• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

Congratulations to all our Australian members. Lleyton has the heart of a lion. Great win for the Aussie! smile.gif

Molik also got a well deserved win in doubles. Maybe that will make up for some bad calls in her singles match with Davenport. It was a great day for the Australian tennis fans!

Good luck to Lleyton against Safin. It's gonna be a tough match but we've learned not to underestimate Hewitts' great heart. cool.gif

#32 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:41 PM

Anyone catch the Serena/Davenport match??

I knew Serena would do it!!

Great job ladies. wink.gif

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:07 AM

Yeah - Davenport had her measure, but suddenly IMPLODED and looked like she tanked the match!!

Suddenly half way into the second set, she couldn't serve and double faulted everywhere 'til the end of the match. Her shots were poor and the game was won on her errors rather than winners.

A disappointing end actually. sad.gif

I know the winner of the Safin- Hewitt match will deserve it more!!

Good on ya, Molik for taking out the doubles! A Bittersweet victory. cool.gif

#34 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:28 AM

Congratulations to Serena Williams & congratulations to America for winning the Womens Open.

Looking forward to the Hewitt-Safin final. All Australia will be willing Hewitt to win & become the first Aussie champion since 1976. It's been a great fortnight of tennis I think it will be a tight match but I think Hewitt will do it. There is a fantastic atmosphere here & whoever wins it's been the best Australian Open ever.

C'MON LLEYTON

Karen biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#35 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:14 AM

Our thanks to Australia and all the Aussies for such a great tournament. Lleyton fought to the end, as expected, but Marat was just too tough today. We'll see much more of both of them.biggrin.gif The more we learn about Australia and it's friendly people, the more we'd love to see it in person. It's just so far, far away. sad.gif

#36 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:25 AM

Yes indeed, it really was a great tournament. Unfortunately I could only take an eye-full of today's match Hewitt vs Safin because in our degree of latitude the world-ski-championships are announced smile.gif

Madeleine

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:20 PM

Darn it!! It was the Russian's time!! He played great and was as gracious in victory as Lleyton was in defeat.

Next time, maybe!!

However, we got the Ladies and Mixed Doubles, so we can't complain!!

Great open this year!! the top 20 men's seeds were here, so that's why all the great tennis!! Looking forward to seeing how we go at the French Open !! cool.gif

Don and Margaret - we ain't that far away, really . . . . it's just that there's no direct flights to Texas!! tongue.gif Otherwise it'd only be a couple of hours . . . . well, it's only 8 hours to Hawaii and 13 hours to LA . . . 20 hours to New York . . . . not long at all!!

#38 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:24 PM

Sandra, maybe if they flew backwards, like Superman, they'd be there before they left biggrin.gif
Thought the speeches were as entertaining as the match. (Well, almost!)

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:46 PM

laugh.gif That's very true Nancy, and no maybe about it!! When I fly to LA, I get there before I leave!! laugh.gif It's very strange . . . and then when you return, you miss a day!! (So bad luck if you're flying at Christmas time, on your birthday or some other important occassion!) sad.gif

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:51 AM

My tennis tournament is finally over, it was a fantastic week of tennis. The winner of the singles was Xavier Malisse (wow, what a cutie in person) and the doubles team that won was Simon Aspelin and Todd Perry.
International series tennis event

Next for me is a Challenger event in March held in Sunrise, FL and then in April the FED CUP US vs. Belgium again in Delray Beach, FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users