58 replies to this topic

#31 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

Hi Don & Margaret,
Love the colorful underwater scene. Really nice group of solids.
Always love the reflection in the beautiful wood. Don did you make the piece the solids are displayed on?
KK biggrin.gif

#32 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:26 PM

Got another response back from a fish guy about our new blue clown fish, here is what he said:

The True Percula Clownfish only comes in orange.

It doesn't really matter to me but you would think EL would look into this minor issue of correct coloring for a species of fish. blink.gif

#33 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

It may be a silly question, but did Estee Lauder ever call this a "clown" fish. ph34r.gif The box just says Radiant Fish. huh.gif

KK and everyone. Thanks for the kind comments on our picture. It was taken on our cherry dining room table so we can't take credit for the shine. smile.gif

#34 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:09 PM

laugh.gif We are too engrossed with Nemo so we jump into concluding that this is a Clown fish.
Maybe we should scan a picture of the Radiant Fish and ask that guy if such a fish species exist.
biggrin.gif

It does not really matter to me if the color is right or wrong. However, as a collcetor, I would want to know just a little more.

#35 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:14 AM

I just received my radiant fish and oyster yesterday from Neimans, and love them! I don't think they photograph very well, because they're much nicer when you actually see them. I wonder why the white box to the Radiant Fish is so much bigger than the blue box. It's like it was made for a bigger box. My Radiant Fish came wrapped in Estee Lauder tissue paper to keep it from rattling around in the white box.
Still, I think they're both wonderful solids!
Catherine

#36 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:44 AM

Cathrine,

Happy to see you around biggrin.gif

So glad to like both the fish and oyster. I am getting the oyster with a credit I have so that makes it easier. I do hope to get the fish as well sometime.

#37 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:04 PM

Dear Catherine,

is the Radient Fish Orange or Blue?

Cos some of the collectors saw that it is Orange from the catalog.. I am curious to know if it comes in two color.

Perfume

#38 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

I only saw the Radiant Fish in blue. I think if it were orange, it would clash against its coral stand. I think its a pretty shade of blue. Also, like the Magnificant Marlin, the label is on the stand...not the fish.
Catherine

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

Good point, Catherine - totally agree. It's good how some of the fish solids have their own stands.

#40 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

I just received in the mail today a letter from Alison at Harrods enclosing a picture of the "Beautiful Radiant Fish," and guess what, it's ORANGE. Her letter says there are 50 pieces available at a cost of 150.00 pounds. Jacky, Maggie or Margaret, would one of you call Harrods and see if the fish is really orange? It looks good in orange, but it's not shown on it's stand.

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

Somethings fishy! laugh.gif

(Pun intended!!)

#42 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:52 PM

MAYBE (but I doubt it) the International version is orange

#43 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

I would like to see a picture of the ORANGE Radiant Fish. I've only seen it in blue.
Catherine

#44 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:25 PM

Ron, that's a very interesting point about the solid being an international version. You know, there were 2 other solids in the photograph, the Opulent Oyster (which looks like the oyster I've seen on this site) and the Enchanting Pagoda, which looks nothing (colorwise) like the Pagoda shown on this site. The colors in the photograph are muted (mauve and brown), but I just thought it was a bad photo (and it may be), but it makes you wonder if this is an international version. Oh well, my imagination may be running wild here. tongue.gif

#45 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:30 PM

Martha, remember there was a petit four the American version had jewels, the International version did not. The Plum, American version had jewels in the leaf and the International, none in the leaf. The Enchanted Fairy, American had jewels on the base, International no jewels and so forth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users