• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

Well the convention starts tomorrow, maybe some of our members are there now. Hopefully we will be able to get some updates from those who attend- PLEASE. wink.gif

#17 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

Lisa,

I live in the Dallas area and am planning on attending. I may not make it on Friday due to other appointments, but will be out there on Saturday and hopefully on Sunday.

Catherine

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

Catherine,

Great to hear from you!

Yes, let us know how the convention is, say "hello" to Woody (he is there now) and good luck with the solid hunt!! wink.gif

#19 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

Who is going to be in LV in June? I just booked by flight and hotel room at the Boardwalk. I can't wait!!! This is my first convention. I hope to meet some of you there. Let me know, please. Thanks - Katita

#20 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:48 PM

Me, me, Jack and I are going!

Any excuse to get to Vegas!

#21 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

YEAH! We get to meet !!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

This should be fun - my first time in Vegas! See ya there!!

#22 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

Howdy ya'll from Texas! I am in Dallas and we are in the second day of the convention. Last night was the grand opening with the members only show. This morning was the Collectors Swap Meet and we just finished a 2 hour show event. Seminars are this afternoon and auction tonight. More tomorrow and wrap up Sunday! I am already tired....

The news is the convention has smaller attendance this year. About 22 dealers in the showroom. There are not many solid collectors here as before either! We miss you! It has been great seeing some of my solid buddies and especially nice to meet my long time internet friend, Sophie Miara from Paris. We have become fast friends and will be visiting her in Paris later this year I hope. There are also not as many solids available as last year sad.gif But, I did see color pics of the new Niemans exclusives as well as the general distribution! The exclusives are all GREAT! Lorna Scruggs from Niemans had the pics and gave me a copy. I will get with Lisa and see if I can fax to her. I will let the pics speak for themselves. Lorna told me Bob Conte was the designer again...Hallelujah! rolleyes.gif

On Sunday morning, I am hosting a roundtable on Estee Lauder. I will give you another update when I get back to California on Wednesday.

Bye ya'll!

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Woody,

Love it! Thanks for being our IPBA ambassador. Please keep us informed.
biggrin.gif

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for all your news Woody. Interesting and really appreciated!

smile.gif

#25 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:03 AM

Good old Woody, we can always rely on you. I still wish I was there though.
Katita, see you in Vegas. Can't wait. Must save up for Reston next year.

#26 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

WOODY......THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GIVE US THE RUN DOWN ON THE CONVENTION, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED smile.gif

MY REGARDS TO YOU.....MARGARET

#27 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

Can't wait to meet you too, Nancy. Bring a bottle of your favorite single malt scotch. My favorite over here is Oban. Yum! It would probably be regarded as rot gut to you! laugh.gif wink.gif

#28 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Woody

Great to know you are in Dallas and sending all the scoop. Will be wonderful to see you again in Vegas.

Phyllis

#29 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

Sorry to disappoint you Katita but I cannot abide whisky sad.gif Even the smell of it turns my stomach! blink.gif

#30 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:42 PM

NANCY NANCY - A NON-SCOTCH DRINKING SCOT!!!???? OKAY - WE'LL HAVE TEA - ANOTHER OF MY WEAKNESSES! I LOVE A GOOD STRONG CUP OF TEA.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU IN VEGAS, AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users