Photo

Do You Think Everyone Can Get Along?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Think Everyone Can Get Along?

Do You Think Everyone Can Get Along?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:05 PM

Those are beautiful thoughts Michele and others posted beforehand. I have been reading a small book of quotations and there are many I would like to post! This is the one I have chosen for the moment:

''If you have to see, then see the specialities of each other. If you have to leave something, leave weaknesses.''

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

I do believe we have 100% "YES" in votes. biggrin.gif

Can members vote more than once, or is that really ALL of the Members? blink.gif If so...it's wonderful.

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:32 PM

Aw shucks . . . . you're all bringing a tear to my eye . . . . . sniff!!!

Yes - we do rely on each other here for 'good company' - there are many laughs, joys, anguish and other emotions we go through with each other. People are missed even though they may not realise it and people do learn more than 'just about solids' on this site (although not to say learning about solids is less than meaningful). I think there are many life lessons on this site - how to communicate with others, learning and accepting different cultures, values and personalities as well as correct protocol in business transactions etc.

I think there are really no 'rules' in life, but choices. With real and great respect to all members, this is not pointed at anyone but something I try to live by. Everyone gets 'antsy' every now and then and sometimes there is a last straw that breaks you.

However there are only two choices in most practicalities of life:

You can choose to get along or you can choose to aggravate or take offence.
You can choose to let people get to know certain things about you or to be completely private.
You can choose to take opportunities or you can choose to let them go by.
You can choose to give on this board or you can choose to to take.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone.

Just remember there are many personal rewards that go only with the first choices above. [And sometimes you get more than what you bargained for! I hate to rub it in, but getting the carousel just recently was an example of this].

There are very few rewards that come with the second choice.

So - back to you - it's your choice, NO-ONE else's! cool.gif

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:55 PM

If anyone has questions about the rules on this site they can be found in the chat area under general solids chat. It is the first topic on the page.

They are the only rules of this site and here they are:

1. No insults or personal attacks. Please be polite, tactful and considerate of others. We encourage the exchange of opinions and healthy disagreements, but do so respectfully. Give your opinion and allow others to give theirs. Name calling, harassment or abuse will not be tolerated.

2. Do not in any way attempt to discourage others from posting. If someone has posted something inappropriate, we will take care of it. If you need to alert us to something you feel is inappropriate please do so via email or private message.

3. Stay on topic. Please do not change the subject of a thread, it is very inconsiderate to people who may be trying to get information about the original topic. You can always start a new thread for off-topic discussion.

4. No advertising or promoting. If you have an item for sale on eBay, you are welcome to post it in the "Solids for Sale" section. If you have a website you think is relevent to an ongoing discussion, you may post it there. If you have a related site you want to promote on our site, let us know and we will include it on our links page.

5. Do not give out the personal information of others. Obviously this would include email addresses, phone numbers and home addresses, but it may also be an inadvertent mention. For example, congratulating someone on the purchase of their new blue Mercedes may seem innocuous, but that person may not want it to be public information.

6. No spamming of any kind. This includes posting messages with no real content (ie: "me too"). This also includes posting the same information or point of view repeatedly in the same thread.

#20 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:56 PM

Could someone who understands the "stats" above please explain them to me? I'm getting 100%, but only 20 votes...so, that's 100% of ?. I'm very confused, as usual. laugh.gif

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:10 PM

20/20 = 100%

#22 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:29 PM

But logically, (think Engineer), shouldn't 100% be everyone?

Help!

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:39 PM

The percentage is based on everyone who votes. What you are seeing is the amount of people who have voted so far. Everyone has voted yes'.

So logically yes - the stats are based on everyone. Think Ebay feedback to help you here. The percentage is based on the amount of +/- feedback of how many people give feedback (not on those who don't).

Get it yet? biggrin.gif

#24 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:25 AM

Sandra - thank you for your philosophic words. You sure made me to think - and to ponder - over them.

Madeleine

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

wink.gif No worries, Madeleine. May your pondering lead you to great things!! biggrin.gif

I also welcome and enjoy pondering over other people's thoughts (philosophical or otherwise).

#26 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:53 AM

Sandra,

Your words reminded me of a quote by Charles Swindoll that I read many years ago and try to live by as I also believe that Life is all about choices and attitudes.

Here is the Quote:

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.

It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes." by Charles Swindoll

Denise

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:46 PM

Oooh yeah, Denise - I believe in that!! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users