Photo

Welcome To Las Vegas!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

Nice drawing . . . .

What colours have they chosen - have they kept to the actual?

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:17 PM

huh.gif Yikes huh.gif

Just looked at my drawing again and it looks like it was done by a two year old! Oh well, it's just a general idea.

I don't know the actual colors but I would image they most likely will stay as close to the sign as possible.

I don't know what I think about this one, seeing it in person will make all the difference. My first reaction though was dry.gif maybe because we kinda knew what to expect.

#18 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

Looks fabulous! Cant' wait to see it.
I hope it has the Beautiful fragrance. tongue.gif

Lisa, that's a great sketch. smile.gif

KK

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:08 AM

No, not beautiful this time... the Las Vegas sign will hold Beyond Paradise.

#20 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:49 AM

Very interesting solid!

By the way, I, as a foreigner, have a question. Does this sign mean something special? To me, it seems a sort of road signs...why is it picked to be a solid perfume compact? Or, is this sign one of the tourist attractions in Las Vegas?

Just wondering... ohmy.gif

#21 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:11 AM

Here is a good link to explain the sign:

Las Vegas sign info

#22 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:19 PM

I love the idea of this solid biggrin.gif
It will go with the landmark theme (taj mahal) etc and also the Vegas theme...
Haven't been excited about any of this years solids so far but this looks like it could be the first one of 2005 for me to go for wink.gif
Hope it's very blingly, do you think it will come with flashing lights and batteries laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Maggie

#23 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:56 AM

Lisa, do you think it will be the same as the actual sign and have the reverse message too? That would be good.

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:43 AM

Nancy,

Very good question, didn't even think of it!

The backside of of the sign states "drive carefully, come back soon"

It really should be done but I am thinking of the backside of the flag on the Harrods English Emblems.

#25 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

HI EVERYONE, LOOKING FOR PRACTICAL HELP.

ALTHOUGH I ONLY HAVE A FEW COMPACTS, THEY ARE ALL LAS VEGAS SPECIALS AND THE THOUGHT OF THE SIGN IS JUST GREAT.

THE SIGN WAS ACTUALLY THE FRONT OF OUR WEDDING INVITATIONS (WITH LOTS OF GLITTER ETC), SO IT HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART.

NOW WE ARE LIVING OUR VERY DIFFERENT LIFE HERE IN FRANCE THE CHANCES OF MY GETTING THIS SOLID WILL BE PRETTY RARE.

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE SUGGEST A WAY FOR ME TO GET THE SIGN, I AM NOT ON ANY MAILING LIST.

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPLIES

LOVE
CAROLINE

#26 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

Caroline,

You could email Micky at the New York store (see Store Locations tab above) or Rosalva at the Las Vegas store (I don't have her email address but maybe another member could provide it). I believe they ship international; if not, I would be happy to send you one (as I'm sure many of the other members would as well biggrin.gif ). Don't worry, we'll see you get this solid! cool.gif

#27 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for offering Martha, I'm sure there are other members of this site who would also agree to do this for you Caroline. I don't know if you get charged tax or similar to our VAT here in the UK but if you get someone to send it to you they could put a cheaper value thus saving you tax. The stores cannot do this and it can be expensive as I'm sure some of the UK members can testify. (Maggie do you want to chip in here?)

#28 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:47 PM

Lisa, do you realise that if the sign does have a 'proper' back we may have to buy two just so we can display them together!!! rolleyes.gif

Of course we could display in front of a mirror but the writing would be back to front! blink.gif

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:21 AM

Nancy,

Ouch!!!

Mine would always be facing the Welcome, the thought of leaving makes me sad!! sad.gif

#30 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:30 PM

Hi Nancy,
I am probably not the best person to answer as I really don't buy that many any more sad.gif
Just too many and too much
However, as you said the stores are not a great idea, as they will only state the true value of the solid.
For example I got the Bustier from Saks NY and the SA said she would mark as $25, but when it arrived she had stated the true value and I had to pay another 30 roughly $50 in customs.
I always ask one of the lovely people off this site now.
Didn't you once say as they were collectors items you shouldn't have to pay duty?
Or am I getting confused rolleyes.gif
Anyway I'm sure somebody will volunteer biggrin.gif
Regards
Maggie cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users