• Please log in to reply
747 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

OK everyone what was the last solid you either got from a store or opened from the mail??

Mine, finally was the US version of the tea cup. I am just thrilled to death, it is my all time favorite solid I just wub.gif it!! The tiny pink crystals are just too darling the details of the tea bag, spoon, enameling of the tea and lemon make this the perfect solid for me. I am also a tea drinker to boot.

This is what I opened today.

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:54 PM

Sounds great!

I haven't been that excited about solids in awhile. I bought the blue butterfly last month on ebay. Disappointed about the dent that the seller didn't disclose! I should have complained but didn't. sad.gif

Before that, I bought a MIB peach in January. biggrin.gif Sometime along the way I bought the Pagoda. One of those solids I changed my mind on...now I love.

Out of anything I bought, I'm the most excited about the purse I won on ebay. I got a real LV epi leather bag for $200 something. The blue is the most beautiful shade I've ever seen. cool.gif

#3 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:12 AM

WELL DONE LISA - YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING THAT SOLID FOR AGES. MY BIG DAY CAME LAST FRIDAY WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND ARRIVED FROM NEW YORK WITH 7 - YES SEVEN NEW SOLIDS FOR ME biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . FIVE OF THE JUDITH LEIBERS - I DIDN'T BUY THE LITTLE CHICK AS I FELT IT LOOKED THE ODD ONE OUT, THE PAGODA WHICH I JUST LOVE AND THE LUCKY LADYBUG WHICH I ALSO LOVE. SO THAT WAS AN EXCITING DAY - EXPENSIVE YES BUT VERY EXCITING.

KAREN

#4 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:41 AM

The last solid I bought from a store was the LV sign - it's growing on me. It looks great with the other LV solids. My biggest EL solid purchasing extravaganza was when LauderLover was selling her whole collection, I bought 20 YES I did write TWENTY solids from her and they all came in one big box!!! My husband, sister and sister-in-law were all here and so everyone was in my living room watching me unpack and it became a big oohhhh and ahhhh fest!!! It was totally expensive but sooooo worth it! I'm still recouping from the expense but it was money well spent and I can't take it with me so I might as well spend it while I'm here! And spend it on solids!! Among the ones I bought from her, I love the purple rose!, party shoes and the bird cage. For me it was the biggest purchase ever!

#5 bonbon9876

bonbon9876

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:44 AM

I crave for the Tea Cup too, to make a companion to my Tea Pot. Why is it being so hard to find? Seems like the owners are reluctant to let it go smile.gif

Recently, I, finally, get the bling-bling Cinderella's Coach biggrin.gif
and a gorgeous letter holder of Florenza (there is a little angel holding a pink heart-shaped crystal on it). So excited. biggrin.gif

Have a great day!
Nina

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

Great stories everyone!

WOW! Katita that must have been fantastic to open 20 new solids. Would have looked to have been there just to watch.

Karen, all the same fun and excitment with 7. I get all giddy with just one.

Greyhound, great deal gotta love the LV, see the new cherry monogram.

At one point I had the Cinderella's coach but because it was a larger solid I sold it sad.gif Wish I didn't now. Live and learn wink.gif Nina, I also catch myself looking at other makers solids a lot of them are so charming, your angel sounds like one of them.

#7 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

It was FANTANTIC!!!!!! I usually just get one at a time but this was just too good to pass up and I figured this was my personal EL Lottery!! I know I paid for them but it felt like a lottery win just the same. We all OOHHHHed and AAAHHHHed over and over and then I placed each one in my display case. Once I figure out how to upload pictures, I'll put some up in the members gallery. I'm computer stupid so please be patient with me.

My mail just came and my newest gem just arrived! The one called Baroque. I love when a new beauty comes into my hands!!!

Happy Day Everybody!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#8 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:01 PM

Lisa

I could feel your excitement. Couple of months ago my Tea Cup arrived and I was so thrilled that I invited my neighbor (orignally from London) to come in to view it with me. She exclaimed it was exquisite and then she saw the English Emblems and went ga-ga.

Didn't think anything could top that but last week I opened the Starry Nights and was on cloud nine. Guess mostly because I never expected to even see one MIB. It is larger and heavier than I thought it would be. I love it!

Phyllis

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

Phyllis,

Ooohhhh, ahhhh- starry nights, very nice!! Love getting vintage solids MIB.

I am expecting two batchs next week, don't want to say what solids they are & jinxs it but it I should be getting 10 solids that I don't have. 7 of them I would consider rare and hard to find.

My fingers and toes are crossed and I am waiting for the mail man!! tongue.gif

#10 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:54 PM

Just wondering where you guys find solids (other than ebay or items posted on this site)? Do you have secret deals with other collectors?

My collection is currently at a standstill. Ebay is getting boring. The solids I really like are beyond my budget. I'm thinking of selling some of my collection to buy better stuff. Trouble is finding solids I'm willing to part with. laugh.gif I don't think I can break even on the strawberry shortcake or bubbly solids unsure.gif....and they would be the 1st on the chopping block.

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:06 PM

Found the ones I referred to above are from two other members on the site both looking to downsize.

I agree with eBay getting boring- same old warehouse stuff!

I was also at a standstill, thought I was saving money but the whole time I was saving up for a lot of solids at once! ohmy.gif

#12 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

There are always quite a few at www.rubylane.com. Just enter Estee under search. smile.gif

The prices are usually kinda steep though. ohmy.gif

#13 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

My most recent purchases were 3 solids that had been on my wish list for some time: Lucky Elephant (brushed goldtone), the Fantastic Voyage in blue, and the Circus Lion. Still looking for the Fantastic Voyage in pink (hint, hint) wub.gif

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

Martha,

Great solids, the gold elephant is hard to come by.

Funny, about the pink balloon, that's the only one I don't have either. I also don't have the pink collectors egg but have the red and blue ones. Wonder if they made less of certain colors?

No packages for me today sad.gif

#15 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

Also, pink might be the most popular color out of the 3. Many women love pink.

I don't have any eggs or balloons. I'm real behind on collecting. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users