• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 heddi

heddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone know if there are any estee lauder solid perfumes available for sale in canada? Is there a catalogue to order them from. where do you get these beautiful gems??

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:25 AM

Heddi,

biggrin.gif Hello and welcome to the site biggrin.gif

Holt Renfrew sells Estee Lauder solids in Canada, I believe there are two store locations:

Holt renfrew
10180-101 Street
EDMONTON, ALBERTA
T5J 3S4
Phone # 780 425 5300
ask for MAUREEN CLARKSON

Holt Renfrew
50 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 1A1
Phone # 416 922 2333
ask for MILENA

#3 heddi

heddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for the info Lisa, maybe I will give them a call and see if they have a catalogue or website.

#4 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:24 AM

THERE ARE ALSO HOLT RENFREW STORES IN CALGARY, ALBERTA AND IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA....HOLT RENFREW IS LIKE NEIMAN MARCUS IN IT'S QUALITY, PERHAPS EVEN MORE HIGH-END.

THE GENERAL RELEASE SOLIDS ARE/WERE ALSO AVAILABLE AT HOLT'S AND THE HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY.

HOLT'S ONLY GOT IN THE JAY STRONGWATER ONES AND THE GENERAL RELEASE ONES.

WITH THE DECLINE IN THE U.S. $ AGAINST THE CANADIAN $ (THE CANADIAN DOLLAR IS MUCH STRONGER NOW) IT IS NOT CHEAPER TO BUY THEM IN CANADA. FOR EXAMPLE THE GENERAL RELEASES HERE ARE $95.00 + 14% TAX AND IN THE U.S. THEY ARE $75.00, SO WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE OF ONLY 19% IT IS THE SAME PRICE.

HOPE THIS INFO. HELPS......BRENDA

#5 heddi

heddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:22 AM

Thank you Brenda...are you also in canada? I live close to Toronto so that would be the easiest place for me to go. I know our dollar is getting close to the US dollar but I could probably drive to Toronto cheaper than the shipping costs from the US, also I wouldn't have to worry about the customs taxes and possible loss or damage in the mail etc. I had no idea these little beauties even existed, now that I have seen them I just love them, I wish I had known about them when they 1st came out, I could of had an awesome collection by now! ohmy.gif

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:13 AM

WELCOME FROM ENGLAND HEDDI......

I HOPE YOU GET YOUR SOLID COLLECTION UNDERWAY NOW

REGARDS .......MARGARET........

#7 heddi

heddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:18 AM

Thank you margaret.

#8 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

Welcome, Heddi! Hope to get to know you better.

#9 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:56 AM

Hello Heddi,

There is one more very important Holt Renfrew that is located in Montreal, the chef comptoir (in French) of Estee Lauder department Donna Curry has working with collectors for the past 20 years. I bought from her many solids and powder compacts. This year she invited collectors to privet Solid Compacts Room with light snacks where you could relax and at the same time view and purchase a new collections. She still has a Lighthouse for sale.

DONNA CURRY
Holt Renfrew Montreal
Tel. 514.842.5111
Fax 514.842.3284

#10 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:14 AM

Hi Heddi, welcome too from Scotland. (There are loads of Scots in Canada). I have only been collecting for four years and still trying to catch up but this site is fantastic for getting information and news of any solids really early. The members of this site know more than the EL sales staff most of the time!!!!

#11 heddi

heddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:02 PM

Well thank you everyone for your info and your kind greetings, I really like this site. If there is someone from wales we could have the whole british isles biggrin.gif ....we have Margaret from England, Nancy from Scotland, and I am originally from Belfast N. Ireland. Thanks Galina for your info, unfortunately I am about an 8 hour drive from Montreal sad.gif . I live about 1 hour from Pearson (Toronto) airport. I did talk to a terrific lady from the bay department store in Toronto, she was super fab, she gave me lots of info on the phone and also e-mailed me info about solids available from the Toronto bay store. There are so many little beauties available from here, ebay and the bay store that it is hard to decide where to start! I would like one of each please ha ha!

Best regards
Heddi

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

Another Brit to welcome you! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users