747 replies to this topic

#706 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Jennifer,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Ar

I want the shimmering showgirl too!

Thank you so much, I appreciate your care.

I am hoping the showgirl is pretty in person. I am going to be trying to work on the Vegas solids now too with her and the lucky hand. I can't remember them all which is why I am so grateful for this site!
Jennifer

#707 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hello Jen, Good to see you here .. xxx

#708 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Thanks! I hope you are doing good!!
HUGS from over the pond!!
Jennifer

#709 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

The Showgirl is here and she is gorgeous! Very detailed and my most expensive solids to date! I realized she is perched on a pile of blue and green "las vegas" chips.

The lucky hand is not as flashy as the showgirl but a fun addition to the vegas solids!

Jenn in Jax

#710 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Alright are none of you posting anymore? I have to think that all the Estee solids are being scooped up by some of you and you just aren't celebrating on this site... where are all the collectors?

So anyway my cowboy rode into my home today and I am hoping for a cowgirl soon to follow. He is a handsome little guy!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Jennifer

#711 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

I haven't been doing much collecting lately. In fact, I had an emergency appendectomy three weeks ago. I didn't have the strength to pull up ebay!
Ar

#712 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

I haven't been doing much collecting lately. In fact, I had an emergency appendectomy three weeks ago. I didn't have the strength to pull up ebay!
Ar

UGH! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anything you need? I don't know where you live but I can mail out chicken noodle soup if you are not near Jax. Are you hurting bad? I have never had that surgery...knock on wood that I don't ever need to have it. Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery. If you just need a friend to chat with to listen about what a pain it is to be sick I am willing and able to be here for you. My phone number is cell 904-422-9780. I always love talking with fellow solid perfume collectors.

Blessings and hugs-
Jennifer in Jax

#713 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Jen,
You're very thoughtful. My surgery was May 13 but it's taken a long time to recover because my appendix partially burst. I didn't have sharp pain, it felt like terrible cramps. I never guessed it could be appendix! I'm back at work full time starting tomorrow.
Hugs,
Ar

UGH! I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anything you need? I don't know where you live but I can mail out chicken noodle soup if you are not near Jax. Are you hurting bad? I have never had that surgery...knock on wood that I don't ever need to have it. Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery. If you just need a friend to chat with to listen about what a pain it is to be sick I am willing and able to be here for you. My phone number is cell 904-422-9780. I always love talking with fellow solid perfume collectors.

Blessings and hugs-
Jennifer in Jax

#714 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Well I hope you feel better and have renewed strength. Being sick is the pits. Trust me. With my chronic condition, I know how it sucks to be not feeling good. So I empathize with you!

I am glad you are back to work, but remember to take it easy and take things one bite at a time. My dad has a saying, the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time! Which is really fitting today because I received in the mail the Lucky Elephant! Very cute!

Jennifer in Jax

#715 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is my 500th post!!!!! I doubt I will ever catch Petals, who is nearing 3,000.

In the past two months I've acquired the Harrod's bus, Showgirl (woohoo!), Marlin, Postbox, Radiant Fish and Shimmering Oasis. I've been waiting for these for a long time... I still want some others for my collection but I'm taking a break for a bit. :-)
Ar

Edited by Ar, 24 July 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#716 wjh414

wjh414

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Congratulations to all! Wow, Ar, you hit the mother-lode (so to speak)! That's wonderful and your patience paid off. You have told me in the past to be patient and wait - eventually everything shows up on ebay and you were right! I just bought the 2011 Luck Elephant MIBB for half the original price. He is just adorable! :wub: Happy hunting to everybody and enjoy! :lol:
Wendy

#717 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hello Ar, Just catching up with your posts and the fact that you have been under the weather. Pleased to hear you are well on the mend.

Jenn, hope you are OK too.

I really have neglected the posts but I have been away for a few weeks and not long returned to U.K.

Ar, remember the saying '' empty vessels make most sound'' and possibly that is why I have reached a certain number! Also, were you around when all of us wrote stories on the site? Those were such fun days. With all the writing etc., (we were all totally addicted during those times) the posts were non-stop.

If one of you would like to start something under the appropriate heading, am sure Margaret and myself and others would join in.

I shall be offline for a while after 10th August, but will check in again, once online.....

Still trying to catch up.......Wendy, I owe you a long email!!!.......x

Edited by Petals, 30 July 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#718 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

J -- sounds like you're doing a lot of traveling. Enjoy and be safe!

I'm afraid of running out of space for solids. I never unpacked the collection when I moved almost 8 years ago. Since then I've acquired 60-70 more, which are on display. I really should do an inventory. I'm trying to be more selective and only getting those I really covet.

Hugs to all!

#719 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hi Ari, Not really doing a great deal of travelling but have two trips close to one another.

Good way to keep track of solids in your collection is to go on this site to the Solids Database. It allows you to tick the ones you have and and remove the tick later.....

Going back to sleep. Take care.

:)

#720 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hello everyone,

I did not post for a long time, however I saw some of my old dear fellow collectors at the convention in New York. I was there with my husband, ..we missed Lisa ..and was soo pleased to see Woody. However, I could not wait to share with all of you my latest solids which are: Ivory Panda and Ivory Cat. Both were without boxes but with perfumes. I have the Panda arriving from Connecticut... it should arrive in the mail in the beginning of the next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users