31 replies to this topic

#1 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:21 AM

Hi,
I saw the 2 new 2005 solid on sale at ebay. Do a real clown fish come in Blue??? how I wish this is Nemo orange color.

Oyster

http://cgi.ebay.com/...6504424454&rd=1

Clown Fish:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW ohmy.gif

#2 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

I received my clown fish and oyster yesterday...I think they are great! The oyster is especially elegant and the radiant fish is so fun. Photos are posted in the Members Gallery. Enjoy!

Woody

P.S. The fish and oyster are appropriate for me right now as we will soon have an ocean in our backyard if the rain doesn't stop....we were supposed to move to sunny California....what happened??? laugh.gif

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:06 PM

THANKS TO YOU BOTH FOR THE PICTURES smile.gif smile.gif

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A SOLID TO COME OUT THAT I CAN DISPLAY WITH THE PINK CORAL SHELL POWDER COMPACT AND I THINK THE OYSTER MAY BE IT.

THE CLOWN FISH DOES NOTHING FOR ME sad.gif sad.gif

THANKS AGAIN ........MARGARET.........

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

The oyster is really elegant....the clown fish is really fun though.

#5 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:30 PM

I noticed on ebay that the oyster contains pleasures perfume but the fish is described as having beyond pleasures - does it contain beyond paradise or pleasures or half and half? biggrin.gif

#6 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:22 PM

The Radiant Fish contains Beautiful smile.gif

#7 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

The Oyster is lovely....great touch putting the pearl "on top" of the perfume! smile.gif That one will go beautifully with the Mermaid & Octopus theme, but the Fish...not for me. sad.gif

Thanks for your pix, Woody...super! biggrin.gif

#8 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Woody. I always like to know what scents are in the solids. I like smelling them! biggrin.gif

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

I think I'll have to disagree with Margaret and Michele in the nicest possible way - from the pics, I prefer the Clown fish over the Oyster! (Though I have to admit what a novel idea for the pearl in the oyster!! However, that means you have to open it up all the time to see it or display it!)

thanks perfumememory for the links biggrin.gif
thanks Woody for the photos! biggrin.gif

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:40 PM

Sandra - By any remote chance, did you have a look at the OUTSIDE of the Oyster? laugh.gif Besides, if they had put the pearl on the outside, the darn fish would have scooped him up! sad.gif It's called supper in the fishy world! tongue.gif

ooops...I mean all the above in the nicest possible way.... rolleyes.gif

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:47 PM

I love the Oyster (even without seeing it in person). Have to have this one! As for the pearl, Sandra, next time you swallow an Oyster make sure there's no pearl inside!

As for the fish, it looks really great, but will have to see that one first!

So two more temptations!

sad.gif

#12 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:08 PM

???Michele??? I wasn't saying the Oyster was crap with the pearl inside - I was just saying it was 'novel' - meaning new. And yes, I did see the outside of the oyster . . . . (by remote chance)

Jacky - I know oysters over here are plentiful, but personally, I can't eat them (BLURK), so no chance of swallowing a pearl!!

Gees!! I just said that I preferred the fish this time around!! tongue.gif

(No apologies for not agreeing with you on this . . . in the nicest possible way!)

#13 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:04 PM

I am with sandra, I prefer the Clown Fish. But is blue the right color for a clown fish?? I thought it can only be orange??

Woody, do they have crystals set on the other side of the clown fish??

From the picure, the oyster look just ok, but you have to place it flat and closed at all time. I would prefer it to be opended and expose to the pearl but not the solid perfume. I agree with lisa that they should cover the solid perfume in another layer away from the big pearl , just like the piano and the telephone boot. That way , we can have the option of displaying it open or close.

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hi perfumememory - yes, I thought the fish could be orange as well. I don't mind the blue though - and many fish do come that colour around the coral reefs anyway. It's a nice shade of blue, so that's what attracted me to it too.

And also agree to your point about the Oyster having a layer inbetween the pearl and perfume so it can be displayed nicely. Good idea!

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:21 AM

That is a brilliant idea to have a sort of double see through door, so to speak, to enable one to display the pearl in the Oyster! Pity EL did not think of this in their design. I happen to love pearls and they blend in beautifully with diamonds, so the idea of using the crystals is a MUST HAVE for me!

As long as this solid is not a small one like the Shimmering Sphere, then I personally won't be disappointed!

wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users