12 replies to this topic

#1 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:17 PM

Hi all
I know it's early to be talking about the Festive Season already! But my contact at Harrods has had her training already and tells me that 1 of the solids for Christmas will be a London Black Cab (somebody must have seen my "design a solid") post for classic cars!
Another will be a London red phone box!
Wanted to be able to tell you guys some new news for a change!
Don't know how they will make them look exciting we shall have to wait and see.
Maggie [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

[ January 17, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#2 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:40 PM

Wow Maggie,
That is looking a long way ahead. I suppose EL do have to have everything organised a long way in advance. They sound very interesting I like the sound of them both!
Always nice to hear of the new solids on the horizon - Thanks. [Wink] [Big Grin]

#3 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:44 PM

I forgot to add that she said the Bear for next year was going to be the "best ever"
Patience is a virtue folks!
Maggie [Big Grin]

#4 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:08 PM

Hi Maggie, I hope the cab will be nicer than the van which I thought was a bit plain. Hope the phone box has red crystals and I love their bears anyway.

Nancy

#5 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 10:59 PM

Maggie:
I'm still trying to regroup from this christmas!!!!! But they sound like they will be really something for next season!! I hope I am not still broke by next christmas....hahaha!

Have a good night!

Pamela [Smile] [Smile]

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:08 AM

Hi Maggie,

You've been holding out on me! Don't think the black cab and telephone box sound very exciting! Will point some out to you on Saturday!!!!!

By the way, all the main stores have now sold out of solids except for Harrods. Was very surprised!

Best wishes to you all,

Jacky

#7 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:15 PM

Hi Everyone,
I like the designs for the new Harrods solids, but is there a better way to get them? I ordered the 2001 bear and did have any problems. But last year after reading all the posts of others about their Harrods purchases, I decided not to get any solids from Harrods---I really wanted the bear.
Anyway, except for going to Harrods which wouldn't be such a bad idea [Wink] is it safe to order from them?
Colette

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:09 PM

Colette,

I did not have a problem with them at all. I do know that many did but my teddy came over without a problem. [Wink]
If you are really concerned just use your Mastercard or Visa and do a charge back if you experience any problems.
[Razz]

#9 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:33 PM

Hi Colette
Jacqueline has the Harrods Teddy for sale.
If you want any for next year I will try and help you out.
Regards
Maggie [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ January 17, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#10 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:56 PM

Collette,

I haven't had any problems with Harrods at all. Initially I emailed them & like everyone else got no reply whatsoever. I then rang them from Australia & spoke to Magosia & bought last years bear which arrived safely charged to my Diners Club with no problems. This year I rang again & ordered the 3 Harrods specials plus 3 of the others & knowing I was to be in London for Christmas I asked her to keep them for me & I would pick them up myself. This all happened without a problem. I met her & although she had been holding them for 3-4 months for me she let me exam each one to make sure I was happy & suggested that if I had changed my mind on any of them I didn't have to take them. Everything worked beautifully & she always sends me any new brochures or info. It seems a shame to miss out on your Harrods solids & I would strongly suggest you ring, ask for Molgosia & only deal with her - there are a number of Estee Lauder counters in Harrods with lots of casual staff, she is a little more mature & permanent than most of the other young girls - anyway Good Luck.

Karen

#11 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:59 PM

Collette,

Sorry I spelt her name wrongly - it's MALGOSIA - she's Polish I think. Karen

#12 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:03 PM

Hi everyone, I contact Marilyn at Harrods and find her helpful. She even recognises my voice when I call,which amazes me. She too is 'mature'. She only works certain days though.

Nancy

#13 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:06 PM

Must be the luck of the draw from 'down under' as I also dealt with Malgosia (though I have a feeling I was not quite calling her the same thing) and she was wonderful. [Big Grin]
[Silly] She even packed tissue paper inside the gold box to stop the solid moving around en route (at my request after tips from this wonderful EL solids website I frequent! [Wink] )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users