Is this an Estee? We've never seen one. huh.gif

Golden dragon

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:32 PM

Yes, I think it is the EL Dragon, just unfinished ... but it seems odd that it would be full of perfume. Does EL usually put the solid perfume in the piece before it's finished? I thought it would have been the other way around. unsure.gif

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:00 PM

Yes, it is usually the other way around, from what I have heard the solids are finished and then shipped to Canada to be filled.

I once purchased a solid from a seller that said the solid had perfume in it turns out the seller melted down a perfume stick and filled my solid. One never knows these days and we must always err on the side of caution.

Sometimes a solid can be "fixed" by adding stones but one cannot add stones and enamel??? blink.gif

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

Dragon looks pretty. Not sure what to think though.

Lisa, I had the same thing happen. I bought a solid "filled with perfume" and it definitely wasn't original -- too white and shinny/sparkly and the texture was off.

#5 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:45 AM

This is the first "repair lot" "unfinished" solid I have seen that looks really cute as it is. Seems unnecessary to fill it with perfume, I think this ought to sell on its own. I've always been very negative about the dustbin solids but in this case I have to admit I am tempted, I kind of like this dragon wink.gif

Karin

#6 WJGDesigns

WJGDesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:47 AM

It is a plated and assembled version of the Dragon Compact(test sample). I am unsure of why it would have perfume in it. Not familiar with the protocol in this situation. With this in mind I have two possible guesses. First, it was a test sample sent to estee lauder for purposes of testing of the fill on it(ie volume, production setup, etc.) or as someone mentioned that it may have be a reject filled by someone with sticky fingers. Or it is an over run piece which found its way to the web in the same manner as the reject.

Further I would use caution with regards the finish surface in this case. More likely than not it was polished properly. If it was for fill testing only it may have only been quickly finished. However, alternatively it may be a production reject that someone got a hold of and filled themself to hock on ebay. In which case there may be minor to greater flaws in it.

Regardles of its origin it is an unfinished estee dragon to answer the question.

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

Wow! Great information, thanks!!

Way too many of these unfinished pieces are making their way to eBay.

There is one seller inparticular who always seems to be selling them from her "private collection"

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

Yes, there is one seller who has all of these. Am wondering where she is getting them from but she appears to have hoards of them stacked up ready to fly once each batch has been sold!

Would love to know where she is receiving them from. No doubt you will be able to shed light on this by her address i.e. which State she is living in! My personal thought is that she works for E.L.

Over to the detectives!

cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users