

Congratulations Catherine biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I really like the lanterns out of the NM collection.
You must be so excited with 4 new solids.

#70 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:24 PM

Catherine,

Thanks for the report on the new solids. We like the pictures of the dragon best also. Congrats on your new treasures. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#71 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Great finds everyone! The jester is one of my favorites and the top hat is great too!

Catherine,

Are the NM boxes the same as last years?

#72 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

Lisa, the NM boxes are blue with gold lids, like the ones that came with the Opulent Oyster and the Radiant Fish. The Lanterns both come with two pouches. One for the stand, and a separate pouch for the lantern itself. For some reason, the inside of the box for the Intuition Lucky Lantern is lined with foam around the sides, making it a very tight fit to get the stand back inside. None of the boxes for the Pleasures Royal Lantern that I saw were lined in this way. Both boxes were the same size.

I didn't intend to buy the Parasol until I saw it. It's shiny and sparkles, and the butterflies got me! I was disappointed in the Pampered Pekinese. The crystals (except for the eyes) are all at the base, which you don't really see unless you set it at eye level. I think it's overpriced. ohmy.gif

I took my husband with me (his first time to go "solids shopping" with me), and he sat in the makeup chair and greeted every woman that went by with "Good Afternoon, ma'am, Welcome to Nieman Marcus", telling the ladies in flip-flops that they couldn't go the White House. He had more people laughing and smiling. It was a hoot. laugh.gif

Catherine

#73 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

Catherine,
Your husband sounds like a riot! We would love it if you could share some pictures with us of your new solids.

#74 fluffy muffy

fluffy muffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

Hi All...This is my first posting...Recently received the Teapot, Party Cake,and then the Pink Lady, and the blue Boot from Las Vegas. Love them all. I think the circus set is my overall favorite...wish I could someday have the Carousel! I didn't know about the solids when that came out. I think I have around 200 of the treasures...don't care about the boxes or perfume (but don't want to pay for mint if it isn't there) as they are all displayed in my bathroom. I also have lots of the compacts...so I guess y'all know that I am hooked!!!
I take care of my mom who is 90 and has dementia so can't get out lots to luck on to treasures at garage or estate sales, but I am going this afternoon to Neiman Marcus to see the new ones...Should leave my credit card at home...but won't!
I love this site...thanks to all for being here...Linda

#75 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:53 AM

Hello Linda, or should I say FluffyMuffy! Love the name. It conjures up so many pictures. smile.gif Have just thought of a new topic (if Lisa agrees). What our pseudonyms bring to everyones minds!

So sorry to hear about your mother.

I also missed the Carousel. It was at Harrods and I remember thinking at the time that it was expensive (I was new to collecting then). To top that, a girlfriend went to Harrods and told me that she had seen this marvellous solid perfume and I still did not buy it! Talk about kicking myself! A missed opportunity and they don't come along that often!

So enjoy your visit to Neiman Marcus. Really interested how you feel about the pricing and the solids.

Not sure what part of the States you are from. Will be delighted to hear...
Take care...

smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 29 July 2005 - 11:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users