• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 06:45 AM

When I first started collecting solids I knew nothing about them. I also collect Moorcroft pottery and Leonard Lauder was the founder member of the Moorcroft Collectos Club. This is run by the company and you pay an annual fee for which you get magazines throughout the year, information, news about sales and, my favourite, a special pot exclusive to the members for sale only that year. I wrote to Mr Lauder, marking it private and confidential in the hope he would read it personally and it wouldn't just be left to one of his minions to deal with. I suggested the company do something similar to the Moorcroft club as I felt sure it would boost sales. This was at the start of 2001 and I have yet to receive even an acknowledgement from him. [Mad] (Lorraine, I see from a previous post you to have had a similar experience writing to Estee Lauder!)
Now I have found Lisa's site I just wonder why Lauders don't do something similar.
Trouble is, if it was official would it then be impersonal. Trouble is, should we keep Lisa to ourselves or do you think she should be in charge of a corporate site? If it was corporate, would our moans be printed? Maybe I'm answering my own question here, maybe it's better or at least more open, not to be run by the corporation.
What are your thoughts? I would have thought Lauders would have seen this idea as a money-spinner. Am I being dim here? [Confused] [Puzzled] [Confused] [Puzzled]
Nancy

#2 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 07:25 AM

Hi Nancy,

several years ago I wrote to the Lauder company too.....no answer at all. Then I got to know a sales manager of Lauder and she told the headoffice to answer my fax and I got a tiny notice from them, but no answer to my questions.
Lauder isn't at all interested in us collectors, at least not about giving any help to us. I had a similar frustrating experience with Lauder UK.
Why are you interested in dealing with them??? According to my opinion we got this wonderful place from Lisa & Jack to share our ideas and thoughts, isn't this much more satisfying our desires??? At least for myself it is more than that, they have my deep appreciation for their work and believe me I know what I'm takling about. I have had this idea since a very long time but wasn't able to realize it myself as I'm not good in "programming a computer".....now fortunately it has been realized by Lisa & Jack and they allow us all to profit on it.....

THANKS A MILLION.

Brigitte

#3 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 10:16 AM

I agree, this site is all I need. If Estee Lauder gets involved then we will not be able to be so open and honest, lets keep them out. [Roll Eyes] Lisa and Jack had the Idea and Estee Lauder could of done the same, look they don't even get back to their customers, as they should....I'm not complaining because I love the solids and if I have any questions or complaints about them, and I'm not getting an answer or any help then it is my option not to but them, so I decide which ones I love and buy from my heart, you know if you don't like the solid then the best way to prove a point is to not buy and let the solid sit..... Has the complaints ever been answered by Estee Lauder in the past, has anyone ever received a feed back before I'm wondering? Boy if they have never replyed that does not sound like good business but what can I say... I have not had such a problem and hope not to. But since I buy from estee department stores I seem to have my option of returning the solid, so what do I have to loose..... enough talking now I can't stop....Lisa and Jack this site, I can't tell you enough but thanks a bunch.....lots of hard work and don't forget all the time you guys put into it....I've met such nice friends here, because face it how many friends do you have out there beside this site that collect solids, for me none....so i'm just happy to have others enjoy the same passion I have. And you others [Eek!] come on voice your opion I too would just visit and read but time to join in and talk, Lisa and Jack started this for all of us, the least we can do is is join in... [Razz] [Eek!] [Smile] [Wink] Thsnks for listening, Debbie

#4 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 10:34 AM

It would appear that we all think Lisa and Jack are fantastic. I hope no one thinks I was in any way critical. It's just that I was surprised Lauders didn't think of it. (Anyway it would cost us!) [Cry] At least Lisa and Jack listen to us and that cannot be said for the company can it? It would have been nice to get an exclusive exclusive though, just for us.
It seems strange that (most of) the associates are very nice and helpful yet the company seem as though they don't care. They cannot even give out information to staff never mind the customers.
I have said before that I have learned so much about solids from this site and am really very grateful for it. I just wondered why EL hadn't done it or thought about it.
Everyone on this site is so friendly and keen to share information because we all share the same love - our collection.
I wasn't taking anything away from Lisa or Jack just wondering what everyone else thought.
I can tell there are a lot of passionate collectors out there.
Lisa and Jack I salute your hard work and hope this continues for a long long time.

