Photo

Welcome To Las Vegas!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

Hi 2cute4u2......

The ladies at the LV store are such nice people, I love dealing with them and in seven years I have never had a problem.

Glad you got the cards, its a solid that I like a lot and set to rise in price....I hope.
I bought mine in 02 and the roulette powder in 03, wish I had the roulette solid and the slot machine.....perhaps one day, and like you I display mine together as my 'Vegas group', not far away from this group is my USA display all stars and stripes, my little bit of USA in England biggrin.gif

I agree with you that the Jester is one of the best 'human' solids produced, and yes the showgirls arms are too thick, it seems to be the way the long gloves are put on, also the face just does not seem to be there.....no detail.....a bit creepy looking a bit of lippy and eyeshadow would have gone a long way and as Lisa pointed out same with the shoes.

Regards.......Margaret....... smile.gif

#77 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

The "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign arrived today and I'm somewhat disappointed. In my opinion, it's way overpriced at $250. As previously mentioned, the back of the sign should have been finished, and I don't care for the base of the sign either, which looks unfinished also. I placed it alongside the other Las Vegas solids, and it looks like a poor relation. If I wasn't collecting all of the Vegas solids, I would send it back. sad.gif

#78 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Ok here is my two cents worth on the Las Vegas sign:

I like the Las Vegas sign, I also would have liked to see the back finished it would have made it worth the $250.00. Still love my sign it goes great with my EL LV solid collection.

There is a company called Bogar Ent. that sells a Welcome to Las Vegas sign for $39.00 the design looks very close to the EL. The materials that make up the Bogar sign do not come close to the detail in the EL sign.

As for the Showgirl up close her face is not the best - but in my case she looks great next to all of the EL LV solids - All we see is her pink, blue and green crystals, her face just does not show up - I am not thrilled with her right arm it is a little to thick. She really needs to be with her slot Machine, Wheel, Cards and Welcome sign.

#79 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

Hey Martha! I had my doubts about this one being 'up to par', and now that you've confirmed it, I ain't touching it (for any amount of money!).

Sorry you went down that track and put it down as a 'had to have' for the complete collection, but really . . . . . now I'm just sticking to the solids I REALLY must have because I LOVE them, not just for the heck of completing a collection.

I've just been burnt too many times. I have the Showgirl and the cards, but don't really like them. Would like to offload them actually . . . anyone interested??

My favourite from the Las Vegas theme is the Roulette Wheel. I find it very classy!!! The Slot Machine would also have been great if it didn't change colour.

IMHO!! biggrin.gif

#80 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

Feel I must say that I love my Las Vegas collection and it does complete it. I did not buy it just to complete my collection I bought it because it goes great with it I agree it was to much to spent on a sign with very little bling...

#81 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:44 PM

This is the first time I've ever posted on the message board. Hello everybody! I just finished ordering the Las Vegas Sign solid - and yes, to complete my collection. I'm holding off any opinion until I have it in my hands but the woman who took care of me, Fay was really nice! She said Rosalva doesn't work there anymore so if anyone is interested in calling the Las Vegas boutique, the numbers are the same but ask for Fay.

I would also like to say to Lisa, this site has been an invaluable reference for me. I haven't been collecting long but I'm an addict! I've met some fine people and it's nice to speak with people who don't think I'm nuts! Non-collectors never get it, no matter what the collection. Anyway, thanks again to you, Lisa, and everybody else too! Katita biggrin.gif

#82 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

Hello Katita and welcome to the site!

Also, thanks Don and Margaret for the photos of the Las Vegas collection ( I meant to thank you in my first post on this thread and got sidetracked.)

I got my Las Vegas sign and my first thoughts were- it was better than expected in some regards- I really liked the sparkly red lettering a big + but Martha you are so right about the base- YUCKO looks unfinished! I wish EL would have made the base the place where the perfume went (like on the contented cat) I think it would have looked better if the base was raised a bit. And again- the real sign is finished on the flip side.

$150 would have been fair for this solid, it seems like $250 is the average price of a solid these days.

#83 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:46 PM

Hi Lisa and thanks for the welcome.

I do know some members here because I've purchased solids from them. I'm
very nervous when I buy on Ebay 'cause I've been burned a little there. Not often, maybe I've been lucky, but a couple of times not so lucky. I'm happy to report the REALLY good buys I've made there came from some of the members here. Honesty is Honesty no matter where it sells. THANKS GUYS!

As for the price of the solids going up - WHAT ELSE IS NEW? I'm sure the EL people know the hardcores will BUY and I've already seen the sign for sale at an on-line antique mall for $350....ya know it'll sell. Soon, it'll be on Ebay...there's no end to it. I guess EL Corp. figures since people buy the product for mark up and re-sale they should get a BIG chunk first! It doesn't smell like perfume to me but it does smell GREEN!

Peaceful Dreams Everyone!

#84 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:21 PM

Hi Katita,
Welcome to solidperfume! biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear the LV sign is not quite right. ohmy.gif blink.gif I haven't ordered one.
KK

#85 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:29 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Welcome, Katita! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#86 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:43 AM

Just wanted to say also, "WELCOME KATITA!" biggrin.gif :

#87 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:44 PM

OK...I have taken my sign out and have looked at it (a dozen times) and pondered over it (a dozen more times) till my ponderer was sore. laugh.gif

Quite simply put...I like it. It appears to be growing on me and I can't wait for my cards and roulette wheel to arrive to put with it and the slot machine.

All 4 peices have special meaning to me because I spend a lot of time in LV so that is why I adore the pieces. Sorry, but no showgirl for me. I don't actually see her as a necessary part to the four Vegas pieces. (JMHO) I have the (gorgeous) shimmering oasis and dont display it together with the LV pieces.

I, too have decided to buy pieces that I love and have special meaning to me.

I prefer the older solids because I feel that they were made better...more details. I love the carrousel--it is simply exquiusite and unmatched in beauty. (IMHO)

I love the phone, dragon, slot machine, Harrods 2004 bear, and the roulette wheel. I also like the pianos and jack-in-the-box. I have always loved the bling...the snowman, sparkling bear and shimmering oasis and cowboy hat. My favorite enamel one is the bustier. I also like the star spangled hat...it's so America!

It's the uniqueness and novelty of these pieces that I love. Hopefully, future EL solids will epitomize these qualities. If not..then I'll pass on purchasing them.
OK...I'm stepping down off my soap box...at least for now. rolleyes.gif

#88 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

user posted image

#89 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

OMG - I really don't like the base - I hope it looks a little better in person. Thanks for good shot of it!

#90 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

Yes, the base is bad, but other than the base and the back not being finished I do like the solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users