• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

biggrin.gif Yeah, it was funny (in a good way) to go back and read this thread. I can't even remember writing the posts, but it's good to see that everyone got stuck in and had their say.

Actually, I was looking up the word 'plastic' because I wanted to know which ones were made out of plastic and which ones were made out of metal as I just received a solid that I was a little sus about . . .

After reading the story and the 'mold making' issues, I got spooked ! But now I'm pretty sure the one I have is kocha . . . pretty sure, not totally. huh.gif

#32 Flyaway

Flyaway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Speaking of Las Vegas......
Are they done producing Las Vegas exclusives????

#33 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:45 PM

Don't see how they can with the shop closing down......would it be the same buying a Vegas exclusive from anywhere else.

Margaret

#34 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Nov 15 2009, 03:45 PM)
Don't see how they can with the shop closing down......would it be the same buying a Vegas exclusive from anywhere else.
Margaret

View Post

It was real eerie going to the Forum Shops and seeing that the EL store was closed. I was not aware that it was closing and you can imagine my surprise! blink.gif When I was there (probably right after they had closed) there was a sign thanking customers for their loyal support and some contact number for questions and reward stuff.

#35 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

I was so shocked when the E.L. store closed, I would have thought that in a place like that it would have done well...The Forum Shops will never be the same for me and I know that when we had our trip to Vegas two years ago it was our last one.....They seem to be knocking the heart out of Vegas.

I have had so many good times there but its just not the same anymore..... sad.gif

Margaret.....

#36 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ May 24 2010, 07:15 AM)
I was so shocked when the E.L. store closed, I would have thought that in a place like that it would have done well...The Forum Shops will never be the same for me and I know that when we had our trip to Vegas two years ago it was our last one.....They seem to be knocking the heart out of Vegas.

I have had so many good times there but its just not the same anymore..... sad.gif

Margaret.....

View Post

Not only have they knocked the heart out of LV, but most of the Performers in the shows have had so much "cosmetic surgery" I feel like I'm at Madame Tussauds! At what age should they let the curtain fall? Wayne Newton can't even blink! Must sleep with his eyes open. ohmy.gif

As for the Carnival atmosphere on the Strip, it's still the same. Just different children handing out those books/pamphlets (which I thought originally were guides) giving one all the 800 numbers to every "lady of the night" in LV. When you think about it, unless you're staying at one of the higher end Hotels and never leave the premises, it's pretty tacky these days. And maybe it always was...we just never really noticed it before.
sad.gif

#37 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

I liked the way the tack sat against the high end. The tack was the old Vegas.

We were talking to a taxi driver the last time we were there and he told us that the ordinary people have no say in what is pulled down and what is built. I do wish that the people who grant the planning for all these new hotels would realise that Vegas has a hell of a lot of history, even if it is recent and it needs to be preserved.

But there again I expect its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so sad... sad.gif

Vegas will always have a place in my heart and I love looking at all the old pics of the strip and reading about how it grew from nothing.

Margaret.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users