• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:47 AM

Just to let you know that the Crowns are now sold out! I telephoned and was given this information this afternoon.

With regard to the Printed Card in the Box and the Catalogue, it goes without saying that there was a discrepancy somewhere along the line! We all know that this particular solid was not limited to 150 as stated. Irrelevant Michele that it was being sold from a different branch of the Harrods outlet. It is still a Harrods exclusive and the amount should tally with the Card which is in the box!
I am sure they will say there was a misprint on the card, in which case all our cards would have to be replaced with one relevant to the correct amount rolleyes.gif

I agree with everything Lisa writes and it is very disappointing if we cannot trust the figures being released by EL.

ph34r.gif Michele, whichever way you look at it unsure.gif the figures don't tally!

#32 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:02 AM

I think the catalogue is a misprint and there are only 150.
When I contacted Alison (way back in October) she said she had passed 50 of the crown solids over to the Direct Mail department that day. This 50 was from the whole allocation made to Allison (2 L's)
They would not sell them until the catalogue was realised in early Nov.
I know this to be true because I phone the direct mail department every single day until the catalogue came out.
And for those who are bothered I only bought 1 crown which was for a friend and not myself!!!
So I am just looking on the positve side, but do believe Allison.
I think it is 150 not 300 wink.gif
We will see ph34r.gif
Maggie

#33 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:32 AM

Ok...we now have 2 "yay's" and a whole bunch of "nay's." It seems like Maggie and I are the only two hanging in there with some hope, slim as it may be.

Be aware...I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, so read what you like into this...

Now...everyone put on their Red Shoes, click your heels together 3 times and say..."There's only 150....There's only 150...." ooops...that's another story...sorry. blink.gif

#34 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:42 PM

Hello Maggie, just a thought! Why did they pass them over to the Direct Mail Catalogue?

Do I believe in fairies Michele? You should know! Dust fairies, YES! Expect Charlotte could do with one of those right now.

wink.gif

#35 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:45 AM

Dear Nancy, I ordered the catalogs from Harrods website: www.harrods.com , you may do the same and its arrived in three-four days.

#36 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:53 AM

Did anyone have a card on hand that comes with Harrods Palace compact? My card saying that ëit is one of only 500 created exclusively by Estee Lauder for Harrodsí. However I was told that the first issued compacts came with the card description that is only 300 created exclusively by Estee Lauder for Harrods.

#37 jardanel

jardanel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:19 AM

this is the first time ever I am posting in a forum. I have visited Harrods in August and subsribed for a Lion ehich is actually called Emblem and when I saw one in ebay I phoned Harrods where the one I ordered was. They told me they were sold out and they only had one left which had not been picked up. I bought this one and recieved it a couple of days later. I showed it to a sales assistant from Estee Lauder here in Duesseldorf and she said she would try and get me another one if I wanted it! So if anyone is interested, I might be able to deliver. I myself am looking for a Jack in the box

#38 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:59 AM

Hi Jardanel,
Welcome to the site!! biggrin.gif

Seems everyone is getting the "last EM solid"

Galina, thanks for pointing that out about the Harrods palace, I'm going to have to dig my box out and see what my card says.

Who would ever think that limited editions had different #'s depending on if it came from the store or a catalog??? ph34r.gif Who would think we would have to check on something like this sad.gif

#39 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:21 AM

Lisa-- Do you remember in the phone call to EL they put someone on the line that had a big surprise for us collectors and it turned out they were going to put "little cards "in the boxes stating the it was a honest to goodness EL product. When we got through laughing we pointed out to them unless the item itself was marked the cards were meaningless as they could be put with anything.
With that kind of mind set no wonder they can't put the right number on their "little white cards"

This exclusive problem has been around a long time and sadly we do not pay much attention to the claims of limited and just buy what we like. It has hurt the dealers and sales are WAY DOWN because of it.
As for a running out of a solid in the past they just made more and reissued it.
I don't think Harrods would go along with that as they are just selling these at Christmas time and are glad to run out.

I think the "little white card" should be the new collectable.
Just think a rare card saying there are only 150 lions and it ws true. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#40 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:55 PM

Hi Jardenal - Welcome! biggrin.gif Seems like we both are getting or have received the "last English Emblem." Which half did you get? laugh.gif

#41 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

Jacky - I need more than our Dust Fairy right about now....more like a Front-End Loader!

A thought on your question....possibly they passed them on to the Catalogue department because they didn't think they would sell 150 before Christmas? Or they didn't have enough room for all the boxes? Hey, what do I know...just guessing...

#42 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

There were double the amount of Bears and Post boxes than the English Emblem so why not give half of the others to the catalogue too? or..did they? I haven't seen the catalogue yet. Come to think of it, maybe it came in and my husband hid it in the vain hope I wouldn't spend money. Ha, he knows me better than that. When I found ebay and discovered that I didn't even need to leave the house to spend I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!!! laugh.gif

#43 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:23 AM

Not sure which heading this belongs to but:

The last English Emblem/Crown has just arrived! On the card it states one of 150.

This is truly a beautiful solid...

#44 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:50 AM

Nancy - you saved my day. I had a real good laugh laugh.gif

Madeleine

#45 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:49 AM

ummmmmm....Jacky....I believe we're supposed to share. It IS the last one, remember? dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users