• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

I have just been in touch with Harrods to see which solids they have left and the S.A mentioned something about a Beyond Paradise Bear at 195? I have never
heard of it! sad.gif
Has anybody got any info on this solid please.
Thanks
Maggie

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:51 PM

Hi Maggie, Think they must have their wires crossed. The Teddy Bear for this year did not cost that, and neither did any of the other solids. Unless anyone else knows, I will check out for you in a couple of days.

Nice to see you smile.gif

#3 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 01:01 PM

Maggie,
Also, the 4 Harrods bear solids issued so far don't have Beyond Paradise. The first two had Pleasures and the last two had Beautiful. We'll be interested to see what they are talking about. cool.gif

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:11 PM

Hmmmm..... I have a question too- Did everyone get the Harrods cards in their boxes? I have been contacted by someone who did not get a card in their English Emblems box and was told by the SA that none of the EM solids got cards.

ph34r.gif Makes me wonder if this person was sold the #151 piece of this solid ph34r.gif

#5 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

Lisa,
All three of the Harrods solids we have came with the card, inside the box, describing them. Someone is getting the runaround. hmmm. sad.gif

#6 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:32 PM

Ditto here that the cards were included with all 3 solids. Maggie posted that on October 15th the English Emblem solids were sold out (per Alison), but that 50 had been turned over to Harrod's Direct Mail Department on a first come first serve basis, beginning November 1st. Lisa, do you know when and where your friend received her solid? Let's hope the card just went astray. unsure.gif

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:08 PM

Going to find out more.

I am praying that there are only 150 EM's out there and not 1500. dry.gif

#8 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:30 AM

Lisa,
The three solids I purchased from Harrods came with their cards.

#9 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:45 AM

Dear All,
I think that the S/A I spoke to didn't really know her stuff, as on further investigation it turns out that she was reffering to Lion & Crown blink.gif Don't think she goes to the Zoo too often laugh.gif
I have been calling the Direct Mail department every day to see if the catalogue is out yet (can't order until it is out) but no joy yet sad.gif
I have only ordered the Teddy for myself this year and that did have the card.
I also ordered 2 for a friend and they both had the card also.
I'm sorry for all the confusion, but if there was another Bear I wanted to know about it wink.gif
Best wishes to all
Maggie

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

The Collector who received their solid without the card should contact the person she/he dealt with at Harrods. They will then send the necessary card as every solid has them.

#11 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:18 PM

Yes, they should contact Harrods. For such a high end store, Harrods should do better.

Surprised this didn't happen to me. I received all the cards.

#12 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

See Greyhound, you had good luck this time!! Not all things that go wrong happen to you!

#13 FragrantPetals

FragrantPetals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

On the topic of Harrods, I would like to add THAT I HOPE THEIR SOLIDS WILL BE SOLD IN THE STATES AND THAT A DECISION WILL BE ARRIVED AT SOON. OBVIOUSLY THESE TO REMAIN LIMITED IN NUMBER

I am fed up with the attitude of EL at Harrods and now I hear they are going to have the monopoly concerning all solids in the UK. That for me is appalling news! Especially when stores out of London have given me such wonderful care over the years. Compared to the treatment of our American collectors, we are downgraded and regarded as non-entities. This is something other people here feel strongly about too.

SO COPRORATE OFFICE IN THE USA, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE LOOK INTO MAKING HARRODS LIMITED SOLIDS AVAILABLE SO THAT WE CAN BUY THEM OVERSEAS.

Thank you.

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

Yes, I agree that some Harrod's staff may have to lift their game and it would be 'easier' and nice to purchase the solids elsewhere. However it would be a shame to buy 'English' things from outside the UK. I think that's what makes them special. Personally, I would hate to have to buy things exclusive to Australia outside the country, as would probably Americans having to purchase something like the Statue of Liberty from another country.

Saying this, there are more than one department store in the US and Australia that sell EL solids. Likewise, there should be more than one store in the UK that should stock them too so that Harrods does not have the monopoly.

Competition is good and this might make Harrods attitude towards customers change. (Not to mention some of there strange rules and expensive shipping costs!) sad.gif

#15 FragrantPetals

FragrantPetals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:57 PM

You have some valid points there. I did purchase Lady Liberty in England though.

I think the problem here is one store having the monopoly. As you say, without competition there is not the incentive to do more for the customer. We are a captive audience!

Let us hope that the situation will change and that the old department stores will receive the solids too. I can understand harrods keeping their own, but not the entire range of estee lauder solid perfumes.

Will let you know if i see them anywhere else in the Uk.

Thank you for your thoughts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users