• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:16 PM

Well, I don't really know where to start- first let me say that is site is intended for information, to meet new people and to be fun. What it is turning into is not that.

To be quite frank there are a couple of members on the site who I have received several complaints about. When I asked the question a while back on why people don't post? I got over 15 emails of members stating they are uncomfortable posting because of other named members. This is the exact reason we had to create rules in the first place.

I will not have members afraid to post because of a certain few and warnings are done with. If it needs to be done some will be banned from the site so that we may maintain peace for the rest of the members.

If for whatever reason you don't agree, don't like me or the site remember it is your choice to either come to the site and abide by the rules or leave.

Once again I my apologies to all the members this email does not effect.

#2 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:39 PM

Thank you, Lisa!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
KK wub.gif wub.gif

#3 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

Lisa,
you are perfectly right.
Thanks.
Charlotte

PS. If I don't post very often you know the reason is my poor English dictionary.

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:33 PM

Charlotte,

Your English is fantastic!

I cannot even speak or write another language, I really wish I could. I envy you and all our other international members who speak and write more than one language.

I am always here and more than happy to help!

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

Gulp!! I don't envy your task, Lisa. Yes, there are some strong personalities on the site who may jump on someone else because of an opinion. However, the site works because so many people offer their insights etc. into the solids.

Preference to whatever solid for whatever reason is personal and should be left at that, not disagreed with. It annoys me too when others question or argue somebody's opinion so publicly.

Discussing and sharing is good. So is banter and laughter when members get to know each other.

The line isn't so fine that members should get confused, so I agree that members who are hestitant to post because they feel uncomfortable due to some members, should understand that there are many more who would support them.

There are no 'sides' on this site. There are people who you will get on with straight away and people who maybe you will take a little time to get to know. Sometimes people come across differently to how they mean. After a few years reading and writing on this site, there were some members who I wasn't too sure about at first but now I enjoy reading their posts and responding to them.

It took a long time for me to post at first and now you can't stop me!! laugh.gif
So - once you post a few times, it all gets easier. Try it - I guarantee you'll like it!!

biggrin.gif

#6 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:08 PM

Lisa,
you are very kind, but when I read the post very often I need a dictionary, because I may understand the general meaning but not all the words. So I copy the words and afterwards I look the meaning on the dictionary.

I do the same when I go to a photo website as not being an expert photograph I don't know the relative specific words.

Charlotte

#7 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

Charlotte, your English is wonderful. Please keep posting and don't ask how many of us could reply in Italian. smile.gif

There would be those who would say that us Texans don't speak English either. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

Lisa, maybe if everyone would just go by the old rule to treat everyone like you would want them to treat you we could all have fun here. We feel badly that some won't post because they are afraid of what others might say and totally agree with your rules.

#8 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:07 AM

Hello to all of you,
thank you for your appreciation of my English. I love very much English language, much more than French. Of course the problem is that having used English only on work, my dictionary words are limited. I learn a lot reading (even if not posting very much) this LisaSite as well as photo sites. Photo is one of my hobbies (with digital camera I try to capture everything gives me an emotion), and you are lucky I cannot upload directly photos!
I love this site, and if I could I would like to meet all of you personally!
Thanks again to Lisa and Jack for having given us the possibility to meet here a lot of friends having the same hobbies!
Charlotte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users