• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy NEW YEAR!!

Tonight I have my favorite drink Chambord and Champagne.

A shot of Chambord in the bottom of Champagne glass, top with Champagne, enjoy!

#2 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:35 PM

May everyone have a great New Year! biggrin.gif

user posted image

#3 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:39 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND MAY IT BE KIND AND PEACEFUL.

OUR CELEBRATION LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST WITH OUR FRENCH NEIGHBOURS AND IT WAS AMAZING.

WE STARTED AT 7 WITH APPERITIFS (EXCEPT FOR ME AS THE DRIVER mad.gif )
AND THE FIRST PLATTERS OF NIBBLES CAME OUT. CAVIAR, WAFER THIN HAM, SPICY SAUSAGE, PASTRIES WITH ALL SORTS OF FILLINGS smile.gif

NEXT COURSE ARRIVED AND IT WAS FOIE GRAS, SMOKED SALMON, AVOCADO MAYONNAISE ALL SERVED WITH SWEET WHITE WINE (IMPORTANT FOR THE FOIE GRAS)

THEN OUT CAME THE OYSTERS, SOME COOKED WITH A CREME FRESH AND CURRY SAUCE, TOPPED WITH GRATED CHEESE, THE OTHERS AU NATUREL. THIS WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT OYSTERS SO THE CAMCORDER CAME OUT JUST IN CASE!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S MIDNIGHT, LOTS OF KISSING AND THEN THERE WAS AN ATTEMPT AT MASS MURDER WITH PARTY PEASHOOTER THINGS; I HAVE TO SAY THAT WHEN THEY GOT YOU IT WAS REALLY PAINFUL. I SPENT TWENTY MINUTES LOOKING FOR COVER OR HIDING BEHIND SOMEONE ELSE. WE ARE GOING TO PRACTICE READY FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!

THE MAIN COURSE ARRIVED JUST BEFORE ONE, ROAST DUCK - DELICIOUS. SERVED WITH POTATOES, GREEN BEANS AND PEPPER SAUCE.

JUST WHEN YOU THINK ITS OVER, OUT COMES THE CHEESE AND SALAD - BY NOW THE ELASTICATED WAIST ON MY TROUSERS WAS PROVING A GOOD CHOICE blink.gif

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S TWO AND THE DESSERT ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKFULLY AFTER DESSERT WE ONLY HAD TO ENDURE COFFEE, NO MORE FOOD.

THINKING LONGINGLY OF MY NEW AND VERY COMFORTABLE BED OUT CAME THE CHAMPAGNE.

WELL I MUST GO NOW, WE HAVE TO GO TO SEE THE OTHER NEIGHBOURS FOR CHAMPAGNE LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:48 AM

HI CAROLINE........ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

WHAT A NEW YEAR PARTY !!!!!!!

I AM JUST SO ENVIOUS OF ALL THAT GOOD FOOD, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FRENCH NEIGHBOURS, JUST ENJOY IT ALL.

KIND REGARDS......MARGARET

#5 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:54 PM

Wishing everyone a Healthy and Peaceful year 2005 ahead. laugh.gif

#6 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

Wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year from Pasadena! Troy and I walked down and watched the Rose Bowl Parade this morning...the floats are awesome! It has been raining for days, but everyone said it never rains on the parade and this morning the sun was shining brightly! Now the parade is over, the clouds and cold are back ohmy.gif

We are home now and I am cooking our good luck items for today's dinner: Collards and black eyed peas.......it's a Southern New Year's Tradition.....

Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope 2005 is a great year for us all!

Woody

#7 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:08 PM

user posted image

Caroline, your New Year's Eve meal is to die for!!! biggrin.gif While I never read "A Year in Provence," I did watch the mini-series on TV, which I absolutely loved, so this is how I'm picturing you in France. biggrin.gif

It's New Year's Day here and we're having a very traditional Southern (U.S.) meal of sugar-cured ham, black-eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread.

My prayers and blessings to all.

#8 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:20 AM

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=blue]

MARTHA AND WOODY, PLEASE EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE, I HAVE HEARD OF COLLARD GREENS AND BLACK EYES PEAS - BUT WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY?

OUR NEW YEARS DAY WAS GREAT, CHAMPAGNE AND GATEAUX WITH ONE SET OF NEIGHBOURS AND A RETURN VISIT TO THE OTHERS TO FINISH OFF WHAT WAS LEFT OF THE BANQUET blink.gif

I DOUBT IF WE WILL EAT FOR THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:35 PM

Caroline,

Collards are a variety of kale. It's a green plant grown in the Southern U.S., which is cooked and eaten as a vegetable. It's very similar to spinach.

Black-eyed peas (also known as cowpeas) are a legume, again grown in the Southern U.S. The beans are soaked in water overnight and are usually cooked with ham. They are very similar in taste to pinto beans.

#10 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

Wishing a happy and healthy new year to all!!

Lori

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:00 PM

Happy (belated ) New Year!!

It seems strange to enjoy ourselves in amongst a world tragedy . . . I was out on the harbour and it was strangely subdued during the unbelievably magic fireworks etc. I think people were trying to be respectful and at the same time enjoy life.

I hope this year brings peace and happiness to all here and that we may remain united in friendship as well.

Take care, everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users