• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:15 PM

Great post Lisa, but you shouldn't be the one explaining yourself! No-one would be accusing you of doing anything underhand . . . . or any other person who writes regularly on here either. For the most of us, it's a HOBBY, not a business.

EL should be the one explaining.

This was a great hobby to have and to chat about until the last couple of years when the solids came up in multitudes on Ebay cheaply. That in itself was a blow to those who went religiously to the stores each year to purchase the "collector's items" at retail prices.

Now that they come up on Ebay in bits and pieces IS the last straw. Tell me how many are still buying the solids retail as opposed to how many are waiting for them of Ebay?

Who pays more than retail for any made in the last 2 years (except maybe this years Harrods ones)?

Don't worry - I'm sure after this years sales figures are released, EL will have the message!!

Keep it up guys - you watch, in the next two years if they keep underselling then we will be back to limited (and hopefully high quality) solids at reasonable prices.

Just be patient. We will win.

#32 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

I try my best NOT to pay full retail prices for anything (especially clothes). biggrin.gif I can't afford to buy all the solids (not even if they were all discounted).

I only buy a handful of solids at full price. Harrods is the best example. I choose to wait for lower prices. I buy them on ebay and once in a while at the CS. I've been stupid on a few.

Certain solids like the globe and stagecoach are well made and attractive. But, nobody pays anywhere near retail for a MIB one on ebay. I feel like I'm the only collector who paid retail when they came out (globe was a present from my husband + I got reimbursed for the stagecoach). Wished I waited on those. I rarely buy solids at that price range, and I feel worse for having done so.

The point is, I wish EL would charge less and produce less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users