54 replies to this topic

#1 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:29 PM

rolleyes.gif Hello to everyone!

I received today e-mail from Harrods LTD that the additional LE peaces of Lion w/ Crown are available for order from Harrods Christmas catalog.

I placed my order today by calling 011-44-20-7730-1234.

With the most kind regards, Galina

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

Galina,

Thanks for letting us know, this solid has been selling recently on eBay for $450!! ohmy.gif

#3 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:11 PM

You know with Harrods putting the card in the box it would be nice if the "limited" Harrods pieces were numbered, especially with 30 of the sold out solid now appearing on line.

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

Well it appears they are not 'sold out'. Am surprised there are still some left to sell on-line considering there were just over a hundred released!

#5 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

That's true.

$450 is alot. The sad (or happy depending who you ask) thing is by this time next year, $450 will be a bargain basement price. laugh.gif Glad I already bought one at retail. cool.gif

#6 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:33 AM

Today, Nov. 15 I received Harrods Christmas catalog with the pictures of all exclusives on page 54-55. Under description of Lion w/ Crown is the identification that it is only 300 created exclusively by Estee Lauder for Harrods.

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

ohmy.gif On the card in the box it states that only 150 of the Lion/Crown were being released (exclusively for Harrods)?????????

#8 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:21 AM

Maybe 150 was only a "test?" Then if they all sold, they'd produce more? I'm going to call today and see what's up...thanks for the heads-up, Galina and Jacky! Just love it when someone pays attention to the facts, assuming they're factual. laugh.gif

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:16 PM

What I have heard, and this came from a Harrods SA is that Harrods received 125 pieces of the English Emblem's at the store and an additional 50 went to the mail order department. That's a total of 175 pieces not the 150 like the card said.

I also heard Harrods got 300 bears (this is correct) and 300 postboxes (postbox should be 250)

I my opinion the cards are totally worthless, it a solid is going to be limited (like anything else limited) it need to have a metal hang tag or the # needs to be inscribed or stamped into the solid itself. To me nothing else is acceptable

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

Yes Lisa, I agree! Do you recall sometime back you mentioned whether we could do some sort of head count on our 'Limited' solids.

I think this would be a good place to start!

Michele, thanks for the Heads Up!

wink.gif

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

Good idea, but you'll have to count on honesty . . . . who's going to volunteer the information that they've bought 5 (or more??).

We know how many by the number of people on the site!! Not everyone posts . . . . maybe we should just ask who DIDN'T get one!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:20 PM

No-one would have to reveal anything. Just a poll where you enter a figure i.e. one, two, three or four. No names. Not necessary. Then add up the total at the end of the Poll. It probably would not work, but 'might' be interesting.

cool.gif

Anyway Sandra, there is nothing wrong with any of the Collectors buying more than one of a solid. If I could buy everything in duplicate I would be very happy.

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

No - nothing wrong at all, I just don't think they'd want to disclose that information even in a poll . . . but yes, it would be interesting to see how many there really are.

#14 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I am receiving e-mails from collectors who still would like to order the Lion w/ Crown from Harrods Christmas Catalog.

Please call Harrods from US at 011-44-20-7730-1234 and tell the operator that you would like to please catalog order.

The Christmas catalog number for Lion w/ Crown is K55
English Postbox - J55
Teddy - H55

The price for Lion with Crown is 175.00, Postbox is 145.00 and teddy is 130.00. They charge me delivery fees of 27.00 for two solids. I hope this is helpful and I wish you all good luck with your orders. Please do not forget to mention that you are a collector and you would like to receive the peaces in pristine condition including the boxes.

#15 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:14 PM

In all fairness to EL and Harrod's, no one has said what the "Exclusive" is referring to. Does that mean only 150 to Harrod's, then all bets are off? Possibly it's 150 per SA? Or 150 per EL counter worldwide? Or 150 per square foot of selling space per store? blink.gif

Have to agree with the rest of you...the solid itself should be numbered, since we now know what the card is worth...nothing. sad.gif

I didn't get one yet...after the description of the flag...sounds like jujube's (anyone remember that candy? It just ripped your fillings right out! laugh.gif )

Anyway, whatever.... huh.gif

Just re-read Galina's post...throw in another 150 for the Christmas catalogue! laugh.gif We now have a new definition of "Exclusive." rolleyes.gif

After a moment's thought, I guess the bottom line is...Do you love the solid, "Exclusive" or not? Does it really matter how many were made? Next week is Thanksgiving...I'm just thankful I wake up every morning. After that, we have to start being "Jolly." (This will take some practice. laugh.gif ) I don't want to get into a big thing about how many of what were made, so I'll just drop out here. Good luck to one and all and God Bless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users