• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 09:56 PM

We rolled out some new features tonight. We were going to wait but we figured with the bad news of the recent crash everyone deserved some good news.

If you look in the top header you will see a button that goes to "Solids Database". This is a new feature that will have a live searchable database of every solid ever produced. They will be searchable and sortable by fragrance, name, descriptive keywords, original price, and year produced.

There is an "Avg" feature that will show you the current average selling priced based on online auction sales and sales at this site. this will be greatly enhanced over the next few weeks.

There is also a feature that will allow you to track your collection. You can check off which solids you have by logging in (with the same user/pass as the chatboard) and clicking the "Add" text under any solids you have. then by going to "view my collection" you can see a listing of every solid you have and some statistical summaries about your collection.

Play around with it. Tell us what you think! Let us know if you have any problems and questions...I know it's a very powerful database so there's a lot you can do with it.

Finally, as you can see I have only included the photos of the solids I currently have. We are looking for your help with this. If anyone has a large collection and already has each solid individually photographed and is willing to help us complete our photo database, please email me! We are willing to pay for the use of your photos.

Again...any suggestions, concerns, or questions...don't hesitate to email me!

-Lisa

#2 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 10:11 PM

Hello everyone-

I'm Jack...Lisa's husband. I'm also her website designer/developer so if you have any questions about the new features, you can email me as well.

There's a lot to these new features so I'll try to write up a page explaining exactly how it all works. In the meantime, feel free to play around with the new features. You can't break anything so there's no harm to do!

-Jack
tech@solidperfume.com

#3 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 10:35 PM

WOW! [Big Grin] [Cool] [Wink] [Razz]
Absolutely fantastic! This database is something else! I am very impressed! A lot of time and effort has been put into yet another great feature of this wonderful site and it is a credit to you both.

My small solid collection is already catalogued. [Wink]

If you need pictures would it be an idea for those who have sold solids on your site to just perhaps email you with an ok to use the pics you already have?

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:04 AM

This is one of the best features! [Smile] I'm having difficulty finding Cherry Pie and Language of the Heart. Other than that, I cataloged my collection.

I wrote the name of each solid as I bought them--the old fashioned way. Here, you can see the average price...either with excitment [Big Grin] or tears [Frown] knowing how little or how much you spent.

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:35 AM

Hey Greyhound!
Congratulations you put the 1000th post on the site! [Wink]
I couldn't find the language of the heart either. I made a note of it under the new "Help Desk" board so you may want to add the missing Cherry Pie to the list for Jack and Lisa to look at in the morning!

Once all the pictures are in the database it is going to be quite an amazing feature! [Big Grin]

#6 Jewels

Jewels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:44 AM

Superb. The Solids Database is absolutely wonderful. It is easy and fun to use. You guys have done a great job. [Smile] [Cool]

Good going Lisa & Jack!!

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:03 AM

Nice to see a gentleman's face on the postings!
Thank you Jack!

Well what about the other men in Estee's life?

My face? Don't want the server to crash again!

Cheers!

#8 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:49 AM

Jacky
I shall email your husband! and tell him what your up to.
Lisa it must be nice to have your man interested in your collection.
Mine just moans at the time I spend on it and more to the point the money!!!!

[ January 14, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#9 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:11 PM

I'm working on an instruction manual for the new database. It's just been started but I'll be updating it a lot today.

You can find it here: http://www.solidperf...m/instructions/

I'll add a permanent link to it somewhere later today.

-Jack

#10 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 09:22 PM

Hi Lisa & Jack,

this new feature is absolutely

OUTSTANDING

and there is nothing else to say about but you have outperformed all our imaginations.

Thanks a million for this exceptional place for Est»e Lauder solid perfume collectors.

Warmest regards

Brigitte

#11 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 12:50 AM

I just catalogued my collection. What a great feature. Thanks so much Lisa!

#12 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:05 AM

Hello Jack and Lisa

Wath you both do for us ........
is truly indescribable!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks so much!!!

Many greetings, Liliane

#13 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:26 AM

Congratulations Jack and Lisa on your wonderful site!

Have yet to explore every nook and cranny!

Thank you,

Jacqueline [Smile] [Smile]

#14 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 11:15 AM

Hi Jack an Lisa !
Many thank for the lovely database. It's very funny to look at my collection now. I think it's better that my husband don't look at it.
I want him still alive !!!!!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Greetings !

Michaela

[ January 15, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Maeuschen ]

#15 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:25 PM

I can't wait to get into this database. I tried to put mine onto a database but it really needs updated. I put the price I paid, the original price when sold new, who I bought it from etc., I thought it would help to let my insurance company know about them and also that I had a record should anything happen to them.
If we record our collections using your database do we save it or is it kept on your site. If so what if it crashes again. (Heaven forbid!)
Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users