Thanks for your post Woody - sounds like you're having fun there!! biggrin.gif

Hope to hear more later and see pics, even!! smile.gif

#32 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hi Katita, I am know to be a tea jenny so that'll be good. ( a tea jenny is someone who loves tea.) When I am not at work my teapot is never cold! Must admit though that in America I usually drink coffee as I don't like it when they bring you a cup of hot water and a teabag on the side!
When in America do as the Americans do. Anyway, there are some nice American wines!!!!!
Woody, how did the rest of the convention go????

#33 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

Woody,

How was the rest of the IPBA convention? Please let us know how your round table event went on Sunday. wink.gif

#34 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

Lisa,
Are you going to post Upcoming Events info on Las Vegas?
Ar

#35 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

Nancy,
What will be in Reston? Do you mean Reston, VA? That's 30 minutes away from me.
Ar

#36 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

Ar,

Yes, Nancy means Reston, VA. It is only 15 minutes away from me. Perhaps we'll see each other there next year!

Jeanette

#37 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Hello everyone! I arrived home last night and am trying to get organized....thank you Lisa for posting all the pics! I was ready to fax them to you today....I think the Niemans ones are great! And I just viewed the Jay Strongwater ones that Lisa posted..I have to agree with the majority....yuck. I will only order the kitten on the sofa.....all the powder compacts are GREAT...and I will order all of them except the Lieber ones...too expensive...

As for the convention, as I has said, WE MISSED YOU SOLID COLLECTORS! There was just a small turnout...nothing like last year in Reston. I throughly enjoyed spending time with my new best pal Sophie from Paris. As for the roundtable, we had about 10 people, many of whom were unaware of www.solidperfume.com and our great site or the Compact Collectors Club and the LV event. Watch for new members! Had some VERY VOCAL concerns about Estee and the warehouse and CC store sales and how people would not buy the new ones. I spoke about matching powders and compacts and our attendees were very unfamilar with the powders...maybe some new collections will be starting! Wish I had more....but that's a wrap!

Woody

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know Woody! Sounds like you did a fantastic job and hopefully you turned some new folks into hard core solid collectors like us! (Wait isn't that something EL should be doing?) Anyway, was there an EL rep there?

Get ready for Vegas everyone! I will be posting info hopefully later tonight. biggrin.gif

#39 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

Lorna Scruggs was there from Niemans with pics of the new ones and taking orders. There was no "official" company rep. I am surprised the EL doesn't work the IPBA group more. I had even posed the possibility that EL deliver the keynote address one year and got no response from EL. This was just my idea and not an official club request, but I would be glad to pursue it.

Woody

#40 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

Hi Woody smile.gif

Tell me do you just collect Estee compacts, or the older none Estee ones as well.

Regards.....Margaret

#41 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

I am still collecting solids as well as concentrating on the powder compacts..I think they are great and usually a little cheaper..but I have noticed that the really unusual powders are going up too.

Woody

#42 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the wrap up, Woody - good to hear you are converting the rest of the nation and raising concerns about EL management for the better!!

Keep it up and looking forward to seeing some new members and their input!! smile.gif

#43 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hi Woody,
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a great time!
KK laugh.gif

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

Lisa,
Are you going to post Upcoming Events info on Las Vegas?
Ar

Ar,

I added some infromation on the upcoming Compact Collectors Convention under the calendar (top of the page on the right)- at the bottom of the page forward to June and you will see the event in the blue bar, click for more info. wink.gif

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:07 AM

[I]Thanks for the updates Woody! Am sure the U.K. Chapter of IPBA would love to hear from Speakers for the U.K. Convention in October. If you know of anyone willing to come for the experience (not the 's) pass it on!

wink.gif

Just had a thought! How about your coming over and giving a talk on your Collection of Compacts and Perfumes?????????

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users