Photo

Welcome To Las Vegas!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:32 AM

Oh my goodness, I feel like a child waiting for Father Christmas. biggrin.gif

The photos were great and look forward to more. Nice to see this has really sparked interest in all the collectors.

Paul saw the photos too and agreed - we simply MUST HAVE THIS

It was meant for us.

Thanks again for all the kind offers to get the solid for me - you guys are the best.

biggrin.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Caroline

#62 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

Don and Margaret,
Your solids are spectacular!
The new "Las Vegas Sign" is the icing on the cake, so-to-speak!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!
biggrin.gif

#63 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

Well, I could be on my way to purchasing my first solid of 2005, I do love it and thanks for the photo, Don and Margaret smile.gif
I agree it would have been fantastic with a cowgirl on the top biggrin.gif
Nice to add to the theme biggrin.gif
Maggie cool.gif

#64 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:36 AM

Thanks Don and Margaret for the Picture! I called to order my sign today. Had to have it to top off all the other Vegas Solids after seeing your picture and I really do like it, but I have to agree with Carolyn that I was pretty shocked when the Sales Associate told me the Price $250! ohmy.gif I will have to work some extra hours. I think they (Estee Lauder) are getting a little greedy because they know we (The Collectors) will pay it.

#65 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

Our thanks to all of you for your kind comments on our pictures.

We were a bit shocked at the price also but we able to use our credits from other purchases to buy the sign. smile.gif That made it not hurt quite so much.

Just a comment, but after seeing all of them together we think the showgirl is really the prettiest Vegas solid so far. She is just gorgeous. What do ya'll think?

#66 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:36 AM

I have to agree that the Showgirl is my favorite, too, although all of the Las Vegas solids are pretty unique, especially the Roulette Wheel.

Foot still tapping here waiting on the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. Patience is not one of my virtues. tongue.gif Since I'm on the East Coast, it will probably not arrive until Monday. sad.gif From your great photos, I think I'll like it a lot. Thanks for posting them so quickly ... much appreciated. biggrin.gif

#67 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

For $250 I think the back of the sign should have been finished with the "drive carefully come back soon"
(come on EL think like Jay Strongwater)

#68 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

Yeh! ohmy.gif $250 is a lot of money for a E.L. solid but it was my first one purchased from the Las Vegas store directly, so I had an impulse moment. dry.gif

#69 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

Overall, I like the Las Vegas sign. Yes, I think it was a bit pricey.....for $250 the EL solids have lots more crystals...and yes, I would have liked to have seen the back finished. However, it is quite a novel and unusual piece and a nice replica of the sign. So...perhaps EL knew that demand for this piece would be high, and thus, the high price. Perhaps the actual design of the model/mold with so much lettering might also have increased the price. But what do I know!

My favorite Vegas solid...I like all except for the showgirl....I dont like any of the "human" EL solids...so that's why the showgirl didnt appeal to me. However, the colors and crystals on the showgirl are gorgeous.

OK...my two cents worth. LOL

#70 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:28 AM

HI 2CUTE4U2 smile.gif

I DONT LIKE THE SHOWGIRL EITHER NOR ANY OF THE 'HUMAN' SOLIDS.

MY FAVORITE VEGAS SOLID IS GOING TO BE THIS SIGN. THIS YEAR IS THE VEGAS CENTENARY 1905-2005 AND I WOULD THINK THAT IS WHY THE SIGN WAS PRODUCED.

VEGAS WILL BE BUSY THIS YEAR SO MUCH WILL BE GOING ON.....AND I WILL MISS IT....... sad.gif

REGARDS.....MARGARET

#71 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:11 AM

I agree both with you on the "human" solids thing. It doesn't work or just looks creepy!

I would have loved the showgirl if she had more enamel on her shoes and headress.

My favorite Vegas solid has to be the slot maching- moving reels and arm, great use of crystals and I love the idea (even if it didn't work out) of using a material other than enamel. Ahh, the good 'ole days!

I like the sign but don't love it. Maybe because there was no guessing here- we for the most part knew what we were getting and again wish the back was finished.

#72 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

THE SHOWGIRL IS NOT BLINGY ENOUGH, THE CRYSTALS ARE OF TOO SOFT A COLOUR, SHE IS PRETTY BUT SHOWGIRLS ARE DRAMATIC.

AFTER SAYING THAT I STILL WOULD NOT PART WITH HER.

REGARDS........MARGARET...... smile.gif smile.gif

#73 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:53 PM

Hope I'm not getting too much off topic here, but I for one like the "human" solids and hope EL produces more. I think they simply add another dimension, especially if you like displaying your solids according to theme.

These are just my personal opinions:

The western theme looks great with the Cowboy and Cowgirl rounding up the Shimmering Steer and Longhorn.

The clown looks good in the Circus theme.

If I had the Imperial Princess, I would display her with the Pandas, the Chinese Junk, and the Pagoda.

My favorite solids are the Masquerade Trilogy (the Jester, Classical Clown and Pirouette).

The one human solid I thought looked dumb was the Matador, who looks like he's twirling a rib-eye steak instead of a cape! tongue.gif

And, of course, the Showgirl with the Las Vegas Theme. I like it that she doesn't compete with the other Las Vegas solids, but seems to blend in.

#74 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:35 PM

I've never bought anything from the LV store yet. So far, I bought all of the Vegas solids on ebay (except roulette wheel because I don't have that one). I like the sign but $250 is a bit much...and buying it on ebay will be more. ohmy.gif I'll probably end up on ebay.

I'm not fond of the figurals. The only one I like is the showgirl. I wished her arms weren't so "muscular" looking. Also, too bad they didn't use more colorful rhinestones in the head-dress.

#75 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Mar 26 2005, 05:28 AM)
HI 2CUTE4U2  smile.gif

I DONT LIKE THE SHOWGIRL EITHER NOR ANY OF THE 'HUMAN' SOLIDS.

MY FAVORITE VEGAS SOLID IS GOING TO BE THIS SIGN. THIS YEAR IS THE VEGAS CENTENARY 1905-2005 AND I WOULD THINK THAT IS WHY THE SIGN WAS PRODUCED.

VEGAS WILL BE BUSY THIS YEAR SO MUCH WILL BE GOING ON.....AND I WILL MISS IT.......  sad.gif

REGARDS.....MARGARET

I agree with you Margaret! This one was created for the 100th year. My SG at the LV store actually told me that when I ordered the playing cards from her yesterday.
BTW...Only 1 set of playing cards is left at the LV store...that's it. I didn't get the cards earlier.... but when the sign arrived..I just had to have them and was thrilled that I was able to buy them at issue price. We also talked about seconds and she told me that the LV solids are passed between the Manhattan and LV stores and if Manhattan cant sell them, they they go back to the LV store and stay there until they sell..which eventually, they all sell as the store is in a high profile location.

Also...if you cant afford or locate the roulette wheel solid, the LV store still has some roulette wheel powder compacts left at $60!

I display the compact with the the sign and the slot machine in a corner of my vitrine. I cant wait to add the cards and wheel to my collection. smile.gif

re: human solids...I do like the clowns and jesters...just not the golden faced human solids...that's why I stopped looking to buy the mermaid...without actually seeing her...I was afraid that I wouldnt like her face...I actually bought the show girl but returned her because her face was too harsh and yup..I didnt like her arms either laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users