• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:55 PM

Just thought it's about time
That I drop you all a little rhyme:

'HAPPY EASTER' from this Aussie mate -
It's nearly time to stop work and put on weight,
So grab yourself a couple of eggs before it's too late
Or hope that the Easter Bunny leaves some by your gate!

And don't forget to respect this occassion
It's not just time to have a vacation
And give into chocolate temptation

For those of us who believe,
Who know they got a life reprieve
Enjoy this time of holy reflection
And may it spur you into charitable action.

And for those you do or don't stuff themselves silly,
Have a great Easter from me and little Dyllie!!

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

HI SANDRA....... smile.gif smile.gif

AND A HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TO
SPRING IS HERE AND LOTS TO DO

THE DAFFODILS ARE BLOOMING YELLOW AND BRIGHT
I WISH THE SLUGS WOULD LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THE NIGHT

A HAPPY EASTER TO ALL......MARGARET........ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#3 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:05 PM

Dear Sandra and Vegas Lady,
Happy Easter to both of you, too!
I don't have a fancy rhyme or hymn to sing so I'll just say: dry.gif
"Hope you all enjoy this wonderful day!"
H biggrin.gif ppy Easter to all solid perfume collectors everywhere!

#4 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:06 AM

user posted image

#5 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:47 AM

H biggrin.gif ppy Easter To Martha and Charlotte!
What a beautiful arrangement of flowers.
You
two always have some of the nicest photos. smile.gif

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:36 PM

MARTHA AND CHARLOTTE......

A VERY HAPPY EASTER TO YOU BOTH, YOUR FLOWERS ARE OUTSTANDING

MARGARET....... smile.gif smile.gif

#7 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

Happy Easter to all. Sandra and Margaret, thank you for your wonderful poems and beautiful sentiments. Here's a photo called Easter Bonnets, which reminds me of the colors of Easter.

user posted image

#8 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:45 AM

Martha- you did it again! That's exactly what I need, all these beautiful colours after a long and cold winter. rolleyes.gif

Sandra - your little Easter rhyme has touched me very much as I've learned that it can be very delicate - especially in international chats - to express one's feelings re religious feasts. wink.gif

Happy Easter to all the members of this unique site smile.gif

Madeleine

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hi Madeleine - yes - always difficult to express religion, it troubled me for a while and I hope I didn't offend anyone. However, Easter began as a religious occassion for some and was adopted by a lot of the Western World as a holiday to be observed, so what can you do but acknowledge it as such?

It's not always about the funny Easter bunny, but always nice to receive at least one (giant) egg . . . . OK, maybe more than one . . . . laugh.gif

HAPPY EASTER !!

#10 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone, and a happy and peaceful Easter to everyone.

I thought I would share how we spent Easter last year here in our quiet little hamlet - and yes, it's all true!!!! ohmy.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

THE WEEKEND GOT OFF TO A FLYING START, I HAD TO TAKE THE CAR INTO LIMOGES FOR IT'S FIRST SERVICE. TWO HOURS LATER AND A THOROUGH CHECK OUT IT WAS DONE. I ASKED HOW MUCH AND THEY LOOKED AT ME AS IF I WAS STUPID, THERE WAS NO CHARGE, IT'S PART OF THE WARRANTY. AS YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT WAS A VERY WELCOME SURPRISE. smile.gif

I HAD A BIT OF SHOPPING TO DO SO AS I WAS IN TOWN I WENT TO ONE OF THE HUGE SUPERMARKETS. TALK ABOUT LUCKY DAY, THEY WERE GETTING RID OF ALL THEIR FLOWERS AND SHRUBS FOR HALF PRICE. WE NOW HAVE ABOUT A DOZEN AZALEA BUSHES WHICH COST 1.5 EUROS EACH AND LOTS OF OTHER PLANTS - EXCELLENT.

THAT EVENING WE WERE INVITED ROUND TO MARCS (OUR NEIGHBOUR) HOUSE FOR DINNER WHICH WE WERE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO. THE FATHER OF MARIE-CHRISTINE (HIS WIFE) HAD BEEN A TOP CHEF IN PARIS SO WE WERE HOPING HE HAD TAUGHT HER WELL. HE HAD. WE HAD A FABULOUS MEAL, A COUPLE OF BOTTLES OF WINE AND HAD A LOVELY EVINING. tongue.gif

SATURDAY WAS REASONABLY QUIET SO WE JUST CHILLED OUT.

SUNDAY STARTED WITH A SPARKLE AS WE WENT TO SEE EDMOND, JACQUELINE AND THEIR FAMILY( our only other neighbours in the hamlet) . WE HAD A COUPLE OF EASTER EGGS FOR THEIR GRANDSONS WHICH WERE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED WITH LOTS OF KISSES. EDMOND COULDN'T GET OUT OF THE DOOR FAST ENOUGH AND PROMPTLY RETURNED WITH A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE.

