• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

As they were leaving Nevada, the group waved žbyeÓ to Las Vegas as they headed into Arizona.

Thomas was still whining about being hungry, but Uncle Bob didnŪt want to stop and pamper little Thomas, afterall, they ate a big meal before they left.

Entering Arizona, they saw nothing but trees and desert. The Harrod Brothers were bored but what can they do?

Aunt Lola tried to start a sing-a-long and Uncle Bob joined in with her verse of žRow, row, row your boatÓ÷

The brothers didnŪt join in because they never heard this song before and they thought it quite stupid when they didnŪt see a boat, plus they never rowed before.

žStopppppppppppp!Ó screamed Thomas. žI have to use the little boys room,Ó he cried out.

Uncle Bob did not want Thomas having an žaccidentsÓ inside his car, so he pulled over near an Indian Reservation and let Thomas out.

Thomas quicky ran over to a CACTUS he spotted:

user posted image

After Thomas felt better, he saw something that sparkled! Of course, being the curious little bear he was, he went to investigate.

His cute beary eyes became very large when he saw a TREASURE CHEST! blink.gif

user posted image

#47 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

"OOOOHHH!!! Lookie here! Look what I found!!" shouted Thomas.

Depsite Uncle Bob's pleading, all the boys scrambled out of the car to look.

"Wow!!" said Giles. "Can we keep it?" asked William. Rodney was unsure of what to do. His eyes sparkled at the Treasure Chest too, but he didn't want to get into any trouble.

Uncle Bob rolled his eyes from the car and finally walked over to see what the boys were looking at. "Oh!! Is that where that darn thing went! Thanks boys - you saved me a lot of time looking for this. Take it to the car, Rodney". And with that, they picked up Uncle Bob's lost Treasure Chest and continued on their way!

Travelling along the desert, Thomas' eyes went misty and he began to think he was seeing a mirage. Because Aunt Lola kept singing that same song, he thought he saw a Boat Ride up ahead. He pointed and wanted to go on it, but no one else could see it. Then he saw a bird in a birdbath, but when the boys looked they saw a huge eagle circling their car from above. They got frightened and wondered if Thomas was sick and hallucinating.

#48 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:12 AM

Aunt Lola whispered to her husband "Bob, I don't remember you owning any TREASURE CHEST'S." Bob answered "Shhhhhhh, I don't, but we can sell the treasures inside and be very rich!"

Lola didn't feel very comfortable with this situation, but kept on singing "Row, row, row your boat" which was really making the Bears dizzy and they wished she would stop.

Baby Thomas was the dizziest of all, and kept seeing things, especially that Eagle which really scared him as the Eagle kept circling over the car, until it's long claws landed on the roof of the car, causing the car to come to a complete halt!

"Wellllll, wellllllll," drawled Uncle Bob, "Seems like we have ourselves a predicament." So Uncle Bob got out of the car to see what was going on when he saw the Eagle.

Right before Bob's eyes, the Eagle turned into a Ghost and spoke in a mysterious voice "I am Joules, the Ghost of Christmas Past, and that is NOT your TREASURE CHEST!"

user posted image

"You shall pay for this," Joules warned.......

#49 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:10 AM

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...............Lola smiled, 'peace at last!'

[/b]

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 05:19 PM.

#50 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

It was in the early hours of the morning when they arrived at the Grand Canyon. What a spectacular sight!! Thomas and the boys were thrilled to bits and begged Uncle Bob to take them on a helicopter ride. Being the obliging Uncle, he did so and afterward at their hotel he presented Lola with a Flowering Bouquet. She put on her Party Shoes, he put on his Top Hat and they went out to dinner to pop a bottle of Bubbly over a Cherry Pie.

The next day Lola asked Bob to buy her a Pretty Parasol in an effort to combat the heat. Then they headed towards Texas!!

#51 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:37 PM

The noise coming from the back of the limo was deafening. "Okay, quiet down you little whipper snappers, we're gonna be pulling into El Paso just about dinner time. There's a great restaurant just outside of town called the Stagecoach where you all can chow down to your heart's content."

"Yippee," the bears screamed, "We're starving!"

"What else is new?" Bob said under his breath as he looked at Lola, who was admiring her silver Concho belt buckle that he had bought her in New Mexico, along with a Starshell necklace.

#52 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:25 PM

As the group were leaving the car to head into the STAGECOACH Restaurant, something Pink "oinked" at them!

Rodney, William, Giles and Thomas had never seen anything like that before with those strange sounds.... Oink, Oink, Oink! rolleyes.gif

"Uncle Bob!! Aunt Lola!!" they yelled out, "what is it?" the curious brothers had to know.

"Well looky here, I do believe we have us a PIGGY" answered Uncle Bob, chuckling and slapping his knees. "I haven't seen me a PIG from HEAVEN in years" he drawled.

user posted image

"Okay you guys, get your eyes off that PIG and into the STAGECOACH if you want to fill your tummies," sternly said Aunt Lola. So into the restaurant they went as they were sure hungry!

#53 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:42 PM

'Heh, this sounds good ' Rodney retorted, reading out loud from the menu. 'PIGS trotters, FROGS legs, SNAILS in garlic butter......mmmmmm! And PUMPKIN soup tooo...''

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 May 2005 - 05:21 PM.

#54 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

Meanwhile, Bob was on the phone to Don and Margaret who lived nearby and invited them over to see their Christmas lights and solids. There second daughter was in England and they thought they'd get a lift there in Bob's jet.

