32 replies to this topic

#16 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

This is just sooooooooo funny!!!

I'm with Margaret, no melting of our solids - but of course there's the fine old standby CHOCOLATE.
wink.gif
As for Michaelangelo's David - yes I can see where Ar is coming from - of course there are many Greek statues which could also be replicated. ohmy.gif

I am also reminded of the little statues which were everywhere in Hong Kong, it wasn't until you were really close that you could see what they were doing!!!! Of course by then it was too late and there were "knowing" glances from the assistants.

dry.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

CAROLINE

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:37 PM

If I ever go to Hong Kong I will have to remember to stay away from little statues.
I'm very long sighted and to see anything close too I have to get very near to it and PUT MY GLASSES ON....... I'd get more than 'knowing'looks, thrown out more like it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Michaelangelo's David would make a good solid........ WITH BLING....of course wacko.gif

Regards, Margaret

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

Where would you put the bling, blingMargaret!

rolleyes.gif

#19 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Oh, thanks, Jacky, I just spewed my drink all over my keyboard ... too funny, you wicked lady. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#20 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:26 PM

Caroline, do you mean statues or netsuke (sorry, not sure of spelling). I know I picked one up at an antique fair and the lady fell away from the man. If you use your imagination you will realise how they were joined! blink.gif I tried to put them back together but eventually gave up and, very red faced, handed the two lovers back to the seller. I couldn't look at anything else on his stall that day for embarrasement. EL's Imperial Princess is so demure, isn't she?

#21 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

OOOOOOOOOOH JACKY, I WAS WAITING FOR THAT ONE.

I HAD IN MIND BRIGHT BLUE CRYSTAL EYES OF COURSE. tongue.gif tongue.gif wink.gif wink.gif

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Well Ar had some good ideas! And we all agreed it would make a good Solid....

What more can I say! wink.gif

#23 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:46 PM

laugh.gif is all I can say.

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif I second that, Greyhound. Too bloody funny for words, Jacky and Nancy!! laugh.gif

(And I know if Michele were around she'd want to 'third it' if that were possible) laugh.gif laugh.gif

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:29 AM

So would Denise! Her computer went down (noooooooo, not down under Sandra) but it's about time she showed up too!

I should be receiving the L.Vegas sign today and hope I won't be disappointed! Meanwhile, I do wish E.L would bring out the jewel encrusted Dice! It would be so easy to produce (?) and it could look really fabulous with lots of Vegas Lady's BLING BLING

How about some jewel encrusted ladies jewellery? unsure.gif

#26 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:25 AM

Hi Nancy, your escapade with the lovers sounds really great but I don't think the ones I saw came apart (and of courseI didn't get THAT close)!!!! wink.gif

The ones I saw were a set of collectables with each of the Kama Sutra (sorry dodgy spelling) positions ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

A friend of mine actually bought some as presents for her family and couldn't understand why I looked slightly bemused.

I asked if her Mum would truly appreciate a couple of double-jointed contortionists up to no good on her mantelpiece.

It was great fun to see her face when she looked closely at her "presents". laugh.gif laugh.gif

Talking of Bling, how about three 7s, red, white and blue for a Vegas solid? smile.gif

Caroline

#27 TERRY

TERRY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:08 AM

This mornings business report says STAR DESIGNER SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH LAUDER. yesterday the Lauder family split on plans for Ford hiring.I think some of them thought the Ford name would eclipse the Estee Lauder name. Ford wanted to
have top billing and I don`t blame him. He is a star designer after all.
The beauty line will roll in two phases; the first we hope will be something for we collecters. It will be for the 2005 Holiday. It will be ( TOM FORD for Estee Lauder) line. He plans to update the iconic compacts and lipsticks from the 1960`s and 1970`s. I hope this will include a few solids as well.

Terry

#28 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:44 AM

Thanks, Terry, this is exciting news and quite a bold step for Estee Lauder "partnering up" with Tom Ford. It will be interesting to see if he will be designing any of the solids. I hope so. smile.gif

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the report Terry, sounds interesting.

What I really would hate to see is any re-issues of solids.

#30 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:27 AM

http://www.washingto...-2005Apr12.html

The web page above is for the Washington Post news article about the EL/Tom Ford partnership. It said in part "First, Ford will create a limited collection of "Tom Ford for Estee Lauder" fragrances and beauty products, which will be in stores in time for the holidays. By fall 2006, Estee Lauder will introduce a stand-alone Tom Ford beauty brand, and the other products will be gradually phased out."

"Ford, who sold sex just as surely as he sold evening gowns...shaved a model's pubic hair ohmy.gif into the shape of a G {for Gucci}. One can only imagine how his presence at EL might lead to the reimagining of an advertisement for Youth Dew."

Also, EL is launching Donald Trump: The Fragrance. Can Donald Trump: The Solid be far behind???!!! biggrin.gif

Ar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users