• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

Lisa, thanks for sharing your NM evening and for the sketches. Your reviews are just the best!

#17 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:37 PM

Lisa, I agree with the statement that you do great reviews. Could never have described the event and spring solids as well as you did. Also agree that the new solids are rather small and somewhat pricey, especially the oyster.

Great to see you again, as well as other familiar faces. It was a good group and the Estee Lauder presentation was well done. The Estee firm deserves credit for connecting to this small group of collectors with such a nice event.

Phyllis

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! wink.gif

Phyllis,

Great seeing you, and yes, I thought it great that EL is getting to know the collectors better, I think we can give them some very valuable input.

I got some emails asking me if EL would be going to other NM doors and I am sorry but am not sure, best bet is to call you NM SA and ask.

#19 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:45 PM

Fabulous Lisa! biggrin.gif Congrats on the lovely prize! You too Phyllis! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you had a very entertaining evening and your "rough" sketches are terrific!
Karen

#20 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:55 PM

Hi Lisa, thanks for the report. If anyone from EL design are reading this maybe they should think about the Harrods Telephone Box and do something like thatfor the oyster. What do you think?

#21 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

Talking of solids for 2005 I am just back from the UK IPBA and I believe that one of the Harrods solids for next year is to be a Double Decker Bus.

Ooops, forgot to close the tags!

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:36 AM

WOW MY HUSBAND IS A TOY BUS COLLECTOR, SO HE WILL JUST HAVE TO BUY ME ONE.... wink.gif wink.gif

REGARDS.... MARGARET..... laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:38 AM

Nancy,

Good scoop!!! Thanks for letting us know... wink.gif

#24 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

The 2005 solid info should fit nicely in with the other current chat on "Themes".....I think our suggestions for solids to be made has come up over and over again and many GREAT suggestions have been made. The Christmas theme would be a HUGE seller ......as well as some of the others that have been mentioned. The fish sounds nice...not sure about the oyster. Again, why not take our many great suggestions and run with those? If I remember correctly from my college days, it was :

Basics of Business 101: Give the consumer what they want wink.gif

#25 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:50 PM

Nancy, I hope EL follows through --I want a double decker bus!!! laugh.gif
It will complement my Harrods delivery van. I didn't get any Harrods this year...they weren't to my taste.

Ar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users