747 replies to this topic

#691 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hi all-
My newest now is the 2011 EL Beautiful Love solid. Very pretty gold heart with red stone to open it on red silk cord. Signed Love Estee Lauder 2011 inside. So pretty!

I hope everyone has a super Thanksgiving!
Jennifer in Jax

#692 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Jacky,
Harrods has a solid "exclusive" Pleasures Happiness by Jay Strongwater. Is this new for the holidays? Have you seen it?
Ar

#693 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Hello Ar,

Apologies! So much has been going on in the last month that I have not been visiting the site as regularly as I normally do.

Re your question re ''Happiness'' by Jay Strongwater, I have seen it and it is not a new release. It was released in the Spring and is gorgeous. Unfortunately so is the price tag of 320. The colours are vibrant etc., and it is not as large as it appears in pictures. Beautiful solid but I personally think for a new release it was priced too high! I do not even know whether it is limited in number but without a guarantee of being limited to a specific amount i.e. the English Emblem was limited and so were the bears in the early days and other Harrods solids, I would not spend . This one even though at Harrods, will probably sell at half the price if it was released overseas . Only the Harrods Logo solids are exclusive to the U.K. re sales...

Hope this helps even though somewhat belated. Also my wishes for Happy Thanksgiving which has now passed.

#694 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Yep! And it's just about time to wish everybody a "Happy Christmas" instead ! :lol:

#695 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

:unsure: Oh Sandra, you have made me laugh. Especially as I am a bit down right now. Thank you!!!! :lol: xxx

#696 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's what I'm here for ! :D

Though I am sorry to hear you are a bit down in the dumps . . . I hope you perk up a bit soon. It's all right to be sad once in a while, just not too long. :(

#697 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi Jacky,
I think now that it was sold at Saks but I don't know what the price was. I'll wait for ebay.

Stay positive and enjoy the holiday season! :D

Ar

#698 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Strongwater "Happiness", 2011, was sold in Saks priced at $275.00

#699 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks Phyllis. Significantly cheaper than what it is/was selling for in the U.K.

:)

#700 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Just got Harrod's London Taxi! Woohoo!

Ar

#701 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Lucky YOu! I don;t have it! Booooo hoooo Hooooooo!

#702 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

J, I can't believe you don 't have one of the Harrods! My Taxi is now parked next to the Harrod's Van. :P

#703 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I just won an auction for the tutu. I've been trying to get one for about ten years. I paid half what I expected to. It's supposed to be MIB. Can't wait! :)
Ar

#704 butterflies1219

butterflies1219

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

I am excited to report my latest haul of solids: the 1974 Youth Dew Imperial solid foo dog - very netsuke looking. the 1994 knowing honeycomb mibb, the white linen kitten with the blue rhinestone collar mib, 1997 gemini horoscope series solid, 1974 aliage sport necklace and 1976 parfumiere necklace which really isn't a solid but since it is part of the series, I went ahead and got it.

I only need four other horoscope solids to complete that collection - the cancer crab, aries ram, leo lion. If anyone has one of those, let me know. I am not concerned about the box for those.

A friend from tne UK is bringing two solids from over the pond for me, the shimmering showgirl and lucky hand. I am excited to get those.

And a bit of sad news, in honor of my mother just passing away - I also got the 1997 Watermeolon mibb since that was the last thing she could eat before she passed away last week. (Yes, I am greiving by getting solids to give me some joy during all this.) I put my boquet solid in front of her picture since she loved flowers. I am going to work towards the hummingbird solid and bird themed solids this year in honor of her bird watching.

I hope anyone who went to the IPBA convention in vegas is having a great time! I really wanted to go, but will try again next year!

Jennifer in Jax

#705 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Jennifer,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Ar

I want the shimmering showgirl too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users