• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:17 AM

I'M WITH YOU MARGARET, BUT IA AM ALSO SURE THAT THERE ARE SOME THINGS WHICH WE WILL NEVER GET TO HEAR OF .

HOW COME OUR CIVILISED WESTERN GOVERNMENTS USE POOR THIRD WORLD AREAS OF THE WORLD FOR THEIR DIRTY SECRETS LIKE NUCLEAR TESTING AND DUMPING TOXIC WASTE - WELL WHAT DO SOME REMOTE OR "UNDERDEVELOPED" MEANINGLESS COUNTRIES COUNT FOR IN THEIR BOOKS.

IT DOESN'T SEEM TO MATTER WHICH PARTY IS IN POWER THEY ALL SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME MINDSET - POLITICIANS? I REALLY HAVE NO TIME FOR THEM. I'VE MET LOTS IN MY TIME AND I HAVE TO SAY I WOULD NEVER HAVE OFFERED THEM JOBS WITH OUR COMPANY.

I KNOW THE REAL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WILL ALWAYS TRY THEIR BEST IN THESE SITUATIONS AND UNLESS ALL GOVERNMENTS MAKE A REAL, LONG TERM COMMITMENT THEN WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO.

SORRY I HAVE SUCH STRONG OPINIONS BUT UNLESS A TSUNAMI HIT LONDON OR NEW YORK I SEE NO CHANGE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

IN THE MEANTIME LIKE ALL OF YOU I HOPE AND PRAY FOR THOSE STILL STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE, AND PRAY FOR THE COUNTLESS SOULS WHO PERISHED.

CAROLINE

#17 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:30 PM

I am also truly saddened by this devastating tragedy and my heart goes out to all the lives lost and their families. sad.gif

Sandra, I have not done much research on Nuclear Bomb Testing except that it began in the early 1900's and as other's said, there is much we will never really know.

I do believe that Mother Nature will do certain things in which we have no control over, such as tornado's, volcanic explosions, etc. I also think that man has contributed to destroying certain parts of earth such as the air quality, poisonous waters, and the list goes on.

I have done some research on Earthquakes which have been recorded from the 1500's, possibly earlier. Here is a link on that:

Earthquake Magnitude History

Here is a link that I thought was full of information:

Earthquake Information

Also, last night I was watching the News and President Clinton gave this Web Address for Donations as it is a reputable one:

Donations

I also think it's great that more money is coming from individuals compared to governments.

Once again, my heart goes out to anyone affected by this tragedy.

Denise

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:39 PM

Totally agree, Caroline - unfortunately there are many people in power who have other agendas driven by money and therefore secrecy. It would be nice to have the majority of people in power who really worked for the good humanity and the natural world - who wants the best for people of all nations, not just those with money.

In this day and age there are only a handful of well known people that you would want to use as your inspiration for life and humanity. sad.gif

As the days go on, people are coming to grips with not only those confirmed dead, but those many, many missing people who may never be found. What heartache and misery those families will be in for the rest of their lives, and further - the child trafficking that has now begun in some of the countries - orphaned children are plentiful now and easy pickings. I can't believe people are using this tragedy for criminial purposes !! As if the victims of the Tsumani don't have enough to worry about! mad.gif

#19 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

Karin, I am horrified to hear reports of a young Swedish boy called Christian who they think may have been kidnapped. His mother is missing but they know he was treated in hospital but is said to have left with a dark haired man. His father at home in Sweden must be worried sick. I hope this is just a mistake but they fear for children who have survived being taken. Is there no end to the suffering?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users