9 replies to this topic

#1 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:45 PM

Hi Everyone,
I know I'm on the "late freight" on this one but I just received a late...Christmas gift...okay..a late...New Year gift...okay a January gift of the NM Flamenco Dancer. A friend of mine heard that I liked this solid and surprised me with it. My question...did everyone like this one? Also do I now have to get the matador to complete this set? Now that I think about it what about a steer from 2 years ago...this is beginning to sound like a display idea for Ken and Ann [Wink]
P.s. Don't you think that the faces on some of the Estee Lauder solids could use some help/assistance. I really like the body of the Flamenco Dancer the red crystals and the dress are beautiful...but what's with the face. I have seen this problem with the 2002 Nordstrom fairy and the NM cowgirl looks a little funny. Any thoughts????comments???

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:51 PM

Keep in mind when thinking about the steer that it is a texas longhorn not a spanish bull. [Big Grin]

We have two different displays with the Matador and Flamenco dancer and one with just the Matador.

Ann & Ken

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:15 PM

The Flamenco dancer and Matador are the start of a new series, so I hear.
I didn't get either this year. I have the same problems, the faces- and I couldn't get over thinking the cape on the matador looks like a steak- A1 anyone????

Someone in a past post thought the fairy and poodle had the same face. I thought that was funny!! [Big Grin]
Can someone please send me both faces and we will do a side by side comparison. [Razz]

[ January 17, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:28 PM

Well while we are talking about faces No rude comments about mine please.
The cockney rhyming slang is "Boat Race" by the way!!! Here in London.
I think the face of the Cowboy is a bit weird!
Anybody agree?
Maggie
[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Smile]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:29 PM

Will try to . We are starting a photo shoot tonight. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Ann

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:33 PM

The cowboy has a mustache that is hard to see and makes him look funny. If it was painted it would look better, maybe. [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:35 PM

Did the cowgirl shave hers off? LOL [Eek!]

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:47 PM

Now, Now Lisa, We must be nice to the poor thing [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]
We haven't received ours yet, She took a detour in Fla. When we get her we will look for shaving rash. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann

#9 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:07 PM

[Big Grin] You all have really given me some good laughs with your comments. Lisa, I didn't order the Matador either; and when you compared the cape to a steak, I realized why. It does look like he's twirling a rib-eye steak instead of a cape.

I do like the cowgirl, but she's no beauty. She's spent one day too many out on the range with those cows. I do like the Western theme, and now want to get the cactus and longhorn.

#10 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 01:25 PM

I'm not too hot for the western theme either, but my addiction will not let up and I will end up buying them both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users