• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

The solid is fine it's just the box. Also, remember that either you or Michele have the last one!!!!

#17 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

I have received a couple of boxes on new solids where the foam in the top has come loose. Has anyone else had this happen. I don't see it as a real problem. It would be very easy to glue it back to the top.

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

Nancy - You could try sending it back...they might send you one with a card that reads "Exclusive - Only 500 Made." laugh.gif I mean really, this could go on for years! tongue.gif

Sorry Pat - Meant to reply to you, also. Yes, several of my new boxes had that same problem...the foam cushioning on the top came off. I did try using "Krazy Glue"...the kind you can pick up a Volkswagon with...but it didn't work. I guess it only works on Volkswagons... laugh.gif

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 11:23 AM

Ok...postman just arrived with the Very Last "English Emblem"...Ordered through the catalogue about a week ago.

The card states: "This exquisite limited edition solid perfume compact has been hand-crafted by artisans schooled in fine jewelry making - one of 150 created exclusively for Estee Lauder For Harrods." smile.gif

Next question: My white outer box reads: ENGLISH EMBLEMS (Note the 's' as in plural). Can someone please check their white box to see if it's "Emblem" or "Emblems?" (Not that it's a big deal, but I only got one Emblem....not 2.)

Regardless, I do believe there were only 150 made.

Lisa - Time for a poll! ph34r.gif

The stones on the flag are flat...they DO look like jujube's...

#20 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:12 PM

Hi Pat and Michele,
I had one box that the cushion in the cover was separated. That was the English Emblems solid perfume. The gold and blue box and the white box both show the name as ENGLISH EMBLEMS. But the enclosed card show the name as English Emblem (without the s). I never even noticed the difference!

#21 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, Barb. Thought I was losing my mind there for a second...not that anyone would notice any difference...

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:12 PM

I think the name "English Emblems" referes to the three English Emblems represented in the solid-

The Lion
The Union Jack flag
The Crown

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:18 PM

FINALLY, an answer to a question that makes sense...and it's understandable! biggrin.gif (Not that all the answers don't make sense, but this was different...a direct question with a fast, clear answer...doesn't happen too often!) laugh.gif

Thank you, Lisa...clears up that one! wink.gif

Galina - Did you receive your English Emblem yet? I ordered mine 7 days ago. ohmy.gif Very fast shipment. Perhaps you should call your credit card company and check if they posted an amount from Harrods, just to be safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users