32 replies to this topic

#16 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hi Greyhound!

A MIB Dragon for $100! Oh my! I would have definately needed CPR after that one. I searched for a dragon for years, I finally broke down and paid a small fortune for one. Now that I have him I feel all warm and fuzzy with a slight tinge of guilt for the insane price I paid! But he is beautiful! How long had the auction been on about 5 seconds? HAHA You should go to the convention in Vegas with luck like that! This was a good one! Donna

#17 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:16 PM

I guess my BEST bargain for solids would be the venetian scroll necklace I found at a church bazaar for $2.00 also not a solid but at the same place I bought a brand new Gap long denim jacket for $5.00 - I love flea markets, bazaars, tag sales, etc. I'm an addict! Lucky for me, my husband enjoys a good hunt!

#18 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:22 PM

From my experiences S. Florida is a good place to be searching for bargains in solids. laugh.gif In the past couple of years we have found some good ones; a Red Christmas Camellia in an antique mall, in great condition for $8., ohmy.gif the Green Camellia for $20. at local antique show. biggrin.gif a bouquet (topiary) also $20., biggrin.gif same show different date. Got a Golden Times w/original chain at a flea market for $5. While canvassing a flea market a few weeks ago I saw my husband buying something. When I walked up saw him giving the vendor $40. and then I saw the cowboy boot. Oh my! a boot for $40.? Then I saw the vendor give him back $10. and I almost fainted. huh.gif It is perfect, everything except the box. Now I have a pair of Cowboy Boots. I have wanted a pair ever since I saw that scene by Ann & Ken. Last week the find at the same flea market was the Full Moon. The gold frame and the gold chain are perfect, with label and all perfume - $10. smile.gif Found a Sports Fragrance w/hangtag and perfume for$2. at another flea market.

Sounds like we find a lot of bargains but we go to a lot of these events. I plan these outings to get my guy out and moving instead of sitting in front of TV on weekends. He enjoys it too when we find a goody. Guess I am saying that it takes a lot of looking to find one good deal.

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

Phyllis,

I knew you were going to bring up the Camellia! ohmy.gif (We both go to the same antique mall) I never found anything good there though.

My best find and most exciting was the person who contacted me asking if I wanted to buy the ginger jewel, silver flower and secret treasure necklaces all MIB for $150 each. I know it's not that great a buy but it was just getting them all at the same time.

I also came across a ginger jewel necklace on ebay BIN for $125 now I have two, one with soft Youth Dew and one with Cinnabar, both the same reddish color.

I especially have a love for the vintage necklaces- I am crazy about the secret treasure.

I also got the black slipper for $10!!

ohmy.gif

Tomorrow morning I am off to a community tag sale.

#20 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:15 AM

PHYLLIS AND LISA:

WOW!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOPPING WITH YOU TWO WHEN I WAS IN FLORIDA!! rolleyes.gif

HOLY COW.....WHAT DEALS YOU TWO HAVE FOUND.....AND TO THINK THAT I BOUGHT ALL OF MINE NEW AND AT RETAIL!!! (EXCEPT OF COURSE FOR THE FEW I HAVE THAT ARE OLDER) dry.gif

HAPPY HUNTING DOWN THERE!!

PAMELA biggrin.gif

#21 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:10 AM

Lisa

What's the address of the sale? Maybe I can get there before You.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

Phyllis,

I missed it- it ended at 11:00 too early for me on a Saturday morning. It was being held at Patch Reef park here in Boca.

#23 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

Sure Lisa ---

Now you tell me. dry.gif

Can't imagine anything being over at 11AM. That's the time normal people start getting around on Saturday.

If I hear of anything that sounds interesting I will notify you.

Phyllis

#24 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

I have always heard the "Early Bird Gets the Worm" but that is a little bit
ridiculous.
Anyway, I was on eBay this morning, what's new, right and there is a powder compact Volupte goldtone just like mine in the members photo gallery.
It is the one with the rhinestone bar across the bottom and says in new good
condition it then has the velvet carry bag.
Just thought I would pass this information along, Oh by the way it is up in 2 hours.
rolleyes.gif
P.S. The number is 6521798952

#25 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:36 AM

Hi everyone, just had to ressurect this topic because I finally found a bargain.

We were in a local junk shop and Paul saw what looked like an old roll top bath - indeed it was. Not only a roll top, but in COPPER.

We asked if they could dig it out for us to have a proper look and everything about it was right.

We haggled of course and finally got the price to 170 euros.

Then they told us of the Chateau it came out of!!!!!

Yesterday we visited the Chateau (photos on the site), it is for sale too - around 600,000 euros.

Then we searched the web for similar baths and couldn't believe the prices - approx 10,000 dollars - now how about that for a bargain.

#26 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:59 AM

My very best buy was at an estate sale in river oaks. This was several years ago, but sitting in th e jewelry box without the black cord was this

http://www.pixclix.c...vorycarver1.jpg

I paid 50 cents for it, and no it is not for sale. Only the 2nd solid I have ever found at an estate sale.

Kasi

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

That is a great find Kasi! My recent find was the Blue Button mixed in
with alot of old bits and pieces. Saturday there is a Jumble Sale
over the road but I doubt I will find anything! Still, you never know!

Happy Hunting.......

ph34r.gif

#28 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

Jacky........ you will have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the dealers, you know what they are like..... ohmy.gif

When I go out to sell on car boot I hold all the good stuff back untill the dealers have gone. I like to see the ordinary public stand a chance and get a bargin..... laugh.gif

Margaret

#29 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Jan 26 2006, 02:11 PM)

Jacky........ you will have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat the dealers, you know what they are like..... ohmy.gif

When I go out to sell on car boot I hold all the good stuff back untill the dealers have gone. I like to see the ordinary public stand a chance and get a bargin..... laugh.gif

Margaret

View Post

Now Margaret! You are my kind of woman!
Wish I could come shopping on Saturday with you all! tongue.gif

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(SINNETT @ Jan 26 2006, 08:36 AM)

Hi everyone, just had to ressurect this topic because I finally found a bargain.

We were in a local junk shop and Paul saw what looked like an old roll top bath - indeed it was. Not only a roll top, but in COPPER.

We asked if they could dig it out for us to have a proper look and everything about it was right.

We haggled of course and finally got the price to 170 euros.

Then they told us of the Chateau it came out of!!!!!

Yesterday we visited the Chateau (photos on the site), it is for sale too - around 600,000 euros.

Then we searched the web for similar baths and couldn't believe the prices - approx 10,000 dollars - now how about that for a bargain.

View Post

COPPER !!??!! Now that alone would be worth it's wait in gold!! You lucky, lucky girl - It's good to buy off people who don't know what they're dealing with, isn't it?

There are some good bargains to be had at charity stores sometimes. You have to look hard . . . . and have time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users