4 replies to this topic

#1 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 08:50 PM

HELLO,
I NEVER DID RECIEVE THE REPLACEMENTS FROM HARROD'S FOR THE DAMAGED HARROD'S BUILDING AND THE BEAR (WITHOUT THE COMPLETED NOSE) THAT I HAD PURCHASED PREVIOUSLY.
AFTER 7 EMAILS TO HARROD'S AND AN ONGOING FRUSTRATION WITH THE FACT THAT MY VISA CARD'S SECURITY DEPARTMENT WAS BLOCKING INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES ON MY ACCOUNT DUE TO "FRAUD" CONCERNS,
I FINALLY GAVE UP.
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO EASY FOR HARROD'S TO MERELY SHIP THE REPLACEMENTS AS AN EXCHANGE, BUT NO, THEY ISSUED A CREDIT FOR THE RETURN AND THEN TRIED TO RUN IT THROUGH VISA AGAIN. AND EVEN THOUGH I CALLED VISA SECURITY (3 TIMES) TO APPROVE THE TRANSACTION,HARROD'S EITHER INCORRECTLY ENTERED THE #, TRANSPOSED THE EXPIRATION DATE,OR NEGLECTED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES (HARROD'S DEPARTMENT STORE)AS THE SOURCE OF THE CHARGE.
I HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THEM. THEY KEPT APOLOGIZING BUT SADLY I NEVER GOT THE REPLACEMENTS.DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SIMILIAR EXPERIENCE?

[Confused]

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 10:53 AM

Hi,
We only got a replacement for our building because they double shipped us and we kept the building in the double shipment. Are they all out of the buildings?

We also got a lot of appologizing for them not filling out the customs forms correctly (costing us $65)but they would not do anything about it.

We did everything by phone as they didn't answer our emails, didn't even look at the phone bill, didn't want to know.

Ann

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 11:27 AM

HiGail, Ann and Ken,

I had a problem before leaving for the States but I emailed Customer Relations. Everything was sorted out and as I had overlooked something having left the U.K. I sent another email to Customer Services, and this was handled too!

Have no idea where you are emailing to, but if you get into the Harrods site and look for Customer Relations, they are the people to deal with and mention your problems too..

I did not see one bear at Harrods without it's painted nose! My one here has a painted brown nose, so Gail, if you want one, let me know after the holidays,.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL,

Jacqueline [Wink]

#4 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:16 AM

Hi Gail !
Brigitte wants to trade a teddy she had written in an other section. She has one with painted nose and is searching for one without painting.
I dont know if its current anymore [Confused] but you can try to send her a private message [Big Grin] I think.

Greetings !

Michaela

#5 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:47 AM

I had a problem as well in that Harrod's tried to charge my card multiple times for my order of a teddy bear - even after they had successfully completed the initial transaction. Then I rec'd an e-mail that they were unable to process my order! After e-mailing them with the date of the initial charge and such, they apologized. I finally rec'd my order a few weeks later. A friend also placed an order for me which came in with the insert cards all messed up. Black lines and such, I e-mailed about that as well and was told that many of the insert cards were the same, but they would send one replacement. I have never rec'd it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users