7 replies to this topic

#1 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

Hello Friends,

I know that none of you knew my mother-in-law, Caroline, but I just had to honor her by mentioning her passing at age 83. She lived with us for the past 2 and a half years, suffering from Alzheimer's and kidney failure which required daily dialysis that we did at home.
Caroline was a beautiful lady, inside and out. Everyone who knew her immediately called her "sweet", and that, she was. She was also loving, giving, smart, and loved life to the fullest. She played golf, getting a hole-in-one when she was in her 60's. She was in 4 bridge clubs, a garden club, and active member of her sorority.
She was a teacher, earning her Bachelor's Degree at the U of Tennessee. Later, she also got her Master's. She and my husband's brother took flying lessons, so she was a pilot, too!
We were with Caroline as she took her last breath. She is gone, but yet still with us in our hearts, and we will always adore her.
Thank you for listening.

Linda in Hotlanta

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Wow! Linda - it sounds like she was some woman!! What a life to celebrate!

Glad you were with her in her ailing health - she sure must have been frustrated by it, given her very full life.

Best wishes and thoughts in your grief - it's always a bit of a shock (the finality of a life), and I hope it passes soon so you can enjoy the memories of her.

Take care.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

Linda,

Our condolences to you and your family.

Your Mother-in-law sounded like a remarkable woman indeed.

#4 Nettie

Nettie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

Linda,

Thanks for sharing the loss of your Mother in law Caroline- its always sad when we lose a loved one especially one who has lived life to the full as you Mother in law did.

You will certainly feel an empty space in your life with her passing.

I am sending prayers and best wishes to you and your family .

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:21 AM

Linda,

Your mother-in-law sounded like a very interesting lady, and I think it's wonderful that you have written such kind words in her memory. I think she was fortunate to have you as a daughter-in-law. You and your family will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

LINDA,

YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW SOUNDED A WONDERFUL LADY, SUCH A SAD LOSS FOR YOU, MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU

MARGARET

#7 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:22 PM

Thank you, everyone, for you kind, comforting words, and for helping me honor such a special person, my mother-in-law, Caroline.

Linda in Hotlanta

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:13 AM

Hello Linda,

Am so sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Although belatedly, my thoughts are with you.

Jacqueline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users