Photo

2005 Enchanting Pagoda

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Thoughts on the 2005 Jay Strongwater Enchanted Pagoda solid

Thoughts on the 2005 Jay Strongwater Enchanted Pagoda solid

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:41 PM

We received our Pagoda in the mail today and have to say, after looking at it for a while, that we both love it! biggrin.gif

It is a little larger than the general run of the solids but not so large as to be obtrusive when displayed. The enameling is wonderful with the choice of colors being exceptional. smile.gif Ours is also very well made with no manufacturing defects at all.

It does go with the Chinese Junk very well and since this is the year of the Rooster we will have to display them together for a while. The Radiant Rooster will be a nice compliment to the Pagoda as it has a world of bling, bling and the Pagoda will lend a nice bit of serenity. laugh.gif

We vote ----Love it! wub.gif

user posted image

#47 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:13 PM

Great photo!!!!!! I like the idea of the fans with it. I have a Jay Strongwater fan on the way and I am hoping it will go with the Pagoda.

The more I see the Pagoda the better I like it.

Ann

#48 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

Great photo, Don and Margaret - love the reflections. Who polished the table? laugh.gif

#49 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:54 PM

Don & Margaret, love the photo with the fans and rooster. You've given me some good ideas here. I didn't think about putting the Venetian Fan with the Pagoda, but it looks good. Following along with the Asian theme, the Panda would look good with it, too, I would think.

#50 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:04 PM

Yes, and also the Foo/Imperial dog on either side of the Pagoda!

Great work Don & Margaret. biggrin.gif

#51 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:04 PM

Don and Margaret-
Great photo, Great solids and compact and Great shining Table! smile.gif

I am so glad your lovely Pagoda arrived in perfect shape and that you love it.

If all goes according to plan, I should have my replacement Pagoda in my hands sometime next week. In the meantime I shall be looking at and enjoying all of the wonderful pictures everyone has put up of their Pagoda's.

Gigi

#52 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:06 AM

Help... Who is Micky and how can I order one of these lovely pagodas? I called Saks where strongwater solids usually are, but they don't have it in SF.
Thanks all....

#53 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:24 AM

Imsw1,

If you go to the Store Locations tab at the top of the page, Micky is at the Estee Lauder store in Manhasset, NY. I don't believe she's working this weekend, but you can reach her on Monday (toll free number). I'm sure she still has the Pagodas. Good luck!

#54 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:18 PM

For anyone who loved the Pagoda solid there is also a Pagoda compact done by Katherine Bauman. I am not sure on what it looks like but it retails for $225. Call Micky for details.

#55 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Bauman compact Lisa. We've been told that she will no longer be designing for EL so these compacts may get more valuable. We don't really collect compacts but hers are exceptionally pretty (and pretty pricey too sad.gif ).

#56 poodle

poodle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

I have not seen the Pagoda in person, so I will wait to vote,
After looking at Lisa's pictures my thoughts are that it looks like a traffic control device from the front, sides and top. Also not in the style of J. Strongwater. Especially after the brilliant collection Jay did last year. Tulip Quartet, Kitten on Chair, Bouquet, box etc.
Someone needs to correct the names of these JS solids for me, I can not remember the real names. Sorry.
Poodle

#57 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

Hi Poodle, Pogoda is correct.

I received the Pagoda and must agree that it is not stunning at first sight. However, it just become more and more beautiful after the second and third look.

I placed it together with the buildings, like the Barn, Taj Mahal, Gingerbread house.

What I like is that it looks beautiful at all angle. I also love the color combination, it really stand out.

Jay Strongwater has did it again. One of my favorite piece beside the Kitty on Chair .

#58 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:05 AM

Lisa are you refering to the Pagoda powder compact that Katherine Baumann did in 2002 or 2003? Or is this a brand new powder compact?

#59 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:05 AM

Here come the pics of the Pagoda.
Unfortunately I have no idea when they were issued.
I asked a long time ago for brochures, but didn't get as many as I hoped.
Therefore my compact database isn't really completely up to date.

user posted imageuser posted image

#60 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:37 PM

Gorgeous! Thank you, Brigitte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users