59 replies to this topic

#46 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

I emailed Roselyn (compactldy@aol.com) and quick like lightening I got a response and she is sending me all the info I need for the LV convention. This site is really a collectors dream. Lisa, thanks again! I'm staying at the Boardwalk in the Steeplechase rooms, whatever that means. I'm so excited - can't wait to see everyone there!

Happy Times Everybody!! Katita

#47 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

I was all set to go to Vegas, then discovered an important summit I have to attend on 6/10. Darn! Is there any way to order or buy the new solids that EL will have available on Sunday?
Ar

#48 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

Looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone again!

Ar,

The LV store only has some of last seasons to sell, they do take orders for the new ones though. Let me know if anyone is looking for something specific with spending price and I will look for you during the sale.

wink.gif

#49 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:29 AM

We also can't go to LV this year. All of you will have a great time. It is the best convention!!!!

We are planning to go to Harrods this fall. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ken

#50 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

Ken, be sure to check out the display of the Estee solids in the pass through overlooking the Egyptian escalators at Harrods. It is a good one. smile.gif

#51 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the information.

We are very excited to be going.

Anyone want to do lunch??????

Ken

#52 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

What a great trip to do for you both!! Watch out for the cars coming at you the "wrong" side of the road!! Are you taking any solids with you or just bringing loads back?

There's always High Tea to do with the Queen if she is free that day . . . . if not maybe Camilla can set aside some time for you!! wink.gif

I have only been to Harrods in the crush around the end of the year. I didn't enjoy it. sad.gif Didn't make it to the "Perfumery" floor to see any solids. Had to bail out before I suffocated to death! blink.gif

If only I had known Jacky back then . . . . my life with Harrods solids may have turned out differently . . . . . boo hoo!! sad.gif

#53 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

Ken will not be allowed to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cammies people are getting with my people for the arrangments to do tea. biggrin.gif

Ann

#54 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:45 PM

So glad you are having a trip over here. Will you be here in time for the UK IPBA by any chance? That would be fun!

#55 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

Not sure of the date yet so don't know. When is the IBPA???

We are also lookng at going "up" to Edinbourgh . Do you live close??? We could do lunch on the moors. biggrin.gif

Ann

#56 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:36 PM

Ann,
One last piece of advice for Americans in England.

Look both ways before stepping out into a road to cross. ph34r.gif

Also, get ready to do some walkin' and stair climbing (especially if you use the tubes. biggrin.gif )

Margaret and Don

#57 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:45 PM

Thanks.

We are going to practice although with Lisa's great topic DID YOU NOTICE I have been running up and down the stairs looking at my solids. biggrin.gif
( computer upstairs , solids downstairs.)

Ann

#58 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:46 AM

Hi Ann and Ken, will check the exact date for the IPBA but believe it will be in September.
As for Edinburgh, well I live in Glasgow about 30 miles away. Of course I prefer Glasgow, and as there is a lot of rivallry between the two cities, I should maybe not comment. Let me know dates and I'll try and find out what is going on in both cities for you.
Do I take it you will be travelling up by train!!! biggrin.gif

#59 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:50 AM

Back again. The UK IPBA is in the Comfort Inn, Heathrow and will be on the 22nd- 23rd October. How does that tie in with your trip?

#60 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:37 AM

I loved London on my visit a couple of years ago, would love to make it over again soon. Perhaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users