58 replies to this topic

#16 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:15 PM

Don and Margaret,
Wonderful photo! I can hardly wait to get the fish and I think I may also buy the oyster - it looks beautiful in your display. rolleyes.gif

#17 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:59 PM

laugh.gif I have finally see the beauty of the Clown Fish. I was reluctant to purchase initially cos I thought the fish look like it is stuck in the coral and very stiff looking. Unlike the Marlin, which is sharper.

Looks more natural when the fish is placed infront of the coral..... dry.gif It is like buy one and get another one for free (fish and coral ). I am convinced it is worth the buy.

Thanks for the picture. smile.gif

#18 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:37 AM

Thank you for the gorgeous picture! It is so great to get display ideas and to see new solids together with old ones as to get a proper idea of their size. I totally agree that the fish looks better in front of the coral instead of tangled up in it.

Karin

#19 TERRY

TERRY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:13 PM

Hello Collecters!

I just got a photo copy of the new solids and powder compacts from my
rep in Las Vegas. Guess What?? The Radiant Fish is being offered in
orange. The picture doesn`t show any coral being offered. I`m going to give
her a call and see if there is any. It looks GREAT!!!

Terry

#20 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

Margaret and Don, what a wonderful picture! rolleyes.gif blink.gif I just love your display with the older EL solids. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif And special thanks for the way you displayed the Oyster solid. I like both of the new ones.

#21 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

Love the grouping of the solids Don & Margaret!

From what I have heard the original prototype of the fish was orange (like a clown fish should be) but I think it may have looked to close to Disney's Nemo and copyright laws would come into effect.

I believe this was all avoided by just changing the fish from orange to blue.

#22 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

If Orange is a nautral color for Clown Fish, as long as they do not name this solid as NEMO. That should be fine right? I cannot imaging if there is a fmaous Zebra cartoon Character, and to avoid copy right, we have to chnage the color of the zebra to white and .....PINK?? laugh.gif

I have showed a friend who has a lot of Parrots pet at home. He told me that Estee Lauder Parrots color combination is correct. He often noticed figurine of Parrot in different color combination, which does not exist in real Parrots family. It looks so stupid but not many people know.

I wonder Is blue a color for clown fish as well??

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:00 AM

I am no expert by any means but I did do a search for "clown fish" on goolge and all the images of the fish were orange. I also found this:

Physical description: There are hundreds of different types of clownfish, in a variety of colors that range from yellow to black to blue. The colors of the clownfish pictured above are orange with 2-3 white stripes around the body. These colors are the most common among the "typical" image of a clownfish.

#24 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

Here are some pictures of different color clownfish. biggrin.gif

Clownfish

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:12 AM

Great link D & M,

But where are the blue fish???? laugh.gif

I also found this and thought it intetesting:

* An anemonefish, a unique type of fish which makes its home among the stinging tentacles of a sea anemone.*Facts about clownfish

#26 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

biggrin.gif laugh.gif user posted image laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#27 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

Don and Margaret - what a wonderful display of your solids!

I could warm up to the oyster because I like maritime things. Being such a small inland surrounded by large countries like France, Germany or Italy, for me the sea has always something to do with holidays.

I could place the oyster next to the lighthouse and if I'm lucky enough I can even buy it at my local department store very soon (like last year's lighthouse/riverboat) rolleyes.gif

Madeleine

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:36 AM

I did send an email to the guy that wrote the facts about the clown fish. I sent him the photo of the solid and asked if he had ever seen that color in a clown fish and his reply back to me was "no, not colors (blue) like that" So our clown fish is a rarity!

#29 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:22 AM

biggrin.gif Thanks to Estee Lauder, who has a breed a Blue Clown Fish of its own. rolleyes.gif

I am curious to know if these matter to collectors.

wink.gif

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:31 PM

Interesting reading on the Clown fish there, Lisa - thanks for the research. wink.gif

As for the unique colouring from EL, I don't think this breed will worry the collectors . . . I mean, the horses have come in gold colour, and there are many other solids not completely 'true to form', so I doubt the colour would have an affect on how people view it.

Personally, I think the blue is nice on this one and to have it orange wouldn't be so effective. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users