OF COURSE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBOURS OFFER YOU THEIR HOSPITALITY IT WOULD BE VERY RUDE TO REFUSE!!!! wink.gif rolleyes.gif

FEELING SLIGHTLY SQUIFFY I WAS HAPPY THAT PAUL WAS GOING OUT FOR THE AFTERNOON. THERE IS A MOTO CROSS CIRCUIT ABOUT EIGHT MILES FROM HERE SO HE WENT WITH THE OTHER MEN AND BOYS FOR A BONDING AFTERNOON.

MONDAY STARTED WITH A BIT OF A TOUR ROUND IN THE CAR, GOING UP ROADS WE HADN'T BEEN ON BEFORE AND THE WEATHER WAS GREAT. WE TREATED OURSELVES TO STICKY CAKES tongue.gif AND ATE THEM OVERLOOKING A LAKE IN PEACE AND QUIET.

THE EVENING SUN WAS BEAUTIFUL AS WE STARTED THE BARBECUE AND THEN IT HAPPENED.

MARIE CHRISTINE CAME RUNNING ROUND TRYING TO ASK PAUL IF HE HAD SOME STRONG ROPE? WITH VISIONS OF MARC TRAPPED UNDER A TRACTOR OR SOMETHING WE FOLLOWED AS FAST AS WE COULD. unsure.gif SHE DIDN'T GO HOME THOUGH, SHE WENT INTO DOMINICS (THE MAD VEGETARIAN) AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAD HAPPENED.

CARBONELLE THE DONKEY HAD SOMEHOW FOUND HER WAY INTO ONE OF HIS OLD OUTBUILDINGS, THE FLOOR HAD COLLAPSED AND SHE WAS HAPPILY WANDERING AROUND THE CELLAR. LUCKILY SHE WASN'T HURT, BUT WE NOW HAD THE PROBLEM OF HOW TO GET A LARGE ANIMAL OUT OF A DEEP HOLE. huh.gif blink.gif

MARC DECIDED TO GET INTO THE CELLAR WITH HER TO CHECK SHE WAS FINE. SHE WAS SO PLEASED TO SEE HIM, SHE CAME STRAIGHT TO HIM BUT GOT TOO CLOSE AND PROMPTLY STOOD ON HIS FOOT. ph34r.gif A LARGE DONKEY IS QUITE HEAVY AND FROM THE YELP HE LET OUT, NOT TERRIBLY COMFORTABLE STANDING ON ONES FEET. WE DID DISCOVER HOW AGILE MARC WAS, HE EXITED THE CELLAR PRETTY FAST!!!!!

MARC HAD A BLOCK AND TACKLE BUT IT WAS ONLY FOR HALF A TON, LUCKILY PAUL HAS ONE FOR A TON SO HE CAME BACK FOR THAT AND SOME LIFTING STRAPS. THE ONLY PLACE THERE WAS TO SECURE THE BLOCK WAS FROM THE ROOF BEAMS, ABOUT THIRTY FEET ABOVE - SO THE LADDER CAME OUT AND MARC GOT HIMSELF UP AND WITH PAUL FOLLOWING. THEY SECURED THE BLOCK AND THANKFULLY RETURNED TO EARTH SAFELY.

LIFTING A LARGE ANIMAL IS VERY DANGEROUS SO A MAKESHIFT SLING WAS CONCOCTED AND CARBONELLE WAS HOOKED ON. BEFORE SHE KNEW IT SHE WAS FLYING UPWARDS, FEET DANGLING IN MID-AIR. ohmy.gif
AS THERE WAS NO FLOOR LEFT WE HAD TO SPAN PART OF THE CELLAR WITH SOME PLANKS WHILE SHE WAS LEFT IN THE AIR AND THEN SHE WAS GENTLY RETURNED DOWN TO EARTH.

ONCE SHE HAD GOT ALL FOUR FEET SAFELY ON THE PLANKS WE TOOK THE SLING AND ROPES OFF HER AND SHE MADE HER WAY OUT OF THE BUILDING AND BACK IN TO THE GARDEN. SHE NEVER PANICKED OR MADE A FUSS, I THINK SHE WAS ENJOYING ALL THE ATTENTION!!! laugh.gif

SO WITHIN THE HOUR CATASTROPHE WAS AVERTED, CARBONELLE WAS HAPPILY MUNCHING HER SUPPER, AND WE CAN NOW ADD DONKEY RESCUERS TO THE CV!!!!!! rolleyes.gif wink.gif

IT'S A GOOD JOB LIFE HERE IS SO QUIET WITH NOTHING HAPPENING!!!!

WELL GOT TO GO, DOMINIC HAS GIVEN US SOME CELERIAC AND I HAVE TO WORK OUT HOW TO COOK IT ON THE BARBECUE!!!!

So we don't have Easter Bunnies here, just Easter donkeys. laugh.gif tongue.gif cool.gif

Hope you enjoyed the tale and were able to see the spectacle in your own mind.

Best wishes
Caroline

#11 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:13 PM

Martha, what a wonderful idea to gather the bonnet!

#12 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

Caroline,

That's quite a Easter Donkey story. biggrin.gif

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

Caroline - that sounds like an opening thread to an Easter tale!!

What a great Easter adventure!!! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users