• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:29 PM

I have a tie between the English Emblems and the Bustier. They are both beautiful solids! The designers put a lot of detail into both solids. The Bustier has all the bows going down the front with the clear crystals and pink enameling. Just smashing!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif The English Emblems won me over with the crown. I just love crowns! And than the combination of crystals and enameling on the flag made it a must have piece for my collection.

The second question was even more difficult than the first. Since 1967 EL has sold a lot of wonderful solids. I am partial to the ones that have a lot of crystals on them. I picked two because they go together, the Cowboy Boot and the Cowboy Hat.

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:30 PM

MY FAVORITE OF 2004 HAS GOT TO BE JEWELS TO BOOT, IT LOOKS PERFECT SHOWN WITH THE TRAVELLER POWDER COMPACT.

MY FAVORITE GROUP TOGETHER HAS GOT TO BE, THE GRAND PIANO POWDER COMPACT WITH THE BABY GRAND PIANO SOLID AND THE VIOLIN

THE LITTLE SHIMMERING SPHERE WON A PLACE IN MY HEART, SO BLING BLING laugh.gif laugh.gif AND IT GOES ALONG WITH THE FANTASY OF LIGHT POWDER.

PERFUMEMEMORY........MY VERY FIRST SOLID WAS CINDERELLAS COACH AS WELL, THAT COACH HAS A LOT TO ANSWER TO laugh.gif laugh.gif

REGARDS.......MARGARET.......

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

Down to the nitty gritty, hey Don? Well maybe it should be a solid that's also got value for money. In this instance, for me it's the English Emblems or 'Lion and Crown' as some like to call it. Everyone likes a bit of royalty, I think!! -

The idea of it in itself is unique - putting the three English icons together so well. It's a real beuaty if you're English or not!

Wonder if they'll do an English rose . . . . ?

#19 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:11 PM

We thought the pink rose was from Harrods. ph34r.gif Maybe someone can tell us for sure. smile.gif

#20 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:17 PM

Yes the pink rose was from Harrods.

#21 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:44 PM

My favorite this year was the kitty on chair, very elaborate!
My favorite all time is the bird in the cage, simple but very effective and I love the little pink heart hanging off the top.
I do love all the bird ones though biggrin.gif
Maggie cool.gif

#22 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:32 AM

I think my favourite solid from 2004 has to be Thomas the Harrods bear, out of all the Harrods bears he has just pushed Scott (2001) bear from my number one bear spot! The matching cuddly bear is so cute too, I think he is the best of all the bears so far. biggrin.gif

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

"Scott?" I thought the 2001 bear was 'Rodney'! unsure.gif

#24 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

Yes I originally thought he was called Rodney but I saw a list of all the bears names and he is in fact Scott! Rodney is the name of the bear with the green waistcoat named after one of their longest serving staff (a doorman?) - I think. There is one on the bay at the moment :

http://cgi.ebay.com....ssPageName=WD4V

I remember hearing of Rodney bear named after a staff member and it only dawned on me when I saw the list that they wouldn't have two bears with the same name (possibly the same year rolleyes.gif ).

I was having a look on the Harrods website to see if there was a list of all the bears and who they were named after but, alas, nothing could I find!

Maybe someone else has more info?
cool.gif

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

Great Scott!! Wow!! So that's what Rodney looks like . . . . sheesh!!

You could've told us before all the stories!!!! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users