Nancy

#5 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 10:39 AM

Sorry Debbie, I also meant to say that I agree that others should post replies. Say what you think, share your ideas.
Surely there are more than 3 members in the UK? Where are you? Speak up! It's lonely for Maggie, Jacky and myself. Maybe if we were more vocal Lauders would take more notice.......Nah!
[New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
Nancy

[ January 20, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#6 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:30 AM

Hi to all collectors !
I'm wondering that you all have problems and no one gets replys from Estee Lauder.
I'm living in germany and in Munich ist Estee Lauder Germany. There are very kind and friendly people working there. I had some questions and they had answered very quickly. In 2000 I asked for the little red book with the solid perfume collection - I got it 3 days later !!!!!!! [Eek!] I was very surprised because all people told me I can't get it anymore.
I asked about the christmas catalogs 1999 I got it
2 days later !!!!!. In 2001 and 2002 I asked about the christmas catalogs and they send it to me in a few days . Phantastic service I think . [Big Grin]

Greetings !

Michaela

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:16 AM

We have contacted Estee Lauder several times and some of the designers as well but have never heard back. Two of the designers we contacted did take the time to reply and that was refreshing.
Maybe it's not that Estee Lauder won't answer us, maybe it is that they can't answer us for legal reasons or whatever, I guess we will never know.
All the same, it is better this way, don't get me wrong I would love to have some input and information from them but then we may not be able to express our opinions so openly.
All the infromation we need is right here for us and I thank all of my members for that.
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words [Big Grin]

[ January 19, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:38 AM

Hi Lisa,

Were are finished with your photo shoot. [Big Grin]

Be on the look out - the file should be on its way shortly. [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#9 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 02:05 PM

My guess is that someone with Lauder reads this site. They may or may not pay attention to what we say. If they have good business sense they should take notice of the pros and cons we mention.
I don't think we will see the glut of excess exclusives like we did last year.
I try to educate the reps about the solids. One exclusive solid equates to a lot of make-up when you are selling on commission

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 02:07 PM

Ann & Ken,

Great!!!!
You are both wonderful
[Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 02:15 PM

I feel that eventually what we say will make a difference. It may take some time but I have confidence!
Ron you are correct with what you are saying.

#12 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone, surely it is not good business sense to ignore your customers. You would think if you wrote to the head of the company he would at least have the courtesy to acknowledge your letter. I know if anyone writes to me in my capacity at work I am supposed to answer within two weeks. (Even if it is just a post card to say we are dealing with the situation.) Maybe they know/think we are a captive audience and will just accept it.
I am in mixed minds about the exclusivity as I find it hard to get some over here. It seems the best are sometimes kept in America.

Nancy

[ January 21, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#13 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 04:32 PM

Nancy:
I hear and see your point, but we are dealing with a major big company, somethimes I think about that saying a squeeky wheel gets fixed first or heard but not alwalys, I understand what you mean, but remember your friends over here will always help in getting the new ones if you need. [Big Grin] [Smile] .
The good thing about this site is that we are free to complain, gripe, complement, inform and, what ever we need to do. [Eek!] [Sleep] . On another subject, I received the fruit plate which I thought was super, but the box was pretty and cheerful more like spring, pink and white stripes. I can't wait for the palm tree [Razz] [Roll Eyes] Debbie [Roll Eyes]

#14 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 04:55 PM

What more do we need? Not an official site that's for sure.
I'm with everyone else here, we have got the best information from people who know what they are talking about from experience driven by a love of these wonderful little treasures and collectively - LOTS OF IT! [Big Grin]
If it was an official site or even had an official rep joining in I'm sure they would be bound to tell us what the company wants us to hear and from the company's angle for legal and promotional reasons - don't reckon it would be anything worth hearing myself. [Roll Eyes]

The people on this site are so nice and can be honest about things without it being censored and when we speak we get heard and just look at all the wonderful features we have to enjoy - we are truly spoilt and I for one (and I know I'm not alone [Suspicious] ) am loving it!

I have met such great people through this site it is always a pleasure to call in and see what is happening. [Razz] [Big Grin]

Keep up the good work Lisa and Jack this site is second to none! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

#15 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

Fee,
Well said, I can't say any more......good to have friend here and I do not need anything but our friendship, the love of solids, and this site. Ha Ha
Debbie [Razz] [Smile] [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users