• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone recieved their wedding cake yet???

Ours came today and we would like to know what everyone thinks about it.

And have you compared it to the birthday cake.
The wedding cake is smaller.

Ann & ken

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 06:56 PM

I received the wedding cake a couple of weeks ago, and actually didn't realize it contained the crystals (until it was mentioned on this site) because it's so small you can't see them unless you look closely. I don't have the party cake, so can't compare. It's a pretty little piece, but, in my opinion, nothing special.

#3 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 04:36 PM

One of the problems I found with buying solids, especially since I am overses, is that I can only judge by the flyers. There is never anything on these to let you compare size. For instance, I think the Ferris Wheel is bigger than I thought and the Lucky Hand is smaller than I imagined. If I waited to buy after I'd seen them I wouldn't have as many as the stores would be sold out by the time I got there.
Does anyone else think there should be something in the pictures, a coin for instance to give us an idea of size?
Also, are you saying the Wedding Cake is dissapointing?

Nancy

Nancy

#4 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 07:29 PM

Actually, Neiman's pictured the wedding cake accurately on their website. I received the cowgirl the same time as the wedding cake and was "wowed" with the cowgirl - she's really cool. So, when I opened the box that held the wedding cake, it looked a little plain compared to the cowgirl. But I always choose the groom's chocolate cake at a wedding over the bride's white cake, so maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.

#5 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:26 PM

Funny Lisa you said that the West Coast gets the new solids first? I called the Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, California and the sales associate didn't even know about the solid? Please note that she informed me that she has worked for Estee Lauder for three years. I asked to be placed on the waiting list for this solid. But I haven't heard from her...so I will call again today. Didn't want to order from the NM website because I want to see the solid that I buy. Anyway, just wondering...aren't the sales associates informed about the new solids?

Colette

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:47 PM

The stores(Neiman Marcus) doing a in store promotion gets the solids first. Some are sent to other stores not having a promotion but in a small amount. That is why some stores have only a few at this time or have not received any at all. When all the Jan./ Feb promotions are over then all the stores will have them( whats left).

The "spring" solids were orinally meant for mothers day so marketing set the shipping dates as such.

Saks does the same based on who is doing an after Christmas inventory or Sale.

If one store says they are sold out, do not dispare, some other store will have it. Plus EL is famous for making more of a best seller.

Ann & Ken

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:19 PM

I just opened my wedding cake today along with my GWP.
I do like it, I only wish the butterflies were a darker color for some contrast. [Smile]

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:29 PM

Just took a closer look at my wedding cake and there seems to be enamel covering the stones in two of the flowers. It is located on the second tier when the solids hindge is on the left hand side. It is also right in front of the butterfly (the two flowers above the leaf). [Puzzled]

[ January 19, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#9 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 05:21 PM

Hi Lisa,

Get a magnifing glass and rotate the solid around to veiw and I think you will see the stones.
The flowers are turned different directions and the stones don't show from just one angle.
All the flowers on ours have stones (if you can find them). [Confused]

Ann

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 05:29 PM

Just took another close look and I think two flowers with stones are "iced" over.
Are the flowers lilly of the valley?

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 05:39 PM

The one just above the leaf?? It is turned sideways and the stone is facing left. If it is there.
Ann

#12 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 05:45 PM

Better to not look at this solid under a magnifing glass. [Frown]
The quality is poor.
And why do we have to get a magnifing glass to see what is on the cake?? [Puzzled]

Ann
P.S.
WE NEED SPELL CHECK [New Laugh]

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 05:51 PM

I cannot describe it well, now I see it is just a gold square, I think a flower was meant to go there but didn't. I will try to get a better picture of what I am talking about. [Puzzled]

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:09 PM

Okay, here is a much clearer photo, thanks to Jack [Silly]
user posted image

See the gold square [Confused]

#15 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:36 PM

Lisa, you are right. The flower is partially iced-over. I took mine out and compared it to your picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users