747 replies to this topic

#721 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I did not post for a long time, however I saw some of my old dear fellow collectors at the convention in New York. I was there with my husband, ..we missed Lisa ..and was soo pleased to see Woody. However, I could not wait to share with all of you my latest solids which are: Ivory Panda and Ivory Cat. Both were without boxes but with perfumes. I have the Panda arriving from Connecticut... it should arrive in the mail in the beginning of the next week.

Congratulations, Galinda! That's amazing you were able to find a Panda - so happy for you! Which Ivory Cat did you get? Please let us know when the Panda arrives!
Best,
Wendy

#722 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your congrats.... To my surprise the Panda compact arrived in a blue Tiffany box with untouched perfume with a small gold round label at the base indicating perfume as Cinnabar. He is a darling. The Ivory Cat is without a box and is 1982 Contented Cat with the remains of Cinnabar perfume.

Galina.

#723 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Attached File  IMG_6370.jpg   67.06KB   23 downloads

#724 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

I am trying to upload more photos of the Panda, however I am unsuccessful

#725 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I think it's fair to say that we all love that Panda !! :D

Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing with us !

#726 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

Sad really but I can't remember the last compact I bought. Totally disillusioned with what has been going on over the years with all the empty compacts sold on ebay, refilled compacts with 'plain gold boxes', homemade refills and now over on U.K. ebay someone is trying to sell empty EL compacts at hugely inflated prices, hope no-one is silly enough to pay those prices for an empty compact! Never thought I would say this but right now I can actually walk by a Cosmetic Store without going in...........
On the up-side at least I have more money in my pocket! Any one have any suggestions as to compacts other than EL that are worth collecting? :)/>/>

MitziMay

#727 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi MitziMay,

My other very favorite solids are from Corday.
Corday Fame Le Dolphin, Toujours Moi Cameo and Ivory Horse.

#728 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thank you Sandra for your congrats

#729 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Galina,
You've acquired a treasure! It looks mint condition. Enjoy.
Ar

#730 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi MitziMay,

My other very favorite solids are from Corday.
Corday Fame Le Dolphin, Toujours Moi Cameo and Ivory Horse.

Hi Galina

Thank you for the advice, checked out a couple of Corday compacts on ebay and they are really cute!

MitziMay
xxx

#731 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

I really could not believe my eyes on seeing the Panda!!!!!!!!! What a find! What a treasure! Congratulations. Must read all the posts.

MitziMay, where on earth have you been! Long time no see.

Re your comment about the over inflated prices for empty compacts, I really do think that it is better that way than to see them going for a song. If I put up a solid which I really do not wholeheartedly want to sell, then I put the price HIGH. If it sells, all well and good but if it doesn't, no problem as I did not wish to really sell in the first instance.... This might sound a bit strange but to explain my logic, will require re-writing.....

That Panda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just could not believe my eyes! :ph34r:

#732 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thank you kindly to all for your wonderful inputs.
Dear Ar, you are so correct I did acquire a treasure, the Panda is in excellent condition except it comes in Tiffany Box instead of EL box, however the solid in the Tiffany box fits perfectly like it was made for it. I would say even better than EL box). If you compare to Ivory Duck (this solid comes in the EL blue box without any support).

#733 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

Congrats on the Panda! Does anyone posess the Imperial Frog that was mentioned in R.Gerson's book?? I wondered if someone in our group does. I would love to see a picture of that one too!

As for new solids... well I got the violin minus bow! LOL as you might have noticed in my post! But the great new one I found is the Aliage Heart Necklace MIOB. The gold wire choker is a might bit tight. The white heart is larger than I expected, but it is an awesome addition to my collection. I love finding the older solids in their original boxes. I also finally got the Sparkling 2001 champagne bucket which is very pretty MIbb.

Happy Hunting to us all!
Jennifer in Jax

#734 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hello Jenn, What page is the frog on? Can you give me some more details as do not recollect anything about an Imperial Frog...

x

#735 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hi Jenn,

Collecting EL solids and compacts for fifteen years, I never heard about Imperial Frog. Please tell us more about this solid and where you found out this information.
Thanks,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users