• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

Some years ago, on April Fools Day, the BBC did a human interest story on the harvesting of spaghetti where they hung spaghetti on trees. They actually showed Italian women plucking the spaghetti from the trees and placing it in large baskets. The article received a lot of responses from viewers who fell for the joke who wanted to know the best way to start a spaghetti tree. The BBC's response? Take a sprig of spaghetti and plant it in a can of tomato sauce.

Does anyone have any other funny stories?

#2 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:28 PM

I had an April Fool played on me when I was sweet sixteen and had just moved from a tiny village in the North of England to London.

I worked at Oxford Circus, one of the busiest areas of London and with every type of shop going.

One of my "workmates" asked if I could do her a favour. She had ordered an LP from the local music store but had to work through lunch and would I be kind enough to get it for her.

No problem. smile.gif

The music store was called "Harmony Time", but when I walked through the door I didn't see any records. wink.gif rolleyes.gif

"Harmony Time" was a sex shop, and I was confronted with things I never even knew existed. unsure.gif blink.gif I also got some very strange looks from the regulars - all wearing their long raincoats!!!! ph34r.gif

Caroline

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

Now that was a good one!

The only thing I could think of was last year my good friend told me she was pregnant and I totally fell for it.

#4 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

Lisa and everyone, "Good Evening!" I justed wanted to say I am glad Lisa posted the "Viva Las Vegas" solid photo it really looks nice. I just have one question, how many crystal are on yours? I counted mine and it has 37 white crystals around the edge. mad.gif

"APRIL FOOLS"
tongue.gif

#5 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

My sister got married yesterday - on April Fools Day.
I think it's so appropriate!
Not an April Fool's joke...
Ar

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

I know an appropriate someone who was born on April Fools Day. It must have been one of God's little jokes!! dry.gif

It was a colleague of mine from a while ago and I've tried to forget her because she drove me insane!! But every April Fools Day I remember her . . . sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users