Photo

Welcome To Las Vegas!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

Rate the new Viva Las Vegas solid!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:50 PM

Just got a call from Rosalva from the Estee Lauder store in Las Vegas and she has let me know that the 2005 Las Vegas exclusive will be arriving sometime in April.

The solid is going to be the welcome to Las Vegas sign and will have Beyond Paradise fragrance in it. The price will be $250.

No photos as of yet but keep checking back!!

user posted image

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

This sounds like a fun solid, and one I could get really excited about! ohmy.gif Lisa, do you know if Micky will have it available, too?

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:22 PM

Martha,

I am excited with this one too.... Las Vegas solids never seem to disappoint!

I think the general rule of thumb with Estee Lauder exclusives is after 6 months they are not exclusive anymore.

Micky, however may get them sooner, it's always a guessing game so I cannot say for sure.
wink.gif

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:08 PM

This one could really be something! I wonder who is designing now? huh.gif

#5 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

This one could be the best chance ever for total bling bling. We're excited! biggrin.gif

It's also going to make for a great display with all the Vegas solids. laugh.gif

Thanks for the inside info Lisa.

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hmmm . . . . don't know how I feel about this one . . . . I have liked the Las Vegas ones in the past, but not sure about having a 'sign' - prefer to have 'things', not words. But there you go . . . . that's how I feel now . . . . maybe I'll love it enough to buy it when it comes out and I see everyone oohing and ahhing over it . . . . laugh.gif

#7 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

Well this is sure interesting news. Thanks Lisa for letting us know. I already have this solid on my radar screen to buy, but will wait until a picture and more details of it will be posted.

I for one will be very interested in how they will design this solid because the Vegas sign does present some great possibilities to make it bling-bling that's for sure. Those of us who have been to Vegas know that city sure does have the bling-bling. laugh.gif

This sign solid is most appropriate to be released this year due to Las Vegas is celebrating its centennial birthday all year long with various events being held. I am making a wild guess here, but I am thinking this solid will be in high demand by both locals, tourists and solid collectors as a momento for Vegas turning a 100 years old. It should have the year 2005 stamped on it like other solids have had the year on them. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Gigi

#8 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the news Lisa, I have to see a "real" picture of this Solid as I don't know what to think yet.

I wish they would make a "Sign" Solid that just says "Estee Lauder" with all the Bling Blings, I think that would go great with any Solid Collection, not just the Vegas one.

When I first joined Swarovski Crystal, they sent me a Plaque with my Name engraved on it with a Crystal Ball inside and the year I joined. I wish EL would start something like that, if Swarovski could afford to do that (besides sending me a free Swarovski Crystal every year just for being a member), why can't EL? blink.gif

Denise

#9 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

Denise,
I agree with you. Estee Lauder should create a special solid for members only of this website. We have enough members that they could set a limit on the solid. They are able to do that for the Harrods solids. Than maybe they could give Lisa a website that we could access to fill out an order form or refer us to the New York or Vegas store for ordering the solid.

#10 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

DENISE,
I ALSO AGREE AN ESTEE SIGN, WONDERFUL!!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

ON THE LAS VEGAS SIGN,
COME ON PEOPLE, THIS IS VEGAS SIGN FOR YEARS AND YEARS...
THIS IS WHAT VEGAS IS.. THAT SIGN IS AS OLD AS, WELL WHO KNOWS?
ALL GOES BACK WITH BENNY SEGAL AND FRIENDS ha ha..

THIS IS VEGAS AND HOW NICE TO GO WITH ALL THE VEGAS SOLIDS.
YOU KNOW ANN AND KEN WILL GO A BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY WITH THE VEGAS SOLIDS.
ON THE OTHER HAND WHAT WAS THE PIG ABOUT? THAT WAS A VEGAS SOLID.

JUST CALL ME CHATTY KATHY.

DEBBIE

#11 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:14 PM

Hello everyone,

My post is in response to Marthaís question. I spoke to Micky today and she confirmed that in the next week she would know the exact date when she will receive the Las Vegas sign solid.
rolleyes.gif mad.gif

#12 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:43 AM

cool.gif I like the idea of a Vegas sign, it's something different and I think it will look great with the other Vegas exclusives, can't wait to see it ! biggrin.gif

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:21 PM

OK, everyone,

No laughing...... this is just an idea for everyone on what the Las Vegas solid is going to look like.
Now I cannot be 100% positive but basically it looks just like the actual sign. Looks to be on a gold base, white enamel for the background of the sign, I guess the lettering is like in the photo. From what I can tell there are only stones around the sign where the lights are and also in the center of the star on top of the sign.

Like I said I am not sure..
user posted image

#14 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

Terrific rendering, Lisa ... I'm going to love this solid! biggrin.gif Somehow, I was picturing it lying flat, but the vertical position is much better. A great backdrop to our Las Vegas solids.

#15 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:05 PM

Looks great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users