• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

We just got a call from Donna at Bergdorf Goodman that they had the clown fish and oyster with pearl and a powder in. biggrin.gif Have any of you heard the same?

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up Don and Margaret! I am usually the last one to know. tongue.gif

I am waiting to see these in person as I hope they made changes to them when I saw them last.

I am not thrilled in the least with these two solids either.

I think they are both way over priced and the "Nemo" fish is a big solid again. dry.gif

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

OK, my bad I just heard from Donna at Bergdorf's and she will have the solids in stock tomorrow. For anyone saving $$$ (who isn't??) there is no sales tax charged outside of NY or TX.

Donna's # is 1-800-558-1855 ext 2741 or her email is: dmsolids@optonline.net

Thanks Donna!!

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:50 AM

I can't ever get away from that darn 8.25% sales tax. mad.gif dry.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif

Neiman Marcus headquarters is in Dallas, TX.

#5 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:44 AM

Lisa,
Do you know the price of the fish and oyster? I would love to see a photo of them. Will the Las Vegas store eventually get them in? Thanks.
Joni

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:26 AM

Joni,

No actual photos as of yet, I think the prices were $175 and $250 but not 100% sure. I am also not sure but I think yes, Las Vegas will get them too. wink.gif

#7 ribbitdenver

ribbitdenver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:31 PM

NOOOO you mean "Nemo" is bigger than my Mermaid????? This was one I looked for sad.gif

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:52 AM

From what I can remember the whole piece is large. The fish sits in a bed of coral (you can take the fish out) which makes it large.

Then again it may have changed since I saw it last.

#9 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

Does anyone have a picture or a description of the powder compact mentioned by Don and Margaret? Since I still believe that I am mainly collecting the powders I am almost dying of curiosity here tongue.gif

Karin

#10 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

Just posted some new pics on the Member's Gallery...take a look! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#11 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:01 PM

Woody,
Thanks for the great photos of the fish and oyster. I love the fish, not sure about buying the oyster.
Joni smile.gif

#12 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

Woody - thanks for the pictures! Do you have a picture of the new powder also?

Lori

#13 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:11 PM

Don't have the powder yet. As soon as I get it, I will post a pic. smile.gif

#14 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:34 PM

We received the Oyster and Fish today and couldn't be happier with both of them. biggrin.gif

The oyster is really a classy looking perfume and just the right size. We do agree with Lisa that there should have been a separate compartment for the pearl so it could be displayed open but that is a minor point (but please learn to listen to Lisa, EL mad.gif ) . The compact itself is just beautiful! smile.gif

The Radiant Fish is just like Woody said. It is a really fun compact. You can't see it without smiling. rolleyes.gif We found that the fish will stand by itself and really looks better displayed in front of the coral. The fish itself is a really cute size to handle. We were worried that it would be too big to display with the Mermaid but it is not. They look great together. laugh.gif

Again we have to vote----Love 'em wub.gif (but we're easy ) ph34r.gif

user posted image

Many Thanks to Donna at Bergdorf Goodman in New York (dmsolids here) for keeping us in mind and for her wonderful service! smile.gif (And even better, no tax charged to Texas) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#15 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

Great display! Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users