Don also told Bob that the boys could ride their horses like Cowboys and he would also introduce them to some Cowgirls. And if they rode around the ranch, they might find a Lucky Horseshoe!!

#55 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:14 PM

Don and Margaret told Uncle Bob and Lola to bring the boys out and they could act like real Cowboys and maybe even rope the Longhorns and if they were lucky the Shimmering Steer. biggrin.gif

After all of that they could come back to the ranch house and have a Cup of Tea from Margarets favorite Teapot and then go back out in the front yard and build a Snowman. Then, knowing little boys (and bears) they would probably chase the Standing Pig around the Kittys and Puppies. Then if they had any energy left Don would take them up on the big mountain by the ranch and try to find some Bunnys and Bears.

Maybe after all that, the boys would be tired enough to get a good nights sleep (at least all the adults really hoped so) and Bob and Lola and Don and Margaret could have a good game with the Lucky cards before the Harrods had to leave in the morning for Dallas.

#56 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:31 PM

It was dusk as the limo pulled up in front of Don and Margaret's home. Decorated with Christmas lights, the house looked warm and inviting, almost magical as the lights twinkled against a clear night sky.

Uncle Bob tooted the horn to announce their arrival. Suddenly, the front door opened and the Dachshunds, Max and Oskar, ran as fast as their little legs would carry them to greet their guests, followed by Don and Margaret with their arms outstretched. There were bear hugs for all.

"Come on everyone," Don said, "It's about supper time. Hope you all are hungry!" Uncle Bob thought to himself, "If he only knew."

Margaret scooped baby Thomas into her arms as Don and Uncle Bob grabbed the luggage. Lola followed with Rodney, William and Giles, while Max and Oskar sniffed the air trying to identify the strange, new scent.

#57 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:43 PM

After everyone ate Margaret's delicious dinner, Don made a pot of Coffee and everyone relaxed drinking their CAFE.

user posted image

Just before Margaret was going to serve dessert, they heard scratching on the front door.

"Now golly gee, we're not s'pecting anyone" drawled Don.

Uncle Bob who had finished his CAFE said "I'll get the door, you relax."

Uncle Bob opened Don and Margaret's Front Door only to see the most DAZZLING POODLE. "Bonjour, bonjour, I am zeee Figi from next door!"

user posted image

"Oui, oui, are you not going to invite meeeeeeeee in?" rolleyes.gif

#58 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:14 PM

''What's all this a bout'' drawled Don. 'This aint a home for waifs and strays!' His wife looked up pleadingly, 'Aw come on darling. You know how we like to welcome the whole wide world and look at Max and Oskar! They sure as hell like that POODLE'S scent (perfume)!'

Giles, William, Rodney and Thomas looked on in astonishment. Fiji was now lying flat out on her back, her little legs wiggling around above her! 'She's trying to do the Can Can!' Thomas giggled, as the others looked on dumbfounded. 'Okay boys, that's enough!' Uncle Bob grunted. 'And Thomas you sure are growing up quick for a baby bear! Where on earth did you learn about the Can Can?' Thomas felt his little face becoming hot once more. 'He learned in Las Vegas, Uncle Bob' Rodney grinned. 'The Can Can girls were playing around with him and their VICTORIAN BOOTS. That's how he knows about the Can Can!' 'Yeeeeeeeeeees' Giles and William sighed, 'this trip is turning out to be really educational!' 'Yep' Don added, 'For such a little bear, he sure has a big head. Big enough to wear my COWBOY HATS, but still small enough for us to lock him away in one of the Cabinets if he misbehaves!'
Thomas cringed....... plop.....plop......ploppp...

'Oh Noooooooooo! Oh Nooooooo!' Giles and William groaned in unison!

#59 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:17 AM

Well Thomas knew he really didn't do anything wrong as it wasn't his fault that Uncle Bob and Aunt Lola brought him to Vegas, so he stopped his plops.

Now Don was threatening to put him in a Cabinet, oh no!! So Thomas ran outside to the back of Don and Margaret's House to hide.

Meanwhile, Margaret was trying to stop Figi from doing the Can Can and put Figi in a Bucket for a bath since she did have a strong odor.

Lo and behold, the Bucket was also in the back of the house and little Thomas stared at this PUPPY IN A TUB! Woo-hoooooooo!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

user posted image

#60 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

''Woof. Wooof!'' Figi laughed out loud. 'Zees is so much fun! Thomas, why don't you join me in zees bath. It eezzzzzzzzzzz sooooooooooo good. I feel like zee only PUPPY IN THE TUB!'' Thomas watched Figi as she played around in the warm bubbly water. 'I'd like to' he stammered, 'but everything I do, I get told off for or no-one understands! They think I am such a baby but they don't realise I am not as stupid as I look!' 'Non, Non, zat eez not true! You do not look like they say, stupid! You are a very clever leeeeeeetle bear. Don't let zem say otherwise. In zees life, I ave learned, zat zee people can be very cruel and unkind wiz their words. Zey can say many things which eeez not true. But zees people one day will find out what zee life is really about and will be sorry when it is, how to say it, toooooooo late! So, do not take any notice Thomas. You must be a strong BEAR and do not listen to all zeeeeees things!'

Giles and William stood in the doorway listening to Figi and Thomas chatting away. 'Well, what do you think of that!' Giles whispered to his brother. 'Seems like little Thomas has been having a hard time. I think the sooner we leave for England the better. Let's ask Rodders (Rodney) if he will have a word with Uncle Bob and Aunt Lola!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users