24 replies to this topic

#16 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 06:35 PM

Nancy-

The databases are currently backed up twice a month. I'm looking into a couple ways to increase this to a nightly backup. I'm hoping we don't ever have to use the backups again though!

If you enter your collection, and then get through the first backup, the most you could ever lose would be the solids you added to your collection in the last 2 weeks before the crash.

You could also either print out the summary page of the DB or save it to your local hard drive.

Hopefully you'll never need to have your insurance company replace them! And hopefully we'll never have another server crash! [Smile]

-Jack

#17 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 08:03 PM

Jack,

I have a silly question. The times on the messages are from what area????? [Confused]

They don't look like Fla. time.
We are on Central time.

Ann

#18 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 08:29 PM

Hmmm, they should be Eastern Standard Time (Florida)...but if this post says something other than 8:20pm, I'll have to see if something's wrong.

-Jack

[Edited note: looks like it was right...a couple minutes off my computer's time but pretty close!]

[ January 15, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Jack ]

#19 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Jack,

Last night they were two hours off of Fla. time.
Ken thought maybe it reverted back to daylight savings time when you were down.
Looks fine now.
Ann

#20 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 11:02 PM

Hey Jack:

How do I get MY husband involved in this great hobby of mine???? I need him to get interested and involved like you so I can spend more cash on solids!!!!!! hahha
Thanks for all the hard work!!! Things are looking great!

Pamela [Smile] [Razz]

#21 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 12:25 AM

What!? You mean she's been spending money on all these things? I'm going to have to look into that! [Wink]

-Jack

#22 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:43 AM

Hi Jack,

it's great love you helped Lisa with her hobby and I know you made happy a big lot of other collectors, but it would be very naughty to check Lisa's Visa bill or the cllection summary in the "my collection" place, hahaha. My husband doesn't like my hobby neither the bills, but I got used to his comments when it arrieves and simply ignore what he says. [Confused]

Just go on helping all of us and our great apriciation will help you not to think about the spent money. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Brigitte

[ January 16, 2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#23 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 06:17 AM

THANK YOU BOTH [Smile] I currently have my collection on my HandSpring which is great to have with me. But to have a database with pictures is FANTASTIC. You sure made it simple. I appreciate all that you do.

#24 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 04:10 PM

Wow, the new database is great. I put all my Estee Solids in and am amazed. If I can help with adding some pictures how do I get them to you? My Husband loves my collection of Perfume bottles and solids, now he doesn't have to give any thought about what to buy me for a gift. I almost always get something from the perfume area of Nordstroms, LOL. Once in awhile I would like something else, [Roll Eyes] Lainey

#25 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 04:50 PM

Hi Pamela, not sure I really want my husband getting into my hobbies (at least the ones that cost money that is) he would know exactly what I spend. Once he stood behind me when I was emailing a seller on ebay and as I typed in the price, all I heard was a voice behind me saying "How much!!!!"
Also....would I have to go to the football with him?

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users