• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

After considering which 2004 set of solids we liked, we got to thinking about which single solid we would pick from last year if we could just have one. ph34r.gif

Margaret says the London Postbox from Harrods smile.gif

Don picks the Radiant Rooster from Judith Leiber tongue.gif

It was a hard choice. ohmy.gif

Which "single" one would ya'll pick? cool.gif (Maybe Lisa can add a poll to this post)

A favorite, since 1968, for Don is the Enchanted Mushroom because of its wonderful detailing (Margaret is still thinking about this one. biggrin.gif

user posted image

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:24 AM

Very difficult question. My mind immediately went to the Lion/Crown, but the Bustier is also a favourite!

blink.gif

#3 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:20 AM

For sure I would have picked the Strongwater's Lily Bouquet solid, because it looks so baroque-ish rolleyes.gif

Madeleine

#4 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:29 AM

I'd pick Lion w/ Crown also!

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:52 AM

The Harrods Teddy Bear because it was endearing to me and it's also my favorite so far of all the Harrods bears.

#6 Tricia

Tricia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:57 AM

My favorite, since I first laid eyes on it, has been the bustier but money has been very tight this year and I just haven't been able to justify it. Just a few days ago, I was able to work out a trade (with a few extra $$ thrown in) with Woody for my beloved bustier and it's now on it's way across the country! I'm so happy - thanks again Woody!

Actually, I wanted to add why I love the bustier so much. I have collected commercial perfume bottles in general for several years and have a special love for the torso bottles. I have all of the Gaultier corsett bottles, Shiaparelli's torso with measuring tape and flowers under the dome, a bottle called Naughty which shows the top of the frilly lace teddy slightly slipped down on the bust area (gasp!) and a few others - SO, you know this one made my heart race!

Patricia

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

Great topic Don and Margaret! And Jackie a good idea for a poll, however 26 choices is too many for our poll system (I did try)

My favorite 2004 solid is hands down the English Emblems I just loved the whole design consept and thought it was the perfect mix of gold, enamel and crystals. I guess I am a big fan of things scaled down, I like small details. Bird in Bloom would be my next pick- small details!

So far my favorite of all the solids since 68 would be the US version of the teacup. The opaque "tea" enamel with the lemon and spoon- great details! Behind that would be the ivory and red treasure/Foo dog, again because of the details- it looks just like should- a intricately carved ancient piece of ivory.
Love, love the vintage solids, especially the necklaces. wink.gif

#8 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

Even though I think the ALL the Harrods solids are wonderful, my favorite solid is the Pampered Kitty........the theme, detail, scale are all wonderful... smile.gif

#9 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:25 PM

Please can I choose 2?? English Emblem and JL Rooster. so blink blink.. must war sunglass to look at them cool.gif

My favorite solid till date is Cinderalla Coach.. This is the culprit that got me deeper into the addictions of collecting solid perume. smile.gif

#10 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

Mine would be the Jay Strongwater Bird in Bloom because I do love everything with this solid and the detailed work. Also I have a fence full of Morning Glories flowers at the Wyoming house every spring and summer so this solid was personal for me.

Wonderful topic to discuss about.

Gigi

#11 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

This is tough. I like all the ones mentioned so far.

My favorite is the English Emblems. Seems more unique and creative than another cat solid. Love the crown and lion. It's so English! cool.gif

2nd - Harrods bear. Love his outfit the best out of all 4 bears.

3rd - Strongwater's bird bath (forgot the name) ohmy.gif

#12 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

I agreed with Margaret choice, my favorite 2004 solid is the London Postbox and the second one is the Lion with Crown.

#13 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:20 AM

English Emblems for me too!

#14 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

My favourite is the Bustier, which is the only solid I bought of the 2004 solids. My all time favourite has to be three because they make such a great group: Roulette Wheel, Showgirl and Lucky Hands. They also have a emotional value to me since I once got married in Las Vegas, eventhough I am now divorced the trip to Vegas is a very cherished memory of mine rolleyes.gif

Karin

#15 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:16 AM

This is a great topic! My all time favorite is the Sparkling Mermaid, I think she's just beautiful.

After that comes the Strongwater Compacts because of all the detailing. I can't just pick one because I love them all!

Denise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users